Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 09:07 PM

1,116 posts, read 2,964,089 times

Advertisements

B*tchy...when I'm assertive
Entitled...when I demand equal pay
Sl*t....when I know what I want
Floozy...because I actually get it
A nice piece of *ss...when I dress nicely
"Shorty"....because I don't find that demeaning at all

You know, the stuff all women whine unnecessarily about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2009, 09:51 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,548,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardW View Post
Got to agree with this, (though it is loser, not looser). People who take offense to something you say on the forum in particular, who have no idea about you what so ever but feel they can pass off a psychoanalysis of you based on their uninformed opinion. How can someone call anyone a loser? By what standards? If one does what they enjoy in life and is happy that is all that matters. You're only a "loser" if you think you are one! I don't care what anybody thinks though thankfully!
Mmmmm, I have to disgree. There are losers out there. If doing what they enjoy in life means causing harm to themselves or others, they're losers. JMHO.

I agree with you on total strangers on the other side of an internet connection presuming to define you based on their own limited thinking. Though, you can get a pretty clear picture of what kind of people they are. Funny how that works.

Old 07-07-2009, 10:24 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,058,817 times
The c word and the n word are the worst in my book! Both words make me cringe when I hear anyone say them!

Old 07-08-2009, 12:31 AM

985 posts, read 2,601,322 times
There are no words that offent me, people can call me whatever they want. I've been called a ton of racial slurs, it's marginally annoying but I don't get upset about. I rarely call someone a derogatory name, but once and a while I might think it LOL. I don't feel bad about just thinking it, I can think whatever I please. The worst thing I've ever actually called someone was a f'in redneck and, frankly, they deserved it.

PassTheChocolate: Almost anything people do can cause harm to themselves or others. Driving a car, for instance. If I'm a loser for doing dangerous things then so are most people. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean..........

Last edited by Kaye02; 07-08-2009 at 01:05 AM.. Reason: Err I misunderstood the OP's question LOL

Old 07-08-2009, 03:28 AM

3,282 posts, read 5,202,872 times
I hate when people use the word "gay" as a pejorative. Or even the word for cigarette as an insult. It just reeks of immaturity. I don't think I've ever seen a semi-intelligent human being do this.

But I genuinely believe that there are some people who behave in a way that invites(and legitimises) constructive verbal honesty.

Old 07-08-2009, 03:40 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,875,069 times
-"Egghead" : I see too much of them at work
-"Airhead" : I see too much of them everywhere I go
- "*****" : unfortunately synonym with "woman" nowadays
- "son of a B..." their number seems to grow exponentially lately
- "ignorant":
-"stupid":
-"vulgar":

No comment.

Old 07-08-2009, 05:12 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,338,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tia 914 View Post
*******?

Nope!

Old 07-08-2009, 07:58 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
The worst thing to call someone is something that cuts deep. You would have to know them on a personal level to really get under their skin. To me that's fighting dirty though. Aside from that, typical name calling shouldn't get your feathers too ruffled unless they are referring to an outwardly obvious trait of yours, like calling an obese person a fat slob or something to that degree. The best way to handle verbal insults is to diffuse the word with wit and humor, it renders the offender powerless and makes them look petty and foolish.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:04 AM

2,043 posts, read 5,053,824 times
Nothing really offends me but I do know, from experience, that men DO NOT LIKE TO BE CALLED the "B" word.......I've called several of my EX's that, during heated arguments, and let's just say, it usually didn't end well...

Old 07-08-2009, 08:07 AM
ECG

42,606 posts, read 2,746,310 times
Inmature....That usually gets in their nerve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology