Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 07:29 AM

71 posts, read 148,562 times

Advertisements

I thought I would start a new thread on this rather than continuing the discussion under the WalMart Neighborhood Market thread. I peeked in the window into the West Park Tavern the other day when returning a movie at Blockbuster. Wow! They must have put a lot of money into the renovation. It looks amazing! I'm looking forward to trying it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2012, 08:44 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,831,411 times
Any idea who opened it up? I remember there was a thread here posted by someone interested in opening a restaurant/pub in that part of Cary.

Old 04-12-2012, 05:34 AM

22,686 posts, read 36,856,332 times
It was this guy:

West Park Place -- Highway 55 & High House Road

Can't wait to try this place!

Old 04-12-2012, 05:45 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,831,411 times
Awesome! That was the guy I was thinking of. I'm glad he listened to our advice. This place is much needed for those on the western side of 55!

Old 04-12-2012, 05:47 PM

43,359 posts, read 77,240,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
It was this guy:

West Park Place -- Highway 55 & High House Road

Can't wait to try this place!
Well, I sincerely hope he proves me completely wrong, i.e., my thoughts in that prior thread.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:53 PM

71 posts, read 148,562 times
People just need to know it's there. If it gets good word of mouth I think it will do great! I hope the food will be as awesome as the decor! I asked around and I think it is being opened by a local guy who has lived here awhile and owns other local eateries, so it doesn't sound like the OP on that other thread. I guess we'll find out soon. I love seeing locally owned small businesses opening up. Now we need to support them to keep them around!!

Old 06-13-2012, 03:03 PM

455 posts, read 919,738 times
They opened this week, FYI. Haven't checked it out yet. Was hoping a menu would get posted but haven't seen one yet.

Old 06-13-2012, 05:35 PM

455 posts, read 919,738 times
Ended up going tonight around 5:30 and there was a decent sized crowd. Food was alright, but a bit overpriced for my tastes. Everyone was very nice, but our waitress couldn't answer a couple simple questions about the menu, which was disappointing. Not sure if they didn't run down the menu with their wait staff or if she just forgot it. I'm sure it's just first week kinks though.

Old 06-13-2012, 06:00 PM

109 posts, read 343,457 times
We went as well. I really liked the atmosphere and our server did pretty good job answering questions. I would give an A for effort too. Have to say I was pretty impressed with how smooth it went with having just opened.

I thought the food was pretty good and I really liked that they had a wide variety of items on the menu. Prices seemed in line (maybe even some a little bit lower on a few dishes) than other decent Tavern type places in the area-Spirits, Tyler's, Tribeca. Apps and salads were good.

Really, really thrilled to have this place open in this part of town. I'm glad they went a bit upscale with the pub atmosphere/food selection here. Personally, I'm very glad it is not just another pizza/grinders/wings place. Don't get me wrong - I like good pizza - but it is nice to have more options and I am especially glad to be supporting a place that is locally owned.

I can see going to there for dinner with the family --and also just for apps/drinks with friends
I heard they are going to have live music and things like trivia night. Can't wait!

Old 06-13-2012, 08:08 PM

1,155 posts, read 2,239,453 times
It's a really nice space. The service was very friendly. I thought the menu and prices were totally fine. I do think the execution on some of the items is off. I hope this is something they can improve. I give it high marks as a bar for now and I would say the preparation of the food is not near the standard of Tylers or TriBeCa, but it's new so will give them a few attempts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary