Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2016, 07:29 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,698,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
Emergency Pizza delivery
Just not, apparently, from Blaze Pizza.

My issue today is Pride. You know, the one that goeth before the fall?

I have a routine, when I get home, to put my company's building access card in a very specific spot, so I don't lose it. I haven't misplaced the card in more than 6 months. Yesterday morning, as I retrieved the card, I mentally patted myself on the back for my success in not losing the card.

So, my friends, what happened this morning? That's right, the card was not in it's anointed spot. Instead it was tucked away nicely in the pants I had worn the day before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2016, 08:04 AM

218 posts, read 242,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Fingers crossed you can return them. That happened to me once and the store didn't let me return or exchange.
I actually put that backwards, the first pair was size 7 and the second pair was size 6 1/2. my first world problem was that both pair fit perfectly, and that I wished that the rest of me could lose 1/2 a size in just a couple of minutes. Of course, it was just a matter of different styles "sigh" and I still can't lose any weight in a couple of minutes.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:29 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,790,352 times
I went to Half Price Books with my husband last night. I bought some piano music books and added them to my already large collection. But now there are too many books for the basket I use to hold them and they fall to the floor. I suppose I'll have to buy a larger basket.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:32 AM

45,431 posts, read 60,623,477 times
Should I go goose hunting or rake leaves this afternoon?

Old 11-23-2016, 10:28 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,893,310 times
This morning was a disaster!

So I needed to take my bike in for a tune up, and the bike shop suggested I schedule it for the holiday week. I realized that it would be good to drop my bike off today, as I was planning to work from home, and I could do it before I got started this morning.

I had planned to leave at around 7:45a, to arrive at the bike shop (which is also a coffee shop) by 8a. It is a 15-20 minute easy bike ride - mostly downhill. This would leave me enough time to stop at my favorite donut place, pick up the bus, and get home by 9a or so, to prep for my 9:30a meeting!

When I woke up this morning, it looked like it was raining, so I started to think about how I could fit this errand in later in the afternoon as well as getting my last minute Thanksgiving supplies.

At 7:45 it looked like the rain stopped, and it was supposed to be clear for the rest of the day, so I started getting ready.

I left home at about 8:10. When I got outside there are a few sprinkles. And the blue sky is peaking through. So I thought, nothing to worry about. It shouldn't rain. And the ride is short. I had not dressed for rain with a sweater, scarf and a knit dress. And some sneakers.

I hopped on my bike, dealing with those few sprinkles and pedaled off. I got a little over 2 blocks from home and it started to rain much harder! I didn't want to turn around, because it would have meant going up a huge hill, or biking down half way to turnaround and take the flatter route. So I had to ride. In the rain.

I got to the bike shop 15 minutes later. I was damp. My face was wet. My sleeves were wet. My legs drived off instantly, the only good news. Dropped off my bike. I put on my wool cardigan to warm up. Ordered my coffee. Then I looked outside. And it was no longer raining and completely cleared up.

I would have missed all the rain if I left 15 minutes later.

Old 11-23-2016, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Should I go goose hunting or rake leaves this afternoon?
You have to ask?

Go hunting and leaf the raking for later.

Old 11-23-2016, 02:26 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,179,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I almost had a heart attack on my way home this evening. As my bus ride was coming to an end, I reached into my backpack front pocket for my keys. It is where I always put them.

They weren't there.

So I thought, maybe I put them in the other pocket with my wallet.

No keys.

Then I searched the main compartment.

No keys.

Then I thought, oh no, they fell out of my bag at my work desk. And I would meet to go back to work. This would have meant 2 buses or a ride via uber/lyft that would take 30 minutes. And obviously I didn't have my car keys so it was transit or ride sharing. I started thinking about the bus schedule to head back to the office.

Then I went back to my front pocket. Pulled everything out. I felt around and uncovered a slip pocket. My keys landed in there.

Phew.
Oh, I can relate to this! Losing track of your keys is the worst. It is on a par with losing track of your phone.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:27 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,523,229 times
I'm trying to figure out how an app on my phone that's supposed to find it for me, can help me find the phone if I don't have the phone in my hand to use the app to find it?

My first world problem today is that I actually switched from a dumb phone to a smart phone yesterday. Got a used Iphone 4s, which after living with a dumb phone, is plenty smart for me. However, when the nice young guy at the Verizon store tried to move all of my contacts from the dumb phone to the smart phone, they ended up lost in space.

So, I had to email everyone I could think of to ask them what their phone numbers are, since all I ever did was look up my contacts by name. And then I got a text from someone saying they missed me and wanted to know my favorite color and making sure they had the correct address for a Christmas card. And I didn't know who it was! So embarrassing. I guess the good news is that I could think of more than one person who would ask :-)

Old 11-24-2016, 05:07 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,090,997 times
How will we ever get rid of all the leftovers after today's dinner? Going to take a month just to finish the Turkey. What to do with all the left over pies and dressing. Every year we have to go through this. It's torture I tell you pure torture.

Old 11-24-2016, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
How will we ever get rid of all the leftovers after today's dinner? Going to take a month just to finish the Turkey. What to do with all the left over pies and dressing. Every year we have to go through this. It's torture I tell you pure torture.
What's a leftover?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology