Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 12:38 PM

256 posts, read 266,445 times

Advertisements

NPG - when you say the prices shot up, its' not like here though right?? you have me worried, LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2016, 03:21 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,897,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapelle View Post
NPG - when you say the prices shot up, its' not like here though right?? you have me worried, LOL
Going by some of the previous posts in this forum and information provided by some of the RE Agents, one gets the impression that inventory is down (too few sellers) and is outpaced by demand (a lot of transplants + local growth) equally higher prices.

Here is one chart, but I am sure the local forum members can chime in on more specifics for targeted areas.

https://www.trianglemls.com/getfile....rend/file/2187

Old 01-11-2016, 04:50 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,821,323 times
Quote:
Doing internet searches (in a general sense) of the areas you're looking into will tell you what houses are going for. I think most of us don't know what "like up here" means, but we don't need to.

Old 01-11-2016, 04:55 PM

wow, interesting. I was under the impression it was the other way around! We will find out soon enough!

Old 01-11-2016, 04:57 PM

francois - well, like up here means a house with 3 bedrooms and a small yard in a decent neighborhood won't go for lower than 550k, not to mention the taxes!!

Old 01-11-2016, 05:06 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,897,466 times
Quote:
francois - well, like up here means a house with 3 bedrooms and a small yard in a decent neighborhood won't go for lower than 550k, not to mention the taxes!!
I was referring to how fast homes are moving, how fewer homes are being listed and how much they are appreciating, in the Triangle area.

I cannot make any statement as to how much home you get for the money up there in NC compared to all the way up there in NYC, as I am not familiar at all with the market in the NYC area. Plus, I am sure it varies by the micro-markets in each area.

Old 01-11-2016, 07:11 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,598,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Y
White people wanting to be in an area full of nothing but white people and me saying it's racist has ZERO to do with being "PC." It's racist. Sorry, it is.
Thank you, RedZin.

It's racist.

It's disturbing to me that this seems to be the minority stated opinion here (no pun intended). Except I dunno, is concern about not being around enough other white people a universally valid concern?

Well, given this turn of events, I guess I have nothing further that I care to offer the OP by way of advice, except that she won't like Durham or parts of Orange County. I'm sure that's fine.

Sigh.

Old 01-11-2016, 07:23 PM

4,639 posts, read 6,379,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
Thank you, RedZin.

It's racist.

It's disturbing to me that this seems to be the minority stated opinion here (no pun intended). Except I dunno, is concern about not being around enough other white people a universally valid concern?

Well, given this turn of events, I guess I have nothing further that I care to offer the OP by way of advice, except that she won't like Durham or parts of Orange County. I'm sure that's fine.

Sigh.
Thats not what the OP was saying. And you didn't copy the rest of RedZin's post, to wit:

"That said, the OP has very valid concerns and I think she won't find the sort of thing she's dealing with now when she moves here to the Triangle, so she should be happy with what she finds!"

Old 01-11-2016, 07:23 PM

121 posts, read 159,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
Thank you, RedZin.

It's racist.

Sigh.
Her original and current post about the minority that she prefer not to be close to doesn't mention anything about black, more like brown and immigrants ('native clothing'). So Durham and Orange County should be fine.

Old 01-11-2016, 07:51 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,598,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lleello View Post
Her original and current post about the minority that she prefer not to be close to doesn't mention anything about black, more like brown and immigrants ('native clothing'). So Durham and Orange County should be fine.
She wants to be with other white people, but houses of white people are over 600K, or something.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But OP - don't move to Morrisville either, I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary