Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 02:35 PM

460 posts, read 1,770,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch123 View Post
Susanduke

Can you resend the PM. All I got was a blank PM.

They just updated the views on Google Earth and MaidaVale looks great with the new updated info. You can see the roadways laid out with very detailed traffic circles and some of the 500 trees already planted. I could even see the wall that borders Ephusus Church Road.
The landscaping plans for Maida Vale are simply stunning. It's going to be a paradise when it's done.

You'll have culture shock once you get outside the gates, but inside? Lovely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2007, 06:21 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,760,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurl View Post
The landscaping plans for Maida Vale are simply stunning. It's going to be a paradise when it's done.

You'll have culture shock once you get outside the gates, but inside? Lovely.

Hey! Come on! The elementary school next door was very nicely done. And it's only 3 years old. And the subdivision across the street a bit is nice... forgot the name but it's new. I think those homes are in the 400K ish range. It's cookie cutter but well kept. Buy yes the trailers across from MV would be a turn off for me. But lets face it... they will probably be gentrified in the next 5-10 years.

Old 11-01-2007, 10:22 PM

354 posts, read 1,218,363 times
Where are the trailers? Can you be a bit more specific about their location. Which road are they on? I couldn't spot them when I checked the area on Google earth.

Thanks

Old 11-02-2007, 09:25 AM

460 posts, read 1,770,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch123 View Post
Where are the trailers? Can you be a bit more specific about their location. Which road are they on? I couldn't spot them when I checked the area on Google earth.
I found MV by accident while out driving one day, so I can't really help.

Another neighborhood with an 'interesting' stretch of road approaching the neighborhood is the Hills of Rosemont....

Old 11-03-2007, 07:40 PM

7 posts, read 15,003 times
I looked at everything that was for sale in Governor's Club for about a year before I moved here. I think it's a gorgeous developement. The landscaping is so great and the views are so pretty. One of the main reasons we decided against buying in there is because of the long drive in. At the time we were looking 2 of the homes that were for sale were people that were moving just closer to the main gate. It got us to thinking about how after a few months the drive might get real old for us. I still think it's a beautiful place to live, though, and if I wasn't driving into Raleigh and Durham a lot I would probably live there.

Old 11-04-2007, 07:20 AM

354 posts, read 1,218,363 times
Yeah, I am going to be driving to Governor's Club today. And I am not looking to the 50 min drive, with no traffic, from my hotel.

At least its a beautiful day for the drive and to be outside.

Checked out Renaissance at Regency and I am disappointed to report that the noise levels from US1 at the Manors was unbearable. Tho the setting of some of the lots was fabulous and the whole area was way better than Greyhawk Landing and Stanton Place. Also found out that it looks like Greyhawk Landing is in Apex but is advertised as being in Cary. Not that it would have made any difference.

Old 01-18-2009, 11:19 AM

4 posts, read 17,740 times
Trailers still up at North Chatham elementary, but it is improving drastically - With the new tax revenues in the area, it will one day be a school to rival orange county's in K-5. Northwoods High School, although a good place, will never be as good as the CH high schools. Since they are some of the best in the country, that is pretty much unattainable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary