Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 05:57 PM

527 posts, read 687,381 times

Advertisements

I think I figured out the trick. Stopped by both HTs on Oberlin in the last two days (for those of us who live closer to downtown Raleigh)...the one on Oberlin in Cameron Village? You're probably never going to get good service.

The mini HT on the corner of Oberlin and Glenwood, you will get decent service depending on the time of day. The times I've gone midday, service has been less than stellar. But I just went now on the way home for something, and everything was great....I guess it depends on who's shift you're visiting on? As a side note, I'm still very very impressed by the customer service at the Whole Foods and most HTs I've visited.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2012, 06:14 PM

441 posts, read 1,292,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
My parents hate the one at Cary Park (closest to them)...my mom thinks it's because it's the newest they get the bottom of the barrel for everything.

I haven't had any issues with the one on Davis and High House, but I usually don't buy a lot there (only things on special) and I do self checkout. Having someone bag my groceries makes me twitchy, but I'm still getting used to the change from NY, where you are lucky if the CASHIER bags your order without major eye-rolling!
And your can of pea's is now part of your bread - what I don't miss about shopping at Walbaums

Old 02-15-2012, 06:29 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,773,997 times
You know it's funny; some stores you go into and you and just feel dirty and want to leave ASAP ( K-Mart on US1; Food Lion on Falls of Neuse) and then some stores you just feel good when you walk in the door ( most Harris-Teeters/ Whole Foods/Trader Joe's) ..... I really don't know what it is but there is something there beyond price.

Old 02-15-2012, 06:31 PM

527 posts, read 687,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitroad View Post
You know it's funny; some stores you go into and you and just feel dirty and want to leave ASAP ( K-Mart on US1; Food Lion on Falls of Neuse) and then some stores you just feel good when you walk in the door ( most Harris-Teeters/ Whole Foods/Trader Joe's) ..... I really don't know what it is but there is something there beyond price.
I think lighting and cleanliness is a lot of it...Whole Foods, HT usually, Trader Joes, always clean and bright.

Food Lion and K-Mart? Florescent lighting that makes everyone look sick and washed out...it includes the food, the floor, etc.

Old 02-15-2012, 07:55 PM

1,022 posts, read 1,256,762 times
I love HT on Tryon Rd at Walnut but, unfortunately, we moved and now it's too far. Now we go to HT on Ten Ten Rd (Kildaire Farm) and it's a smaller store but the service has always been good. Although we don't go there all the time, mostly just for specialty or sale items - it is very pricey.

There is a new Food Lion on Ten Ten Rd and Holly Springs and it's a much nicer store than the rest of the chain, but service is spotty. I usually send my husband there.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:01 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,162,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caarmour View Post
I think lighting and cleanliness is a lot of it...Whole Foods, HT usually, Trader Joes, always clean and bright.

Food Lion and K-Mart? Florescent lighting that makes everyone look sick and washed out...it includes the food, the floor, etc.
I do think it's funny that the Food Lion closest to me has been running ad naseum on their speakers about how they have "New wider aisles! Cleaner displays! Better lighting!" I mean yeah, it does look a bit better, but it still doesn't have as nice produce as HT or as good of a selection on items like dairy. Food Lion is good though when you're just buying basic staples or need some Hispanic or Southern food items.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:00 PM

600 posts, read 3,450,667 times
I have been singing the praises of the HT on the corner of Maynard Rd. and Harrison Ave. since it opened. Their people have always been helpful and courteous, the store is clean, and I don't shop anywhere else.

Okay....Occasionally, I stop at other stores, including all the HT stores that have been mentioned in this thread, but not for a large shopping trip anymore. I've lived in the Triangle for 30 years now, and the one I mentioned above is truly a cut above all the rest.

Regards,
Streamer1212

Old 02-16-2012, 12:37 PM

826 posts, read 1,934,202 times
Started going to the CV HT for convenience but got little customer service until I went to the Duraleigh/Edwards Mill and North Hills HT's. Great service at those - especially with a kid in tow, I.e. offers to take the groceries to my car, balloons for the kid.. Maybe we should make a fuss!

Old 02-16-2012, 12:38 PM

43 posts, read 112,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caarmour View Post
I think I figured out the trick. Stopped by both HTs on Oberlin in the last two days (for those of us who live closer to downtown Raleigh)...the one on Oberlin in Cameron Village? You're probably never going to get good service.

The mini HT on the corner of Oberlin and Glenwood, you will get decent service depending on the time of day. The times I've gone midday, service has been less than stellar. But I just went now on the way home for something, and everything was great....I guess it depends on who's shift you're visiting on? As a side note, I'm still very very impressed by the customer service at the Whole Foods and most HTs I've visited.

I've gotta give a shout out to my local teeter! i'm in the cameron village teeter about 10 times a week. i do know a lot of the staff by now, and yes i'll agree the service can vary, a lot of the checkers/baggers and part timers are students and some love their job and some don't. I believe that its one of the busiest HT's in the chain and so they are always slammed too. it's also the only store for miles around other than whole food or fresh market, so everyone in the area shops there which i like, i enjoy seeing the diversity of people in there.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:08 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,231,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streamer1212 View Post
I have been singing the praises of the HT on the corner of Maynard Rd. and Harrison Ave. since it opened. Their people have always been helpful and courteous, the store is clean, and I don't shop anywhere else.

Okay....Occasionally, I stop at other stores, including all the HT stores that have been mentioned in this thread, but not for a large shopping trip anymore. I've lived in the Triangle for 30 years now, and the one I mentioned above is truly a cut above all the rest.

Regards,
Streamer1212
That's my old HT and I do miss that location
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary