Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 01:50 PM

3,930 posts, read 6,444,863 times

Advertisements

Yep. Same with a vertical support to secure the garage door in case of hurricane. That is on my list of stuff to do.

I was taking with folks and they said an inwards opening door was acceptable with a 7' covered entry. Don't know if that is a fact, but I have noticed that homes with inwards opening doors routinely have sizable front porches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2014, 01:34 PM
CTC

668 posts, read 1,466,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
You're not alone. My house was built around 1978 and has an inward-opening front door. I'm not sure when they changed the code to have the doors open outward. I've heard that you can't even buy an inward-opening door at H.D. or Lowes unless it's special order.
We have a house in NP built in 1979. The original door opened outward. We had a new door and screen installed by Door Depot (very good company BTW) It was permitted etc. Door opens inward (wife did not like the outward opening door) screen opens outward. Inspection done by the City of NP after door was installed. I do not think an inward door is against code or it would not have passed inspection.

We don't have a front porch to speak of
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte