Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 06:26 AM

2,464 posts, read 4,168,478 times

Advertisements

^They published more of the lawyers lies as well. In that article the lawyer claims nobody was selling tickets to those parties...and yet, a quick Google search proves otherwise, with a flyer advertising the party that says an email with the address will be dispatched once the tickets are paid for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2013, 07:26 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,158,985 times
Maybe the lawyer is hoping the state legislature has cut all funding for internet access in the prosecutor's office.

Old 06-20-2013, 07:43 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,280,152 times
Yanno, what I find fascinating is how many people have commented on the stories I have read about this party mansion, and seem not to care. They make fun of the neighbors for being upset.

It's a bit of reverse snobbery, being so uncaring toward the neighbors just because they live in million-dollar houses. Does ANY homeowner want to live in a residential neighborhood where illegal parties and major disruption occur on a regular basis?

Odd.

Old 06-20-2013, 08:59 AM

2,464 posts, read 4,168,478 times
I wouldn't like it, $150,000 or $1,500,000 neighborhood. And I doubt most sane people would either. I'm sure there are some who'd think it's fun, but the average mortgage paying home owner doesn't want rap videos being shot next door, and 200 cars parked up and down the street. People generally buy those large exclusive homes to get away from the nonsense.

Imagine buying a nice large home in an exclusive neighborhood, and then a month later, some new young rock band buys the house next door, and parties 24/7. It might seem cool for about a week....then you'd be calling he cops!

Old 06-20-2013, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigKahunaNC View Post
I wouldn't like it, $150,000 or $1,500,000 neighborhood. And I doubt most sane people would either. I'm sure there are some who'd think it's fun, but the average mortgage paying home owner doesn't want rap videos being shot next door, and 200 cars parked up and down the street. People generally buy those large exclusive homes to get away from the nonsense.

Imagine buying a nice large home in an exclusive neighborhood, and then a month later, some new young rock band buys the house next door, and parties 24/7. It might seem cool for about a week....then you'd be calling he cops!
Exactly! I wouldn't care if U2 wanted to hold house parties there. If they were loud, crowded, full of people carrying weapons and doing drugs? Highly inappropriate for a residential neighborhood.

Old 06-20-2013, 09:55 AM

881 posts, read 2,254,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Yanno, what I find fascinating is how many people have commented on the stories I have read about this party mansion, and seem not to care. They make fun of the neighbors for being upset.

It's a bit of reverse snobbery, being so uncaring toward the neighbors just because they live in million-dollar houses. Does ANY homeowner want to live in a residential neighborhood where illegal parties and major disruption occur on a regular basis?

Odd.
The attitude in general is more common than you think. I recently completed a humanities class at a local community college where many of the students, most who were non-traditional, seemed to have a weird attitude towards the wealthy. Some of their comments were truly baffling.

Old 06-20-2013, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsualum2004 View Post
The attitude in general is more common than you think. I recently completed a humanities class at a local community college where many of the students, most who were non-traditional, seemed to have a weird attitude towards the wealthy. Some of their comments were truly baffling.
I believe it.

Why are they not just thinking "basic human decency"?

I think they would be amazed that it takes more than owning a house that costs a mil or so to qualify a person as a 1%-er.

And, even if they are? The laws still protect them.

Old 06-20-2013, 10:32 AM

2,492 posts, read 3,032,596 times
Wral had this story up days ago maybe the ones that did not see it are the ones late to this story.

Old 06-20-2013, 10:41 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,948,444 times
I haven't read this whole thread, and I'm certainly not anti-HOA, but I do have to wonder why this situation takes HOA enforcement. Shouldn't local government be stepping in?

Old 06-20-2013, 10:42 AM

6,297 posts, read 16,101,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
I haven't read this whole thread, and I'm certainly not anti-HOA, but I do have to wonder why this situation takes HOA enforcement. Shouldn't local government be stepping in?
Absolutely, positively, no doubt about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary