Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2023, 07:24 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,259,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Wister View Post
As you well know, you're putting words in my mouth and entirely making up my position. I don't "believe" any of those things. You're just hoping for a juvenile fight at your level but you won't get it from me.

Owen
@tunedin I think this translates to “Thanks for the debate and for providing numbers to back up your position. It looks like I may have been mistaken.”

The lefts position on crime is not one I’ll ever understand. Most seem to want to just ignore it and chalk it up to “crime happens everywhere”, even when crime levels rise at significant rates. I think deep down they know that the crime is a result of the very policies that they stand for, but until it affects them directly it’s not worth caring about.

It was funny I was reading an article about how a kid leaving Glenwood South pounded on the door at Governor Coopers personal home. Apparently Coopers wife was on the neighborhood listserv complaining about how everyone parks in their neighborhood and comes back after hitting the bars and whatnot. I can only imagine how up in arms she’d be if it were her car that was broken into or stolen, her home broken into, etc. You know, all the things that are happening in this area at increasing rates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2023, 07:36 AM

307 posts, read 296,448 times
The GOP has a lot of similarities to the Taliban.

Old 05-06-2023, 07:45 AM

919 posts, read 744,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
@tunedin I think this translates to “Thanks for the debate and for providing numbers to back up your position. It looks like I may have been mistaken.”
If you don't think too good, don't think too much. The numbers "provided" are meaningless in the format they were provided. On purpose no doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
The lefts position on crime is not one I’ll ever understand. Most seem to want to just ignore it and chalk it up to “crime happens everywhere”, even when crime levels rise at significant rates. I think deep down they know that the crime is a result of the very policies that they stand for, but until it affects them directly it’s not worth caring about.
Cool. I'm not a member of "the left".

Old 05-06-2023, 07:47 AM

919 posts, read 744,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udelslayer View Post
So true. Christian sharia law is in our future.

Old 05-06-2023, 07:47 AM

851 posts, read 416,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udelslayer View Post
In case we needed to be reminded of the embarrassment that our Loony Left has become. They remind me of the Borg.

Old 05-06-2023, 07:55 AM

Quote:
So true. Christian sharia law is in our future.
Resistance is futile. Owen? It's the other guys. They're ruining a perfectly good democracy.

Old 05-06-2023, 08:06 AM

3,731 posts, read 2,053,288 times
I say this as merely a fellow poster, but can we keep this thread above the muck? It has been filled with generally good discussion for more than a dozen pages, even though the topic falls outside of allowable topics on the sub.

No need to ruin it with nonsense

Old 05-06-2023, 08:06 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,259,873 times
Quote:
If you don't think too good, don't think too much. The numbers "provided" are meaningless in the format they were provided. On purpose no doubt.
Then why not provide data that says otherwise?

Quote:
That wasn’t directed at you.

Old 05-06-2023, 08:13 AM

Quote:

The bottom 50 states in population have a more pronounced disparity than the top 50, with those controlled by a Democrat Mayor boasting a murder rate of 3 times of those controlled by a Republican. When was the last time that you provided any meaningful insight or relevant data of your own? How about the first time? And sticking your head in the sand while bleating about the Taliban doesn't count.

Old 05-06-2023, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVoR View Post
I say this as merely a fellow poster, but can we keep this thread above the muck? It has been filled with generally good discussion for more than a dozen pages, even though the topic falls outside of allowable topics on the sub.

No need to ruin it with nonsense
In a thread titled "Democracy dies in North Carolina"? I think the ship has sailed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary