Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 10:04 AM

23 posts, read 47,082 times

Advertisements

I currently own a lot in PGI and would like to hear from the forum opinions of who is the best builder in PGI. Looking to build soon. thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2015, 10:17 AM

2,609 posts, read 2,832,601 times
That is kind of a loaded question as people have differing opinions on what they like. We just had our home built and I am extremely happy with our builder. Mr Sunshine here on the forum seems to make his customers extremely happy as well from what I have heard.
Maybe explain a little of what you are looking for and you will find the best builder for your particular project
Best of luck Don

Old 04-07-2015, 10:23 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,950,539 times
My choices would be, in order:

Mr Sunshine--Vantage Homes: http://www.vantagehomes.net/
Tim Towles: http://www.towlescorp.com/
Fero: http://feroconstruction.com/contactUs.htm
I guess it depends on your budget and personal style as well. Then there's best bang for your buck, most affordable, etc. There are also builders who I don't recommend but I wont list them here.

One of my biggest pet peeves is a plastic bathfitter in the bathroom. Ugh, just don't like them. You can tell a lot about a builder by looking at the things that you see, as well as the things that the average person doesn't look at when walking through a home like insulation rating, manabloc plumbing, shingles, base board height and many other things.

Last edited by SoFLGal; 04-07-2015 at 10:55 AM..

Old 04-07-2015, 05:00 PM

3,979 posts, read 10,567,335 times
I hear good and bad with most of the builders in the area. Depends who you talk to. I would recommend selecting a few. Meet with them in person or over the phone. Get a feel for if they are going to meet your needs. If you want custom, be sure they are a custom builder. Then ask for references. Call the references. Maybe even ask to see a few homes that they have completed and homes that are in the process of being built. Then you can see the workmanship at different stages. Some builders are really backed up right now while others only build a few a year. Look at the quality of workmanship and find out who is the person you will be communicating with throughout the process. Talk to that person. I have found some doozies who really don't communicate well and to me, that is not a good thing.

Old 04-08-2015, 01:03 PM

3,645 posts, read 7,163,039 times
As always I am grateful and humbled by the kind words. someone told me the other day they met a builder who claimed to be the biggest AND the best. Well I never want to be the biggest and I believe only your customers can decide if you are the best.

Tamre is spot on, communication is the key. we ensure every email or enquiry is answered within an hour or two, even at the weekend.

I like to think we do things right as we now have 13 orders for homes .......happy but busy me :-)

Old 04-08-2015, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr&mrssunshine View Post
As always I am grateful and humbled by the kind words. someone told me the other day they met a builder who claimed to be the biggest AND the best. Well I never want to be the biggest and I believe only your customers can decide if you are the best.

Tamre is spot on, communication is the key. we ensure every email or enquiry is answered within an hour or two, even at the weekend.

I like to think we do things right as we now have 13 orders for homes .......happy but busy me :-)

Old 04-08-2015, 04:56 PM

Thanks for all the advice. I am looking for a custom home around 2500 sq ft, hopefully a 3 car garage and a pool. I have looked at models. Impressed with west coast builders and aurther rutenberg homes. I will reach out to Mr Sunshine as well.

Old 04-08-2015, 08:36 PM

Exactly why questions were asked! West Coast and Rutenburg are totally different builders!

Old 04-09-2015, 06:05 AM

Why are they different?

Old 04-09-2015, 01:12 PM

747 posts, read 1,014,674 times
I'm gonna guess because they're a big construction firm that does houses nationwide, has standardized house plans, and subcontracts with local workers?

I'm surprised, frankly, that there are not more custom homes in PG.

Every time I hear the phrase, "Cayo Costa model," I think of National Lampoon's "European Vacation."

"Hey look kids, there's Big Ben, and there's Parliament... again."

Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte