Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 03:30 PM

3,979 posts, read 10,555,950 times

Advertisements

US News & World Report names Port Charlotte as the "Best Place for Affordable Housing" on its "10 Best Places to Retire in 2012" list.
Click the image to view larger.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Charlotte County.JPG
Views:	2317
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	87628
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2011, 03:49 PM

535 posts, read 1,032,693 times
Oh! Thats why I like it so much

Old 11-25-2011, 09:33 AM

378 posts, read 830,627 times
If you go to the site, you'll see that Charlotte County wasn't on the best places to retire list. It is #9 on the list for having affordable housing. It's claim to fame is that homes are cheaper in CC than just about anywhere else in the US because the prices dropped farther. The article also says "essentially" everybody on a canal has access to the Gulf of Mexico, which is false. Nice attempt to pump up sales by an agent but check the facts. The articles are hereBest Places to Retire - US News Business

Old 11-25-2011, 09:47 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,932,345 times
Oh please! These lists are up to the writers opinion. Obviously, you should come down, check things out and make your own decision on if this is the right area for you or not.

Someone could make the same assumption about you. You're bashing every area you can find in Florida in an attempt to sell your "Chicken Little the Sky is Falling book". The red tide, the market is awful, etc.....but if you buy my book I can give you the "secret WARNINGS about FL". Nice attepmt to sell your book on every forum on City-Data. Guess you're an authority on the area?? Pot calling the kettle black, no? Just curious, how long have you lived in the area? How long has your extended family lived here?

Grow up!

Old 11-25-2011, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfbroker View Post
If you go to the site, you'll see that Charlotte County wasn't on the best places to retire list. It is #9 on the list for having affordable housing. It's claim to fame is that homes are cheaper in CC than just about anywhere else in the US because the prices dropped farther. The article also says "essentially" everybody on a canal has access to the Gulf of Mexico, which is false. Nice attempt to pump up sales by an agent but check the facts. The articles are hereBest Places to Retire - US News Business

This information was taken from the PG-PC-NP Association of Realtors: http://pgpcnprealtors.com/?p=688

Link to article: Port Charlotte, Fla.: 10 Places to Buy a Retirement Home for Under $100,000 - US News & World Report

Old 11-25-2011, 10:50 AM

378 posts, read 830,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
Oh please! These lists are up to the writers opinion. Obviously, you should come down, check things out and make your own decision on if this is the right area for you or not.

Someone could make the same assumption about you. You're bashing every area you can find in Florida in an attempt to sell your "Chicken Little the Sky is Falling book". The red tide, the market is awful, etc.....but if you buy my book I can give you the "secret WARNINGS about FL". Nice attempt to sell your book on every forum on City-Data. Guess you're an authority on the area?? Pot calling the kettle black, no? Just curious, how long have you lived in the area? How long has your extended family lived here?

Grow up!
I never mentioned any book in any of these posts. You referenced an article, didn't post a link to it and made up an image to go along with it that . I was familiar with the article and posted a link to it so people who were interested could read it could read the article you referenced. Sorry that upset you so much.

The difference between this forum and advertising is that people can put anything they want in an ad they pay for, true or otherwise. In this forum, people can post opinions that may differ from our own. The forum is for ideas that may help people, not personal information.

Last edited by alfbroker; 11-25-2011 at 10:52 AM.. Reason: spelling, clarity

Old 11-25-2011, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfbroker View Post
I never mentioned any book in any of these posts. You referenced an article, didn't post a link to it and made up an image to go along with it that . I was familiar with the article and posted a link to it so people who were interested could read it could read the article you referenced. Sorry that upset you so much.

The difference between this forum and advertising is that people can put anything they want in an ad they pay for, true or otherwise. In this forum, people can post opinions that may differ from our own. The forum is for ideas that may help people, not personal information.
That's correct but on many occasions when TammyRE has posted her opinions you follow it up with personal attacks. Just because you don't like a certain area is not a reason to attack another poster. I suppose you're not done with getting your rude posts deleted. Getting a bit tired of seeing this...

I love to hear different opinions about all areas-whether good or bad, just not the rude comments to go along with it.

By the way, it wasn't me who posted the article it was TammyRE.

Old 11-25-2011, 01:49 PM

I did not create the ad. It came from the PG-PC-NP Association of Realtors newsletter (see below). I personally live in Port Charlotte and love it. I know many others love it here too. Why wouldn't I want to promote the area that I live in? I am not promoting myself, I am promoting the city. And isn't that what city-data is for, information on cities?

Get the Word Out, Best Place to Retire!

US News & World Report names Port Charlotte as the "Best Place for Affordable Housing" on its "10 Best Places to Retire in 2012" list.

Coldwell Banker Sunstar has created an "unbranded" marketing piece and in the interest of helping our entire community, they have made this available to all of our members for FREE. You can click on the picture above to download the file. Please feel free to share on your website, print marketing, social media and emails. This piece is appropriate for our REALTORS and Business Partner Members. Our community has a great opportunity, please take advantage of it today!

Old 11-25-2011, 08:06 PM

378 posts, read 629,906 times
Wow! Don't think I have ever seem our SoFLGal go off like a fire cracker before. You go Girl!
Quite agree with TamRe, and you, that spreading a little positive news on the forum is a good thing.
Obviously a lot of people like the idea of moving to Port Charlotte; witness the steadily diminishing house inventory. Personally the fact that I could spend Thanksgiving at the beach in 78 degrees of sunshine and a lovely breeze is enough to make me smile for a long time.

Old 11-25-2011, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsky View Post
Wow! Don't think I have ever seem our SoFLGal go off like a fire cracker before. You go Girl!
Quite agree with TamRe, and you, that spreading a little positive news on the forum is a good thing.
Obviously a lot of people like the idea of moving to Port Charlotte; witness the steadily diminishing house inventory. Personally the fact that I could spend Thanksgiving at the beach in 78 degrees of sunshine and a lovely breeze is enough to make me smile for a long time.

Usually I'm pretty mellow. If you look back in my previous posts you'll see about once a year someone just sets me off. I figure it's getting pretty close to the end of the year and I hadn't used my "jerk card" yet so it was about time.

No, seriously, the guy does make some good points on occasion but I just felt this was way off base. And to attack her and basically call her a liar for speaking positively about a town she lives in is just uncalled for. Just my silly little opinion. I'm over myself now...carry on
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte