Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 05:07 PM

2,844 posts, read 2,979,696 times

Advertisements

did anyone see this?

thoughts?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2017, 05:19 PM

2,511 posts, read 2,819,544 times
300 rounds sounds "huge", but it's really not that much. I go through that much easily in an hour or two at the range. . .

Old 02-21-2017, 05:20 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,278,777 times
Link for those that haven't heard:

'Don't go to Cary tomorrow': Man charged with making online threat :: WRAL.com

Old 02-21-2017, 05:20 PM

2,844 posts, read 2,979,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adams_aj View Post
300 rounds sounds "huge", but it's really not that much. I go through that much easily in an hour or two at the range. . .
oh that's a relief

Old 02-21-2017, 06:30 PM

6,381 posts, read 5,501,958 times
Can't find my old DDMS yearbooks.......but I'm about 90% sure I went to middle school with this guy....

Old 02-21-2017, 07:12 PM

22,672 posts, read 36,816,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_guy View Post
oh that's a relief
I am LOLing

Old 02-21-2017, 07:18 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,308,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
What is alarming to me is:

[quote= the article} If convicted, Grimsley could face a maximum penalty of five years jail time and a $250,000 fine.[/quote]

Now I'm probably a lefty compared to many, and certainly not in the "let's persecute all Muslims" camp, but it seems that when the evidence is as damning as this, that (after a trial) if convicted, the "maximum penalty for such behavior should be worse.

Obviously "innocent until proven guilty", and until then, we don't know if the maximum penalty is warranted, but if it all turns out to be true, it seems someone who is potentially hours (or minutes) away from a mass-murder, with loaded weapons, a written plan, and pieces already in motion should POTENTIALLY get more than five years. No?

BTW, I live in Cary, so very relevant to me. Thank you OP for posting.

Old 02-22-2017, 04:32 AM

812 posts, read 832,658 times
Very sobering and unfortunate news for anywhere USA. Made me "sit-up" when I read it giving me the heebie-jeebies at the thought of what might have been.

Last edited by ncrunner77; 02-22-2017 at 05:07 AM..

Old 02-22-2017, 04:49 AM

22,672 posts, read 36,816,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post

Now I'm probably a lefty compared to many, and certainly not in the "let's persecute all Muslims" camp, but it seems that when the evidence is as damning as this, that (after a trial) if convicted, the "maximum penalty for such behavior should be worse.

Obviously "innocent until proven guilty", and until then, we don't know if the maximum penalty is warranted, but if it all turns out to be true, it seems someone who is potentially hours (or minutes) away from a mass-murder, with loaded weapons, a written plan, and pieces already in motion should POTENTIALLY get more than five years. No?

BTW, I live in Cary, so very relevant to me. Thank you OP for posting.
Yes agree and am expecting the Feds to weigh in with heavier charges once the investigation is complete.

Cary is a big place, even his warning sucked.

I'm thinking this guy was on the radar already, or else how did they catch him so quickly....story is kind of spotty on the details (by design from the authorities I suppose)....makes you wonder how many others around here (and elsewhere) are on the radar.

Old 02-22-2017, 05:35 AM

326 posts, read 385,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post

From the story: "Grimsley appeared before a U.S. magistrate judge Tuesday and was charged with transmitting a threat in interstate commerce to injure a person. He is also charged with cyberstalking by the Cary Police Department."

I suspect that if and when additional charges are added, they will carry with them a significantly longer maximum sentence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary