Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 06:13 PM

1,611 posts, read 4,846,254 times

Advertisements

For those of you in Wake Forest looking for some great BBQ for takeout, I found yummy BBQ at Lil Red BBQ Shack. It is located by Hoy Auction, on the corner of 1A & Forestville Road.

My son & I each had a BBQ sandwich- the bbq is on a large bun, and the sauce has a hint of sweetness. The slaw was great, too. We are looking forward to trying the chicken & ribs.
The place was neat & clean, and the proprietors are very friendly and excited about their new venture. they say they do catering too.

I am so glad that even in this economy, we keep getting new restaurants & stores in Wake Forest!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 06:17 PM

646 posts, read 2,049,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer View Post
For those of you in Wake Forest looking for some great BBQ for takeout, I found yummy BBQ at Lil Red BBQ Shack. It is located by Hoy Auction, on the corner of 1A & Forestville Road.

My son & I each had a BBQ sandwich- the bbq is on a large bun, and the sauce has a hint of sweetness. The slaw was great, too. We are looking forward to trying the chicken & ribs.
The place was neat & clean, and the proprietors are very friendly and excited about their new venture. they say they do catering too.

I am so glad that even in this economy, we keep getting new restaurants & stores in Wake Forest!
Isn't that the cart that they pull around?

Old 07-14-2009, 06:23 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,046,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer View Post

Sounds good! Do they sell pulled pork? When we eat pork BBQ, we like in the sauce, not just the pork sliced with sauce on top.

Old 07-14-2009, 06:24 PM

646 posts, read 2,049,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
Sounds good! Do they sell pulled pork? When we eat pork BBQ, we like in the sauce, not just the pork sliced with sauce on top.
Don't you have to move to the state first?

Old 07-14-2009, 06:33 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,046,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoya View Post
Don't you have to move to the state first?
I do, but we also visit on occasion!

Old 07-14-2009, 11:33 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,209,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
Sliced pork? Sauce on top?

Good heavens. Edumacate yourself on NC BBQ.

Old 07-15-2009, 06:45 AM

2,835 posts, read 7,339,535 times
NYer thanks for the BBQ tip! Will try them out the next time I pass! No matter if its a building or a cart pulling food seller if the food is good its alright by me!

That is why I can never be a food critic....I just like food to much to be sour about it!

Old 07-15-2009, 09:43 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,051,718 times
when you say it has sweetness to it do you mean it doesn't taste like the meat has been sitting in a vat of vinegar for a week lilke most other NC barbecue taste like?

We finally got to Allen and son on the recommendation it was the best BBQ around and the vinegar brought tears to our eyes and hacking and coughing. I miss my tomato based sweet bbq like we had in atlanta. Somebody PLEASE TELL ME WHERE I CAN FIND MY FAVORITE KIND OF BBQ CLOSE TO Chapel Hill !!! So as not to embarrass myself when the waitress came to the table with a take out container for the pile of BBQ I could not eat, I dutifully loaded it up and then left in on the table while DH paid the bill. Dang if the waitress didn't chase us in the parking lot with "Oh, you forgot your BBQ."

Then I just put it in the trash---and that killed me cause I don't waste a cent or any food but I'm sorry we just can't eat that stuff.

Old 07-15-2009, 02:07 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,209,220 times
You tossed out perfectly good BBQ. You should be shot.

Not all NC 'Q is the same. It's very much an east/west split kind of thing. Check out Lexington (or "Lexington style" as it is sometimes known).

Old 07-15-2009, 02:24 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,051,718 times
So where does West start? Can I get West style around Chapel Hill?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary