Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2022, 05:49 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
I was married for 17 years, and I've never had children. ~ Definitely never wanted children in my entire life.....not during any period of my life.

I definitely feel as if I have a lot of worth.....without ever having given birth back in the fertility days.

And I definitely have worth without a man.....with or without a man I have a good amount of worth.

And I have inherent worth without a child.

Like Sand&Salt at post #[59], not a maternal bone in my body either.
Very honest to know yourself so well
Good you didn’t have them to placate other people’s agendas

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-29-2022 at 05:32 PM..

Old 11-22-2022, 06:03 PM

8,238 posts, read 6,576,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easilyjaded View Post

Does a woman who cannot have kids provide any other value to a man in a relationship?

I’m a woman in my early 30s with a genetic condition I don’t want to pass on (50% chance). Why would any sane man want to be with me if I can’t bear him children?
There are plenty of men who do not want children.

And, of course, you can provide companionship, sometimes love, someone to share life with.....all of which have great value.

It's important to cultivate a lot of interests.

Old 11-23-2022, 04:49 AM

58 posts, read 35,471 times
I don’t understand all there is to know about fertility and making babies, I just know I’ve been very good at it in the past! But since you ask, women are much more than baby providers. Some guys just prefer women to talk to. Maybe not 100% of the time but a good bit. And women generally have more patience, they are more mentally prepared for some things than men. Some are extremely smart, some are handy with tools. If a woman is unable to have kids it could be her body or it could be the man. I know some men who have had what I would call a litter of kids, lol, and others who have none. Could it be some are able to make kids easily while others make kids but it takes a few tries? I read sperm donors are only used to age 50, I have no idea why, I would say some guys above 50 could make children very easily but that’s just my opinion. I would say many things affect fertility like how aroused the partners are, how comfortable they feel without clothing on with one another, how open you are about sex, a whole lot of things determine fertility and the ability to have kids. Maybe these things play a part in the survival of the sperm or fertilization of the egg. Some things are unknown because there is no way to study or prove it scientifically. I have often wondered why couples spend thousands of dollars for artificial insemination when there’s many guys that would inseminate the woman for free? Just have to find the right one, but many times in spite of effort made to have a child artificially couples end up not being successful. Could it be because the woman is not turned on? Could that have an affect on her being able to have a child? Maybe? Something to consider!

Old 11-23-2022, 06:37 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Something is really off on someone who asks this question and sees no other value.

Old 11-23-2022, 12:16 PM
bu2

24,070 posts, read 14,863,435 times
Quote:
I just feel like I’m worthless to a man. I’ve been told I’m not suited for long term relationships because there’s no “return” for a man’s investment in me.

I’m just going to give up. Life isn’t worth living when you’re a woman in my position.
Sounds like you are easily jaded.

As someone else said, there is love and companionship.

There are many men who don't want children.

There are men who have children and don't especially want more.

Adoption is also an option for those who do.

Old 11-29-2022, 03:30 PM

17,211 posts, read 57,041,396 times
Quote:
Does a woman who cannot have kids provide any other value to a man in a relationship?

I’m a woman in my early 30s with a genetic condition I don’t want to pass on (50% chance). Why would any sane man want to be with me if I can’t bear him children?
There are child free guys out there who *do not* under any circumstances want children.

When I was younger (20's) and dating, I found out about ladies in their 30's and 40's who had, for whatever reason, had their tubes tied. That's how I became the original "cougar cub"!

You can provide all sorts of positive value to any child free guy.

Old 11-29-2022, 03:53 PM

17,211 posts, read 57,041,396 times
Quote:
I honestly don’t have motherly instincts but I’m told that my only value to a long term relationship is providing children. I’d like to have a long term relationship again. But with this problem combined with me being old (34), it’s looking more and more likely that I’ll spend the rest of my life alone.
Told by who? A hint - quit listening to this idiot!

Old 11-29-2022, 04:21 PM

23,259 posts, read 18,764,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
Told by who? A hint - quit listening to this idiot!
TA! OP, did that idiot also tell you you're old at 34 and doomed to be alone for the rest of your life or did you arrive at that conclusion all by yourself? It's never too late. One of my uncles was single until age 62. Then he met and married the love of his life. A former co-worker was single until she was 44. She's been happily married for over 15 years now. Her spouse had 2 grown kids from a previous marriage. She never really wanted kids. He didn't want more. They've built a great family life for themselves.

Old 11-29-2022, 05:08 PM

44,348 posts, read 20,047,057 times
This thread is closed. It's been cleaned up, deleting a couple dozen off-topic posts, bickering and personal attacks.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-29-2022 at 05:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology