Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 11:00 AM

3,650 posts, read 9,209,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesterling View Post
My wife and I are new to town and we have twin babies (5 weeks old). Does anybody know if there is anything to do New Years with babies?
Yes. Stay home.

Pls tell us you aren't serious about going out with FIVE WEEK old kids on new years eve. This is exactly why I rarely eat out any more. Sorry but I think that's just plain irresponsible not to mention rude to the others eating when inevitably one of those times they start crying up a storm.

Where is that eating out thread.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2008, 11:17 AM

2,135 posts, read 7,654,067 times
Quote:
Jeez thanks for the help.
Your welcome...

A link to a Chinese restaurant and a link to Raleigh's First Night and sharing my experience as a parent of three kids ages 3-7.

Here is another link:
Cary News | Plenty to do for New Year’s Eve (http://www.carynews.com/front/story/11216.html - broken link)

Old 12-31-2008, 01:09 PM

36,411 posts, read 16,020,348 times
Hey Mike, take a deep breath, there are lots of opinions on C-D, that is why you are here. Just have a good time tonight with your new babies. My only deal would be it's cold and windy here right now, just went out to eat with my Dad. So I guess it will be even colder tonight. Have a wonderful New Year with your new babies.

Old 12-31-2008, 01:10 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,187,022 times
Quote:
Here's the deal, just to clarify for all of you idiots out there. When I asked if there was anything to do on New Years eve with babies, I was asking for actual events that are specifically for people with babies. That way, everyone there would have a baby.

Wow!!! Feeling a bit feisty? I think you should stay home and catch up on your sleep!

FTR, I know of nothing geared toward parents and babies for New Year's Eve. I have 2 young children and can't say I've come across anything like what you are looking for. Given the cold, I'd stay in with my babies if I were in your shoes. Order a movie, get some take out, play some board games.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 12-31-2008 at 02:32 PM.. Reason: edited quote

Old 12-31-2008, 01:15 PM

11 posts, read 22,512 times
I'm not feeling feisty, just don't have a lot of patience for people who need to feel important by adding their comments to everything, even where its not applicable. Again, I am not looking for people to tell me to stay home. I am staying home...I was simply asking if anybody knew of any events. If you haven't heard of anything, why not just say that? Why do you feel it is acceptable to give your opinion on something you have no context or understanding of when it wasn't asked for? I guess these internet boards aren't for me.

Last edited by mm34b; 12-31-2008 at 02:10 PM.. Reason: Edited to comply with Terms of Service.

Old 12-31-2008, 01:59 PM

850 posts, read 4,739,625 times
I agree with you Mike. You asked for recommendations on what to do with your family, not for people's 2 cents about how to raise them. From what I've gathered about this board...people will give you their opinions whether you ask for them or not. And the majority of posters are not child friendly. Find the eathing out thread if you want to see how people really feel about kids!

Have fun tonight whatever you do and enjoy those babies!

Old 12-31-2008, 02:24 PM

2,135 posts, read 7,654,067 times
I never told you to stay home. I said I probably would because of RSV and flu season. I would want to avoid crowded restaurants on a busy night. Otherwise there is nothing wrong with going out to eat. I did when my first baby was a few weeks old and she slept the whole time. And today is so cold and windy I would not want to be outside.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 12-31-2008 at 02:31 PM.. Reason: orphaned

Old 12-31-2008, 02:34 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,273,258 times
I can't say I know of anything geared towards infants when it comes to celebrating New Year's Eve in Raleigh or anywhere else I have lived for that matter. I know they do the early acorn drop in downtown Raleigh at 7pm for families with children who can't stay up late enough for midnight, but I imagine it would be too cold for infants today. Honestly, when I think of New Year's Eve I think of people staying up late, drinking champagne, and making a lot of noise at midnight. I'm not sure how you make that work for infants. I think you are on the right track with just picking a nice place to grab dinner with your family. Good Luck!

Happy New Year!

Old 12-31-2008, 02:39 PM

43,264 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Last time I went out on NYE, my binky froze to my lip.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

What the world needs now....

Old 12-31-2008, 02:41 PM

11 posts, read 22,512 times
yes, definitely too cold for infants...even if we are from upstate NY. I was hoping there would be other parents in the same situation that had organized something. Nice way to meet people on the same wavelength. Maybe I'll put sommething together for next year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary