Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 08:50 AM

1 posts, read 2,251 times

Advertisements

We have been to TASU also, probably 4 times. We haven't received any of the bad service you mention. The staff are overly friendly and attentive. We sometimes sit at the bar in back if the restaurant is busy, and the service there is usually faster, but either way we have never waited as long as you say you did.
The buy one get one free menu clearly states that you are charged for the most expensive items, and I've never been anywhere that does that differently. We asked on one occassion if we could split checks when we went with a larger group. After thinking about ourselves, its reasonable for them not to do that. The sushi is already buy one get one. I can see where it would be difficult to split a check when thats the case. It wouild allow people to take advantage of the offer by only paying for the less expensive items.

Also, Solomon's in the same center is very good, and never busy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 08:14 AM

285 posts, read 836,520 times
Been there a few times myself now - really love the place. The buy one get one free on the sushi is a bit of a racket - they dont honour this for take-out orders, which I think isnt great!

For those of you with the American Airlines diners club - you get airmiles when you eat there too!

Old 04-05-2009, 10:29 PM

1 posts, read 2,048 times
Default Tasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscomac View Post
Has anyone visited the new restaurant in Brier Creek by Earth Fare - Tasu Asian Bistro Sushi & Bar? If so, how was it?
It is awesome!!! Nice atmosphere, great food, and excellent service...I've been 3 times and never have been disappointed!

Old 06-20-2009, 11:00 AM

3,743 posts, read 13,704,794 times
Sushi Thai is still my favorite restaurant in Raleigh, although Tasu is good - its American sushi - lots of sauces and its very creative. There's something about $16 rolls that makes me wish I was in California, buy one get one free or not.

Old 06-20-2009, 11:23 AM

150 posts, read 506,991 times
We have really enjoyed Tasu. The service has been excellent for the most part and the sushi very good. I do agree with Sayantsi that it is very much about the suaces. Unfortunatelly lately we have been seated in the back room, and each time we have gotten a releatively new waiter (the same one each time) who has made it a bit of a stressful experience for his customers. He is constantly running around, appologizing, forgetting things, and explaining who is at fault when things go wrong. This waiter however is the exception, not the rule. I am actually tempted to ask the manager next time (who is always available) to seat us elsewhere so we can relax!

The sushi is very fresh at Tasu-and that is what keeps us coming back! We were loving another smaller sushi place in Brier Creek, but after a while, the sushi seemed a little past its prime

Sayantsi-I miss CA sushi prices too, but it's not too bad here

Old 08-13-2009, 07:08 AM

2,459 posts, read 8,078,887 times
We went to Tasu last Saturday, BOGO still in effect ... we were seated in the back room, very enjoyable. Surprised to find a decent draft beer selection too.
I'm embarrased to admit that although we're in Brier Creek/Brierdale almost every week we never knew Tasu existed until I read about it here !

Thanks ....

Frank

Old 08-13-2009, 08:24 AM

2,459 posts, read 8,078,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melace1 View Post

Also, Solomon's in the same center is very good, and never busy.
Regrettably the "never busy" part has apparently caused them to close in Brierdale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary