Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 07:51 AM

748 posts, read 1,377,073 times

Advertisements

I am placing my first order with Zenni but the issue is now the PD. When I called the doctors office where I had my eye exam, they said the doctor does not measure the PD when he does the eye exam. Frankly I find that hard to believe but she did offer for me to go back down there and she would be able to measure my PD for me. Yeah...its inconvenient but I am thinking I better do this to make sure the order is correct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2012, 07:56 AM

4,478 posts, read 11,627,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quietstormnc View Post
I am placing my first order with Zenni but the issue is now the PD. When I called the doctors office where I had my eye exam, they said the doctor does not measure the PD when he does the eye exam. Frankly I find that hard to believe but she did offer for me to go back down there and she would be able to measure my PD for me. Yeah...its inconvenient but I am thinking I better do this to make sure the order is correct.
My eye doctor didn't measure my PD (or it wasn't on my prescription anyhow), but Costco did when I ordered glasses. It's on the receipt I got, so I could technically order something from Zenni.

A question though - how do you get the glasses to fit you after they come? When I get new glasses the optician always has to do quite a few adjustments to get them to fit properly.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:42 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,105,628 times
Costco always did the PD for me, but last time, he refused. Apparently, the association of eye doctors or whatever (maybe the board?) is pushing them not to, because of course, the ones who sell glasses lose money if we all buy Zenni glasses.

You only need to take the PD measurement once; it doesn't change.

You can print out a Pupillary Distance ruler from the Internet; you have to make sure the printer prints it correctly. I can't remember what adjustment or whatever you might have to do to make sure that happens. I think it says how to do it on the Internet.

I would recommend that you carefully print out the ruler and have someone else measure the distance between your pupils. It gets a little crazy doing it yourself. OR just use a metric ruler. A PD is usually between 57 and 65 mm.

Also be sure you have all the numbers, pluses, and minuses correctly typed in when submitting your prescription.
I've had at least 12 progressive glasses from Zenni, and they are all great -- and inexpensive. The price is low, and the selection is huge.

My husband has never had any luck with Zenni. He gets headaches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary