Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 04:55 PM

19 posts, read 56,763 times

Advertisements

Hello,
We have been looking at Fuquay-Varina for a move this summer, but I was wondering if anyone could tell me more about Angier? We are trying to be somewhat in between Ft. Bragg and Raleigh. I'm mostly interested in the basics close by -- grocery store, gas station, etc. I can get to the other stuff in Raleigh on the weekends! My husband, bless him, is also interested in the closest Starbucks or other coffee places. He's overseas for a year, so I guess I can't fault him there!

Thanks! You locals have been such a huge help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2007, 05:06 PM

473 posts, read 1,737,481 times
I've been living in Willow Spring for a year (today actually is the year anniversary) and I have yet to find Angier LOL My neighbor works in a $ General or some $ store and I know she mentioned there is a Food Lion in the area too.

As for Starbucks.. the ONLY one I know of is in the Harris Teeter in Holly Springs.

Linda

Old 02-13-2007, 06:01 PM

579 posts, read 2,863,856 times
Angier is mostly rural with a small little downtown historic section that could use some revitalizing that I'm sure it will get some day. You will most likely be driving up to FV for a lot of things. It's only a 5-10 minute ride from the northern section of Angier, longer if you are further out. Not sure of any coffee shops but there is a mexican restuarant, some gas stations, a bank, a grocery store and an Italian/pizza place to name a few. One huge plus to living in Angier is that it is home to Sunny Skies Ice Cream on rte 55. It's all homemade and just about the best ice cream one could ever have. Home prices are pretty good there, too.

Old 02-13-2007, 06:06 PM

579 posts, read 2,863,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCMommy2-4 View Post
As for Starbucks.. the ONLY one I know of is in the Harris Teeter in Holly Springs.
That's the only one I'm aware of around here, too. There is a new coffee shop going into the new Varina station in downtown FV on Broad St. I can't remember the name but I drove by and it looks really nice. There is a also a bakery on broad street across from that. And let's not forget Leapin Lizards drive-thru in the Walmart parking lot. They make a pretty mean latte when you're in a hurry and don't want to get out the car.

Old 02-13-2007, 09:31 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,249,243 times
I actually sold a home in Johnston County in a very rural area but it has an Angier address.

It was a brand new small house with 2 car garage and an acre for under $140s.

Vicki

Old 02-13-2007, 09:46 PM

260 posts, read 1,191,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferTN View Post
Hello,
We have been looking at Fuquay-Varina for a move this summer, but I was wondering if anyone could tell me more about Angier? We are trying to be somewhat in between Ft. Bragg and Raleigh. I'm mostly interested in the basics close by -- grocery store, gas station, etc. I can get to the other stuff in Raleigh on the weekends! My husband, bless him, is also interested in the closest Starbucks or other coffee places. He's overseas for a year, so I guess I can't fault him there!

We recently just bought a home in Fuquay and when house shopping did some comparing and looked at some homes in Angier. There nice homes and you get more for your money there...but nothing around and I thought the down town area was pretty run down. Also,, if you check school stats (not sure if you have kids) but there not good at all. That was our deciding factor,, thought even if we opted for private school re-sale would be tough.
Good luck in your choice, again just my opinion.

Old 02-22-2007, 06:09 PM

16 posts, read 103,491 times
Default Angier

My husband and I are in the process of moving to Angier in three weeks. We've sold our home in Wilmington (on the coast) and are semi-retiring to a new development in Angier. We have found it to be a very nice small town, and you can't beat the real estate prices. Fuquay Varina and Clayton are the nearest "big" towns, but Angier has quaint shops and things you could easily get on a daily basis. Also, we're going to be about four miles from I-40 which gets you to Raleigh or wherever quickly. We wanted a small town with a country flair but to stay in NC, which we love, and Angier seemed to have a lot to offer. Hope this helps.

Old 02-23-2007, 08:07 AM

28 posts, read 104,401 times
Default in same boat - decided on Holly Springs for a year

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferTN View Post
Hello,

Hi there! My fiance and I were in the same situation... he's overseas currently and needs to get to Ft. Bragg/Pope AFB daily when he comes back while I found myself more than likely working in the Raleigh area so after 1 quick weekend trip to the area, we decided to rent a place in Holly Springs (not all that far from the northern part of Angier) It too is a smaller area, more "rural" than Fuquay or Apex but located right between the two where there is almost everything you could need. It's also about 5 minutes from US 1 which will take you up to Raleigh in no time. just another place to consider.... good luck to you!!

Old 08-13-2007, 09:21 AM

1 posts, read 4,074 times
kinda late for this thread but, there are a few coffee shops that really put Starbucks to shame... There is The Chocolate Bean on Broad street in FV as mentioned before, there is Bushiban coffee at the corner of TenTen rd. and 401, Java Divine in Holly Springs at the intersection of Bass Lake rd. and Holly Springs rd. next to the Bass Lake Draft House (AWESOME), Southern roast in Apex on 55 just off sunset Lake... all are within a 15 minute drive from the center of Angier (nc210 and 55 intersection). I'm moving there at the end of this month. I'm currently living in FV which I LOVE. Real estate prices are by far BEST in Angier on this side of Raleigh with inside Raleigh being the exception... I'm not too fond of Angier town as far as drive through appeal... but, it does have a few staples you would need on a day to day but I think you will find yourself taking the 10 minute drive into FV most of the time. Angier is huge! So depending where you are in Angier will certainly dictate where you go for your shopping! I looked at some homes in Angier that were about 35-40 minutes from ANY STORE, so it can get VERY rural! So if you like the small town COUNTRY feel, Angier is for you. Also, if you are Latino the area has a lot to offer, international food market, Spanish deli, and a few restaurants that cater to the Latin Cuisine. Another thing to consider is that Real estate Value has been appreciating at approx 4% a year which is much slower than other areas like Apex Fuquay-Varina and Holly springs, My Sisters home in Fuquay went up in value 10% ($20,000) in the past year and that will only increase exponentially, as new home builders use up the available land, especially at the rate they are going... so that's something to consider. Wake County is PRIME real Estate... Harnett and Johnston counties just aren't as sought after. Hope this helps somebody... gooduck!

Old 08-13-2007, 09:25 AM

892 posts, read 3,161,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incipit View Post
Harnett and Johnston counties just aren't as sought after. Hope this helps somebody... gooduck!

Gotta say I do believe Johnston County is highly sought after these days with good schools that are not year round. Will agree with the terrible appreciation in Harnett though.
Gotta love a person who knows their coffee!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary