Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2016, 07:55 AM

2,679 posts, read 2,898,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanti1 View Post
I dont know tbh. Everyone around here says Harrington Grove is nice and close so my son could stay in his school. Then my husband has some accounts down near Fuquay and Garner so we could move south. I really dont know what to do. There is not a lot keeping us up here. We do not have greenways close to our house to jump on. The outdoor sports leagues for children fill up so fast because theres not enough up here.
There is no sense of community at all around here. Maybe I am just crabby from the Fed ex plane shaking my bed at 5:15am when it flies over.
The adventurous part of me wants to try some place else, then the reasonable parent side of me says just stay here for my sons school and the few friends we have made.
The community feel is important, tho. And it's tough to gauge ahead of time whether there is a strong sense of community before moving in unless you know people living in the location... You can can try to to chat up neighbors if you have time amid all the rigors of closing on a house. And you can post on sites like CD... but you never can really know ahead of time. Hope y'all find a suitable location!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2016, 10:00 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
Harrington Grove is a very desirable neighborhood (in North Raleigh) since it is close to 540, shopping and Leesville Road Schools.

However, the planes do come in LOW. I've had many clients buy in the neighborhood and love it but we did go out when the planes were coming in so they could see if the noise bothered them. Obviously, in their minds, the good outweighed the bad. Just something you need to know if you are considering the neighborhoods in that area (Woodlawn, Dominion Park, etc.).

Old 04-14-2016, 12:22 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,613,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Harrington Grove is a very desirable neighborhood (in North Raleigh) since it is close to 540, shopping and Leesville Road Schools.

However, the planes do come in LOW. I've had many clients buy in the neighborhood and love it but we did go out when the planes were coming in so they could see if the noise bothered them. Obviously, in their minds, the good outweighed the bad. Just something you need to know if you are considering the neighborhoods in that area (Woodlawn, Dominion Park, etc.).
We currently live in Woodlawn directly on the flight path. At least once a week the Fed Ex carrier plane comes over at 5:15am. Last week it made our kind size bed shake (upstairs bedroom, which I loathe).
I dont know what to do or where to go from here. Only appeal of where we are is that our sons school is a 10 and we are close enough to school that he has a short bus journey. Other than that there is nothing appealing to me. Renting limits your options.

Old 04-14-2016, 03:18 PM

8,159 posts, read 10,918,550 times
I slept on a Paula Dean the last four nights. Nice!

Old 04-14-2016, 03:26 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,409,287 times
Going to be some late nights. Kings game 1 of playoffs at 10:30, I'll order some DeMo's pizza and have some beers, then get 4 hours of sleep and go to work. Who wants to come over?

Old 04-15-2016, 09:07 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanti1 View Post
We currently live in Woodlawn directly on the flight path. At least once a week the Fed Ex carrier plane comes over at 5:15am. Last week it made our kind size bed shake (upstairs bedroom, which I loathe).
I dont know what to do or where to go from here. Only appeal of where we are is that our sons school is a 10 and we are close enough to school that he has a short bus journey. Other than that there is nothing appealing to me. Renting limits your options.
Yes, along with our low housing inventory to buy, I'm also hearing that rentals are hard to come by and are going up in price, as well.

You'll have to decide if the school is enough to keep you there or if it is time to move. North Raleigh is very pricey.

If you can move out a bit, you'll find Wake Forest and Holly Springs are a bit lower in price and still have really good schools.

Best of luck!

Old 04-15-2016, 02:27 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,613,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Yes, along with our low housing inventory to buy, I'm also hearing that rentals are hard to come by and are going up in price, as well.

You'll have to decide if the school is enough to keep you there or if it is time to move. North Raleigh is very pricey.

If you can move out a bit, you'll find Wake Forest and Holly Springs are a bit lower in price and still have really good schools.

Best of luck!
Thank you!

Old 04-15-2016, 06:16 PM

2,110 posts, read 2,723,610 times
The Cub Cadet mowers of today are nothing but 100% total crap! I feel for anyone else that has one...

Old 04-15-2016, 06:26 PM

8,159 posts, read 10,918,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by builder24car View Post
The Cub Cadet mowers of today are nothing but 100% total crap! I feel for anyone else that has one...
In 1949 my daddy and a neighbor bought a new Cub tractor together. It still looks and runs great.

Old 04-15-2016, 06:40 PM

2,110 posts, read 2,723,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggly Woggly View Post
In 1949 my daddy and a neighbor bought a new Cub tractor together. It still looks and runs great.

I agree, that's when they made quality equipment. I have one as well although not that old and it still runs fine. I'm going to start using the old one again...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary