Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If you were on the school board, would you replace Superintendent Tony Tata?
Yes, I would replace him. 4 6.15%
No, I would not replace him. 61 93.85%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 05:38 AM

109 posts, read 105,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
Now that there is a liberal majority on the Wake County School Board, do you think the school board should replace Superintendent Tony Tata?

If you were a member of the board, would you?
The consensus has been that politics should not play a role on the board. If Mr Tata was fired because there will be a liberal majority, that would be politics. Are you suggesting politics should play a role now?

Mr Tata is well respected by the board members. He was a calming force to the extreme rhetoric from both sides. He was a key player in developing the new plan that has widespread support.

It would seem Mr Tata has been extremely successful and proved his critics wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 06:09 AM

22,671 posts, read 36,810,996 times
Yeah he only came in and in less than a year put a plan in place that most people can live with. He needs to go!

There will ALWAYS be people who aren't happy with their school assignment - no way can you make 100% of the residents of Wake County happy when it comes to schools. They seem to have come pretty close with this plan, and there were plenty of people who couldn't be bothered registering their opinion - no doubt they will be the biggest complainers.

Old 11-09-2011, 06:22 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,157,625 times
Aside from the fact that he hasn't even had a chance to work this new board, we just had to spend tens of thousands of dollars buying out the contract of the last superintendent. I don't want our board wasting money doing that again.

Old 11-09-2011, 06:58 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,944,947 times
I'm kind of baffled as to why this question is being asked. What reasons are being proffered for firing Mr. Tata?

Old 11-09-2011, 07:31 AM

875 posts, read 1,162,834 times
Quote:
What reasons are being proffered for firing Mr. Tata?
The new liberal majority has their power back and wants to flex it. Mr. Tata stands in the way.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:36 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,252,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
I'm kind of baffled as to why this question is being asked. What reasons are being proffered for firing Mr. Tata?
A useless question to stir up people?

Old 11-09-2011, 08:20 AM

182 posts, read 386,565 times
the former board inadvertantly did one thing rith and that was hiring Tata after they ran Burns off. he's obviously extremely competent and seems to go way above and beyond to include and communicate with all parties on issues. I think he also managed to minimize the damage the previous board was tryign to cause without their realizing it. he's a smart guy

Old 11-09-2011, 08:40 AM

3,644 posts, read 8,582,663 times
Quote:
Now that there is a liberal majority on the Wake County School Board, do you think the school board should replace Superintendent Tony Tata?
Just because one deems their self as a democrat doesn't mean they're liberal.

Obviously the liberals will want Tata removed. Tata has a military background (wasn't he a General?). In the military you are given orders and expected to follow them. Liberals could never stand for that because they think they're always right and there is no other way.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 11-09-2011 at 09:33 AM.. Reason: Deleted inappropriate comment

Old 11-09-2011, 09:08 AM

1,832 posts, read 5,091,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamishra View Post
I don't actually think the majority is really that liberal and don't see why they would fire him right now. They call the shots and make the policies, he needs to implement it. That's his job. If he can't do his job, then replacing him is a valid option, but they at least need to spend some time together before coming to such decisions.
Lamishra, I always try to rep you but need to spread the love around a little. I see no need to fire someone who hasn't had a chance to prove himself, really, just because the previous majority hired him.

Old 11-09-2011, 09:09 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,174,498 times
The previous board didn't fire their superintendent. They just made it so unbearable for him that he quit. I didn't vote in this poll.

I have been casually watching Tata since he started and it appears to me that he's been behaving in a way that hedges his bets as to the future direction of the school board. In the end, he's former military. He's trained to follow orders. It will be interesting to see if any tension arrises between him and the new board.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary