Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 08:24 AM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,789 posts, read 4,155,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert&Ripley View Post
Please tell me he changes his own diaper.

To each his own.

I guarantee he does not. That's part of the fetishism and role-playing that apparently they are both into.
I'm thinking his girlfriend is into poo poo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2018, 09:35 AM

2,067 posts, read 1,069,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondayafternoons View Post
Sorry to break the news— but... no... she changes his diapers. Maybe come to think of it she might be a little more disordered than he is-
And.... if she gets sick or they break up, who will feed him and change him and soothe him during a tantrum? lol lol
It baffles me how his gf( mommy..?) talks with a straight face on tv how she spends most her money on his baby play toys and stuff

From what I understand of baby man and his gf/ mommy it’s not a sexual thing - it’s just how he insists on living- laying in his jammies drinking his baba in a crib. Mmm i think he is like someone said “just a man who doesn’t wanna work”
Be careful when the pee pee hits the air Mommy!!!

Old 07-12-2018, 09:36 AM

2,067 posts, read 1,069,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkool View Post
I guarantee he does not. That's part of the fetishism and role-playing that apparently they are both into.
I'm thinking his girlfriend is into poo poo.
As Sally Jessey would say "THAT is a whole other show."

Old 07-12-2018, 09:44 AM

3,545 posts, read 6,033,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
If it's a behavioral choice, isn't hindering his life, and nobody is being harmed, what's to seek professional help for? Serious question.

Don't misunderstand, I'm in mental health. I'm very pro therapy as needed. But for people who are perfectly happy in their lives (even when their lives are far from what is considered culturally normal) and who aren't harming anybody, and who aren't experiencing major hindrances in functioning, it's hard to think of a reason they'd seek therapy, or what they'd want to get out of it. It would be a waste of their time and a therapist's time to address something that they're not experiencing as a problem.

People are into weird stuff. If it works for them and isn't hurting anybody, though, who cares?
Came here to say exactly this.

Old 07-12-2018, 10:20 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,157,453 times
I’m very compassionate towards anyone who has a true mental health disorder, but some things you just have to call a spade a spade, imho— I agree with other persons thoughts it’s basically a man who just doesn’t want to work ( or do anything except drink a bottle and lay around playing w baby toys

Old 07-12-2018, 10:26 AM

50,795 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
I’m very compassionate towards anyone who has a true mental health disorder, but some things you just have to call a spade a spade, imho— I agree with other persons thoughts it’s basically a man who just doesn’t want to work ( or do anything except drink a bottle and lay around playing w baby toys
But he doesn’t have to act like a baby in order to get disability and not work. His disability was granted because he has posttraumatic stress disorder, not because he wants to be a baby. He could get the same disability by wearing adult clothes and acting as an adult. Your theory presupposes that if he started acting like an adult they would remove his disability from him it is not the case.

Old 07-12-2018, 10:52 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,410,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post

But he doesn’t have to act like a baby in order to get disability and not work. His disability was granted because he has posttraumatic stress disorder, not because he wants to be a baby. He could get the same disability by wearing adult clothes and acting as an adult. Your theory presupposes that if he started acting like an adult they would remove his disability from him it is not the case.
Right? It's amazing how bad at analysis people are - can't be bothered to read or think things through.

The man's infantilism is not considered his disability. His disability is PTSD. People here are conflating two separate things. They don't give benefits for infantilism, people.

Infantilism is not new. Most people who practice it, also hold down normal jobs. They leave the infantilism at home.

It is thought to be a reaction to the stresses of adult life in some cases. Since this man has PTSD, he obviously has experienced some major stress. This is his method of retreating to a time when he had no stresses.

To each their own, I guess. Who cares?

Old 07-12-2018, 11:40 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
First when I saw it I was just speechless and couldn’t believe my eyeballs- then I couldn’t stop laughing At the utter ridiculousness of it, straight absurd.
I really just.cant.believe. it.

A grown a** man, telling Dr Phil that he has a “adult baby disorder” that causes him for blah blah reasons to have to “live like a baby, complete with a custom made high chair, crib, toys, bottle and custom made “baby clothes and jammies “
and a girlfriend who I’m not sure which one is the sicker one of the two because his girlfriend obliges his “need to be a giant baby” and with a straight face reports most of her money is spent on his baby clothes, toys, etc
He is apparently not even embarrassed to sit there on national tv as if he is discussing his college program, that he’s indeed, he spends life laying in his adult size “crib” and drinking his bottle.
Then mentions he sometimes in his high chair will throw his food or have
tantrums. His girlfriend spoon feeds him his baby food while he says “no no, mama, waahhhh!!” bangs on tray for more baby food.

I’m just, wow, what? Is this for real? I didn’t hear him mention any family
Members but I have to wonder what his family would say. “well he always was a crybaby?”
Literally?
One person said no, it’s just a man who doesn’t want to work.
Good God, my dad is rolling over in his grave- adult baby man...what?

Will public places now have to provide adult size high chairs for people with adult baby syndrome? ROFLMAO
We need to stop praising people like this for "being so brave". He's definitely got a mental illness, but I agree with that one person who said he's just lazy. There's nothing for him to be proud of here. Telling everyone he acts like a giant baby is not a proud moment, nor is acting like one.

Old 07-12-2018, 12:18 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
NO, he is NOT getting disability payments for this "disorder"; he's getting disability payments for OTHER things: "Thornton argued that his adult baby lifestyle had nothing to do with his eligibility for SSI, which he claims stems from post-traumatic stress syndrome, back problems, depression, ADHD and other factors. ... The official investigation into Thornton’s SSI eligibility ended recently when Thornton received a letter from the SSA stating that his disability status had not been found to have changed ..."

Again, I refer you to the link that you didn't bother to read when Silibran posted it: https://www.disability-benefits-help...ility-benefits .

Note, SSI isn't the easiest thing to get and requires a ton of documentation. I know it's very easy to get outraged at stories like this (I find it pretty appalling too), but at least try to get the facts correct.
This is true. It is hard to get disability, but people do it, often with the aid of attorneys who specialize in this.

Possibly the PTSD was a trigger for the Adult Baby Syndrome? I still think people who have this set of symptoms are to be pitied, not ridiculed or laughed at. There is something disturbed about their coping skills, IMO.

Old 07-12-2018, 02:26 PM

3,657 posts, read 3,288,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I've read about this person. I do believe he has mental health issues but I don't believe his "disorder" should necessarily be legitimized. I think there is some sexual fetish going on and I don't think the taxpayer should be subsidizing this.
What does this have to do with taxpayers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology