Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2018, 09:57 AM

50,825 posts, read 36,527,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
How is it labeled a 'fetish' in your mind if it isn't sexual?

Definition of the word fetish:

a form of sexual desire in which gratification is linked to an abnormal degree to a particular object, item of clothing, part of the body, etc.

I never said there wasn’t a sexual gratification component, I said they do not engage in sex while one person is dressed as a baby. There may be masturbation involved in some people. Some cases there won’t be. But it’s not about having sex with someone dressed as a baby. There is no desire to have sex with someone dressed as a baby involved in this and no connection to pefophilia.

There’s a Wikipedia article that explains it well but I don’t know how to copy and paste entire paragraphs on my phone. Here is the link maybe that will make it easier to understand. This man falls under the category of adult baby syndrome which is most common.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraphilic_infantilism
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2018, 09:59 AM

10,908 posts, read 7,402,055 times
Thanks for explaining all this. I read that people who wear pink a lot are looking to nurture or be nurtured. Might be nice to let go of adult responsibility, put on some pink footy pjs, and be a kid for a while.

Quote:
A little isn't there to appeal to pedophiles by pretending to be a kid. That's where the knee jerk "omg ew!" comes from I think. They come to it full of the anxiety and stress they have as their "adult" self, then they let all of that go through the role play of a time where it simply didn't register for them, when they get into "head space", and they come out of it relaxed and refreshed and renewed. The "Bigs" or "Mommies/Daddies" in those relationships are usually just loving and protective people. They aren't creeps.

Old 07-15-2018, 11:54 AM

9,423 posts, read 11,176,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
As a librarian myself, I always have to laugh when people say they “dress as a librarian.” What does that mean, exactly? I wear jeans and casual blouses or tees to work every day, lol.

Although I did dress as a “stereotypical librarian” for Halloween one year, complete with a tweed skirt suit, chain for my glasses, and a grey-wig bun. Is that what you dress like for these sessions?

(I’m mostly just teasing you, but we do get a little tired of the stereotypes in our profession - especially since they are terribly outdated and irrelevant to your modern librarian)
I dated a liberrian for a while, in a past life. She was a wild and crazy gal!

I'd guess the "dresses like a liberrian" comes from people who don't care for books and/or readers, have never visited a liberrry, or who hated it when forced to go as young skulls full of mush skool kids.

Old 07-15-2018, 12:05 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,088,812 times
🤮

Old 07-15-2018, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
I dated a liberrian for a while, in a past life. She was a wild and crazy gal!

I'd guess the "dresses like a liberrian" comes from people who don't care for books and/or readers, have never visited a liberrry, or who hated it when forced to go as young skulls full of mush skool kids.
No, they are saying "dressing like a librarian" meaning they think it's sexy. The classic tight bun and glasses and chain are very appealing to a lot of men (my brother loves that look, and to him glasses have the same effect as lingerie). It's the whole fantasy of "you have been misbehaving young man" thing, and then behind closed doors the bun gets pulled out and she whips her hair around kind of thing...

Old 07-15-2018, 12:57 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,576,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Wasn’t just one there have been several shows about it over the years.

The aim for this man, is to re-create his abusive childhood, this time without the abuse, so that he feels safe. Someone having sex with him while he’s dressed as a baby would defeat the whole purpose of that.
But it's ok knowing the other person is sexually turned on and masturbates. There is no talking around this the way you are trying to.

Old 07-15-2018, 01:10 PM

Quote:
But it's ok knowing the other person is sexually turned on and masturbates. There is no talking around this the way you are trying to.
I'm not talking around it, I'm trying to explain it. You seem to be determined to equate these people with pedophilia, and I don't think it matters what I say or post. Believe what you want.

Old 07-15-2018, 01:19 PM

Quote:
No, they are saying "dressing like a librarian" meaning they think it's sexy. The classic tight bun and glasses and chain are very appealing to a lot of men (my brother loves that look, and to him glasses have the same effect as lingerie). It's the whole fantasy of "you have been misbehaving young man" thing, and then behind closed doors the bun gets pulled out and she whips her hair around kind of thing...
The Librarian look is not about authority or what a bad boy someone is.

It's about a women who doesn't dress sexually and the fantasy is to uncover the sexy within. I got this at lot in the Corporate world for dressing modestly.

The hair done up in a bun makes it forbidden to most men as well as what is underneath the clothes. But for you it comes undone.

Quote:
Given the association of loose, flowing hair with open sexuality in our culture, it is no coincidence that the librarian, the nurse, and the schoolteacher all share a hairstyle in the popular imagination: the tight, tight bun. (Just as it is no coincidence that the fantasy of the sexy librarian begins with her pulling the pin from her tight, tight bun and letting her hair cascade down.) The librarian’s bun said, in no uncertain terms, that this woman was here to do a job — the job of civilizing unruly minds, no less. (Nurses, whose job required physical contact, went a step further, not only wearing their hair up but covering it with a nun’s wimple — even the ones who weren’t nuns.)
Quote:
So how does the radical desexualization of the librarian as public actor become the highly sexualized librarian of male fantasy? Ironically, it is through the very act of desexualization. In a society in which manhood and male sexuality are structured around the practice of gender domination and subordination, the denial of a woman’s sexuality is as much an invitation as a garter belt and riding crop
https://savageminds.org/2014/03/26/u...exy-librarian/

Old 07-15-2018, 01:28 PM

Quote:
I'm not talking around it, I'm trying to explain it. You seem to be determined to equate these people with pedophilia, and I don't think it matters what I say or post. Believe what you want.
Your're merging things together. Sexual fethishes with people who are getting a therapeutic benefit from acting like a baby.

I don't care what kind of sexual fetishes people want to do. I am saying that it is not therapeutic to live this baby lifestyle all the time. And if the caregiver is getting sexually charged from it, that is even worse.

This guy on Dr. Phil isn't trying to heal from his trauma, he is living this way indefinitely by choice. He said he did some research and he is chronologically 18 months old. He is ill. That is a delusion. How could he chronologically 18 months old? He walks and speaks in complete sentences. He can feed himself, he doesn't need to be strapped into a high chair and cajoled. The tantrums are done with an adult mind pretending like an actor.

Old 07-15-2018, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Your're merging things together. Sexual fethishes with people who are getting a therapeutic benefit from acting like a baby.

I don't care what kind of sexual fetishes people want to do. I am saying that it is not therapeutic to live this baby lifestyle all the time. And if the caregiver is getting sexually charged from it, that is even worse.

This guy on Dr. Phil isn't trying to heal from his trauma, he is living this way indefinitely by choice. He said he did some research and he is chronologically 18 months old. He is ill. That is a delusion. How could he chronologically 18 months old? He walks and speaks in complete sentences. He can feed himself, he doesn't need to be strapped into a high chair and cajoled. The tantrums are done with an adult mind pretending like an actor.
Of course he is ill. I don't think this is normal by any means (nor do I think foot fetishes or wanting to be peed on are normal) He has apparently severe PTSD. That's why he is on disability. But it seemed you felt there was a component of pedophilia involved, and I don't agree with that. It seemed like you were judging them as possibly dangerous to society, and I disagree with that as well. He's a broken man trying to get past what may have been a horrific childhood, and he finds this ritual of being a baby comforting. I never went through horrific abuse, so I'm not going to judge him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology