Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 01:03 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
Bold!

Any letters from the town of Cary?
Not yet, but we just moved here.

Old 01-12-2016, 01:14 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapelle View Post
...I am not racist, I dont mind not being in an all white neighborhood, I was just making a comparison when people were talking about how Long Island is segregated. I regret using the word "diverse" way back when in one of my comments - its sad that this is what the conversation lead to.....

All those who make remarks on here should be very careful about reading the previous posts. This is a very long thread, so I can understand you don't have the time, but then please do be careful about what you say on here - thank you.

and about the 600k town in morrisville, my mind is not blown, I am sure there are expensive areas by you too, but to my understanding, and quoting others on the forum, it seems as though I will get a house the size I have now (maybe larger), plus more land for less than what it is worth in NYC now. we shall find out soon enough!!

Thanks for understanding everyone - and I hope I didn't offend anyone. If any of you got upset, please don't be. This is a forum of discussion, and I am new here, just looking for information, (But I am not new to forums - I am a very active member on a lyme disease forum).

OP, you have more than explained your original meaning regarding diversity. This is the Internet. Communicating via words alone can get confusing. No worries.

As for 600k being "expensive." Well, it isn't cheap, but it's also not way out of the ordinary in many parts of The Triangle.

Can you find homes that cost less? Absolutely!

But, there are more homes here that cost 500k plus than you might imagine.

The real measure is whether or not you can find housing similar to what you currently have, in a desirable area (everyone's definition of that is different) for less.

We had a poster some years ago who was relocating from an area that wasn't particularly desirable, but wasn't bad, either. A 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath home that was about 15-20 years old and situated on about a half acre lot was between 250-300k where she was coming from.

It really seemed to make her angry that she could not find the same home/lot size (or better) for a lower price in the most desirable areas of Cary, Apex, or Holly Springs.

I think they rented here for awhile before moving again. To Florida.

Point being, you should do some heavy research on housing here. It's hard to say whether or not you'll be satisfied, but that's what scouting trips are for.

Old 01-12-2016, 05:31 PM

256 posts, read 266,583 times
Redzin, ok, thank you.

yup, exactly what scouting trips are for. I think I have gathered enough info on here, thanks to everyone, that we will at least be able to plan out a weekend trip well enough to get a "sense" of the area just to see if it would be a fit for us.

our lot here is only 0.19 acres so 0.25 would be awesome! That little extra land will just let us have a bigger garden =)
and i don't need fancy, this, fancy that, the home is where the heart is!

as for schools, of course we do care about them, but we are planning to check out the catholic schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2016, 04:06 PM

125 posts, read 106,156 times
Quote:
- a catholic community would suit us best...
Hi Chapelle,

I'm Catholic too. I'd look into Wake Forest, particularly some of the neighborhoods close to St. Catherine of Siena Catholic Church. Bigger lots, reasonable prices, more of the demographics you're looking for. And the church! Oh my goodness. If you are a sucker for beautiful architecture, that alone should draw you. St. Catherine's is gorgeous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFUFyAjIGHY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOpM3R4ZvFk

Best wishes to you in your search!

Old 04-16-2016, 04:24 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,553,659 times
I second the idea of Wake Forest. Absolutely beautiful, a charming little downtown, and close enough to Raleigh that it's no big deal.

Old 04-16-2016, 08:34 PM

236 posts, read 186,663 times
Quote:
our lot here is only 0.19 acres so 0.25 would be awesome! That little extra land will just let us have a bigger garden =)
Possibly yes, but possibly no, it would depend on where the extra .06 acres is, whether the HOA allows things like fencing to keep the deer or whatever from ruining it, and so forth.

Don't get me wrong, if gardening is a priority you can definitely find it here, just be sure to include it in your search plans and explore the property in detail. I personally would even lab-test soil samples if I were planning to eat what's grown there.

My only point is that an extra bit of land on paper does not mean it is guaranteed to be ideal for your planned use.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary