Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 01:23 PM

2,991 posts, read 4,289,837 times

Advertisements

I was one of the original members of Coastal. It has gotten so bad, in my opinion, that I closed all of my family accounts and went elsewhere. The customer interface is unacceptable. I hope that they go out of business.

On the other hand, State Employees Credit Union is clearly the class act around here. After that, but still pretty good, comes First Citizens. Next among the majors is Wells Fargo. After WF, the majors (including BBT, which provides rude service) are all about the same, and are none too good. I don't know anything about the small banks, which may be better.

Old 08-26-2012, 07:19 AM

99 posts, read 181,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamish Forbes View Post
I was one of the original members of Coastal. It has gotten so bad, in my opinion, that I closed all of my family accounts and went elsewhere. The customer interface is unacceptable. I hope that they go out of business.

On the other hand, State Employees Credit Union is clearly the class act around here. After that, but still pretty good, comes First Citizens. Next among the majors is Wells Fargo. After WF, the majors (including BBT, which provides rude service) are all about the same, and are none too good. I don't know anything about the small banks, which may be better.
I'm a former member of Coastal as well. At one time I thought about moving my accounts but I got tired of their online service, or lack of, and the fact I had to drive all over the Triangle just to make a deposit. I've heard good things about the SECU, but in general we've banked with Wells Fargo/Wachovia since moving here in 1988 and have always had great service. They have so many offices you can go anywhere in the State and get cash when you need it without paying a fee.

Old 08-26-2012, 07:04 PM

71 posts, read 180,633 times
Ive been with Coastal for 12 years and love it. Never had a complaint. 2.5% interest on checking and I actually prefer the teller interface over actual people. Im not the get to know your banker type. I love that I can deposit checks and such 7 days a week 7-7, or upload a pic to deposit it. I dont use the online banking b/c we pay everything ourselves-dont trust someone or some business to do it for us.

Old 08-27-2012, 05:46 AM

5,888 posts, read 6,955,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgs189 View Post
Ive been with Coastal for 12 years and love it. Never had a complaint. 2.5% interest on checking
According to their web site, you have to have a debit card and use it at least 30 times per month to get the 2.5%

https://www.coastal24.com/checking/g...n-checking.htm

Old 08-27-2012, 11:41 AM

56 posts, read 95,898 times
I have Coastal for 8 years now and I haven't had a single problem with them. I had a couple of auto loans and credit cards with them and no problems. My wife does have an auto loan through BB&T and they seem to be a pretty good bank. We both switched from Bank of America. Bank of America was a joke and I will never use them again.

Old 08-27-2012, 03:52 PM

71 posts, read 180,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
According to their web site, you have to have a debit card and use it at least 30 times per month to get the 2.5%

https://www.coastal24.com/checking/g...n-checking.htm

Yeh- a check card and the rate drops if you dont do 30. But we havent had any issue with getting 30 a month-its the only card we use-we dont use credit cards. For us it works

Old 08-27-2012, 08:05 PM

606 posts, read 903,657 times
I love Coastal and switched the last acct I had with a big bank over last month. I use the online banking and haven't had an issue. Although I don't particularly care for the TV tellers, I do love that the bank is open extended hours and 7 days a week. I'd rather have the extended hours, then a live person in front of me. They have mobile banking now as well, including the option to take a picture of the check to deposit.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:23 PM

61 posts, read 240,352 times
i've been with Coastal since March, and I absolutely love it. Lots of locations and atms for me in Cary/Apex area. The only issue I've had is their mobile deposit app on my Galaxy Prevail....very minor, though and they're working out the kinks. I love the rates on their checking accounts and feeless HSAs. 3 thumbs up !!!!! Not a cheaper, better "bank" around IMHO.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:58 AM

119 posts, read 318,569 times
I moved into Cary last week. I signed up with PNC Bank in Cary. I was told that they used to be RBC Bank and got bought by PNC. The service for the sign up was good, they were friendly, responsive and took care of my banking needs. I signed up for the old-fashioned free checking account with no limits, paper checks (paid about $20),and online banking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary