Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 07:26 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,252,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Cool story, bro. Is there a question here?
+1.

I sense a "women are useless" on the horizon. Lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2017, 08:03 AM

1,360 posts, read 1,391,993 times
He's on the other team he just doesn't know it yet

Old 05-15-2017, 08:09 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
+1.

I sense a "women are useless" on the horizon. Lol.
Or, "women don't know what they want" or "women only want rich jerks." The possibilities are endless!

Old 05-15-2017, 08:15 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,968,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Perhaps it's time to switch teams?
I agree. As a lady who has played on both sides of the fence, I'll tell you one of the reasons I prefer tacos over sausage is that the sex is WAY better This fact usually holds true for both men and women; you have the benefit of the home court advantage.

Old 05-15-2017, 11:29 AM

537 posts, read 598,362 times
Lots of guys say this. The issue here is that men make their attraction to others obvious, whereas women do not. I'm sure there are women who find you attractive too. Although with women, social skills and social status are often equally as important as physical appearance.

Old 05-15-2017, 11:36 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,419,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
I am more attracted to men myself but I have never understood why many women just seem to not want to have anything to do with me. Even women co-workers want nothing to do with me and ignore me and roll their eyes around me.
I have been stunned in the past when guys who looked like models told me they wouldn't mind a relationship. While a vast majority of women no matter what will consider even making eye-contact with me.
Perhaps their gay-dar is going off.

Do you dress or talk effeminately? Are you overdramatic?

Old 05-15-2017, 12:39 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,644,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
I understand but then again many of my male roommates over the years have had women attracted to them and decided they no longer want to live with women, hence why they had guy roommates.

I am in my 30s, it is extremely interesting going into public and being around these people my age that several off-spring each. I am sure some are very happy, but many of the men have very little freedom because the women are attracted to them.

I am more attracted to men myself but I have never understood why many women just seem to not want to have anything to do with me. Even women co-workers want nothing to do with me and ignore me and roll their eyes around me.

I tend to get along very well with male co-workers and have had male bosses who have taken me for lunch. I have had many excellent guy roommates who were attracted to me.

I have been stunned in the past when guys who looked like models told me they wouldn't mind a relationship. While a vast majority of women no matter what will consider even making eye-contact with me.

If you're more attracted to men, then why do you even care what women think about you?

Old 05-15-2017, 01:37 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,349,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BongoBungo View Post
Lots of guys say this. The issue here is that men make their attraction to others obvious, whereas women do not. I'm sure there are women who find you attractive too. Although with women, social skills and social status are often equally as important as physical appearance.
This has been my experience. It hasn't been frequent, but several men have very overtly made their interest in me known, particularly when I was in my 20s. Sometimes in detail. And the details were the same things women I was in relationships with would eventually comment on. Women who were in loving relationships with me were more stingy with compliments than random men. That was kind of annoying.

Old 05-15-2017, 02:12 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,528,293 times
So are you gay or not, OP?

If you are, it shouldn't be a problem that most men are attracted to you.

If you are not, you may be putting women off with some part of your personality, either consciously or unconsciously. I can't believe that almost every women you know dislikes you. Women are not monolithic and have varied tastes. There must be some woman out there who would like you. Why do you ask one of your male friends who is liked by women if he notices anything strange in your interactions with women?

Old 05-15-2017, 03:10 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,817,259 times
If he's gay, it probably comes across in the way he interacts with people. Women are probably quick to "friend zone" him.

I have the opposite problem. I am gay but nobody knows it or can tell and I tend to end up with women interested in me and never guys. It makes it awkward because I don't want to say "I'm gay" but I also don't want to lead them on because I am not interested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology