Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2022, 04:11 PM

10,501 posts, read 7,029,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easilyjaded View Post
Does a woman who cannot have kids provide any other value to a man in a relationship?

I’m a woman in my early 30s with a genetic condition I don’t want to pass on (50% chance). Why would any sane man want to be with me if I can’t bear him children?

There are untold millions of women who have lasting and rewarding relationships despite being able to have children. Don't devalue all the many gifts you bring to a relationship.

Old 11-19-2022, 04:44 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,767,854 times
Quote:
Does a woman who cannot have kids provide any other value to a man in a relationship?

I’m a woman in my early 30s with a genetic condition I don’t want to pass on (50% chance). Why would any sane man want to be with me if I can’t bear him children?
Are you from some sort of primitive "culture", where women are hated by men, and used only as machines for involuntarily whelping-out babies? Those certainly exist. But you're in America, now.

This is how things are, HERE:

Being in a relationship with a woman, increases a man's being viewed as normal. The degree to which this is important, varies with locale. And it varies according to the man's socioeconomic background, the industry within he works, the sort of family he's from, and where he's intending to go in life. Having a wife or female significant other, becomes increasingly important, as the importance increases, of his having to mask his bisexuality (virtually everybody is bisexual, to a degree).

A woman can be someone for a man to love, and someone who can love him. A woman can be the one person who cares and understands.

A woman can contribute, financially, to the household. Our tolerance for busywork, and for organizing a thousand tiny details, is not without value. We're awfully good at running today's complex households.

A woman is someone with whom the man can have sex (even when he's thinking about other men, or other women). It's "no-strings sex", too, which is awfully convenient. Even if he's thinking about being in a mountain cabin with his "uncles" Brock Lesnar and Brett Favre, he's WITH you. You're the warm body, and you ARE the recipient of a lot of love.

A woman can RAISE HIS CHILDREN - and even BEAR HIS CHILDREN, even if she didn't give birth to them, or if the eggs aren't hers. At the periphery of my family, there's a man from a high-IQ woman-hating nation, who used his own genetic material, combined with the egg of a "genetically-ideal" woman, implanted into a surrogate womb. Nannies, and the ex-wife, are raising the kid. Being still-married to a woman who could tolerate him, would be even better. He's a toxic monster, with a lot of money (describes most of my family, actually, and the neighbors surrounding three of our homes), but you can see the possibilities. How lovely, if he's a decent person and you're a decent person, and you bear and raise his test tube offspring with a Swedish supermodel.

A woman can follow him in her trusty Lexus, and give him a ride back to the house, when he drops-off his stupid Bentley for yet another go-over - so that he can get back to the house, to get his stupid Porsche. A woman can be the one who snatches-away his money, before he spends it. She can be the one who invests the money. She can be the excuse for not drinking, and for not doing all sorts of other self-destructive things.

Being part of a couple, is of immeasurable value to a person, in more ways than can be counted. And being with a woman who is NOT a pregnancy land mine, is of even greater value. NOT having babies, for the most part, is better than having babies.

Old 11-19-2022, 06:00 PM

63 posts, read 52,107 times
I just feel like I’m worthless to a man. I’ve been told I’m not suited for long term relationships because there’s no “return” for a man’s investment in me.

I’m just going to give up. Life isn’t worth living when you’re a woman in my position.

Old 11-19-2022, 06:10 PM

3,253 posts, read 1,740,815 times
Quote:

There's always love and companionship. Don't doubt yourself, you could still have a fulfilling life without actually having children of your own. You could foster a child or adopt if you need to be a mother.

Best wishes.

Old 11-19-2022, 06:13 PM

1,937 posts, read 701,263 times
Life partner, companionship.

Old 11-19-2022, 06:27 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,767,854 times
Quote:
I just feel like I’m worthless to a man. I’ve been told I’m not suited for long term relationships because there’s no “return” for a man’s investment in me.

I’m just going to give up. Life isn’t worth living when you’re a woman in my position.
I can think of one man, who was TRAPPED INTO FATHERHOOD, at the beginning of his twenties. A predatory female lied about being on birth control (this was the second time she'd done that, and already had a child from another man). Now, this guy is on-the-hook for Child Support. He was in magazines - the toast of NYC - headed places. But he had to move "back-home", because of that pregnant lyin' witch. Child Support, and the endless time demands caused by children, have messed-up his life, irrevocably. Another child, would probably be the END of his life.

There are plenty of guys, who'd LOVE to be married to the sort of woman who is NOT going to whelp-out any babies. Most guys can only afford ONE KID. (unless they're surgeons, or part of "religious communities" which are gaming the system, and getting the public to fund their irresponsible, planet-destroying, breeding habits).

There are eight billion people on the planet. There is no shortage of babies. Whoever those people are, telling you these awful things about yourself, you need to get away from them. They're WRONG. They're wrong, on many levels.

Old 11-19-2022, 06:36 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,557,771 times
Quote:

Did you ex(es) fill your head with this garbage on their way out the exit door or, worse yet, did you father/other male role models/your culture tell you this?

I only ask because your conviction that you're worthless due to age and your decision to not bear children due to genetic concerns seems to run too deeply to have been due to recent reading of online PUA/Red Pill/MGTOW sites.

Last edited by Formerly Known As Twenty; 11-19-2022 at 06:54 PM..

Old 11-19-2022, 06:51 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,441,486 times
Most men want sex. Many don’t want children. You’re obviously educated. Why are you so hung up on misinformation?

Old 11-20-2022, 08:32 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,716,485 times
Who raised you to believe that women are worth so little?

Old 11-20-2022, 08:34 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,362,964 times
Quote:

If your employer offers an EAP, contact them to find a therapist. Everyone has worth as an individual outside of how they relate to other people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology