Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2017, 05:52 PM

10,965 posts, read 21,993,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby Schmitters View Post
I didn't mean a *net* of 90K in 10 days. I meant a 90K total profit in 10 days makes it hard to believe that all said and done, the profit would be reasonable.
I would think a "net profit" and "total profit" are the same thing. Do you not agree? It should be gross profit or net profit though they still aren't relevant when it comes to a homes worth.

Doesn't change my viewpoint that profit should be based on what the market will bear but it will help people if you can at least use correct terminology.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2017, 05:57 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,905,940 times
Quote:
Your first response was fine. In fact, all responses have been fine. People get testy when they feel their livelihood is being jeopardized (at least that's me giving some the benefit of the doubt, otherwise people are just testy in general ) However, going back to the beginning of the thread and sifting through, it becomes apparent early on that the thread became derailed rather quickly. My question was -- how do flippers overcome the price history issue. The answer I got from about half of you was "it's not an issue, buyers *shouldn't* care about that." Well I'm a buyer and I can assure you, some of us do. And if you scan these pages carefully, you can see about 40% of replies are people who agree with me. Just because they're less vocal than those who disagree with me doesn't mean they're less valid.
Inaccurate. I stopped re-reading at post #40 and you need to read YOUR OWN replies.

You were told repeatedly: The answer to your question is COMPS. Even by me but you didn't like that factual answer.

Old 10-11-2017, 06:06 PM

418 posts, read 367,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
Inaccurate. I stopped re-reading at post #40 and you need to read YOUR OWN replies.

You were told repeatedly: The answer to your question is COMPS. Even by me but you didn't like that factual answer.
Kind of like how you don't like the fact that some buyers do take price history into account.

Old 10-11-2017, 06:08 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,657,996 times
OP: Despite your opinion to the contrary, you do not represent a typical buyer.

Most can be educated.

Old 10-11-2017, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
I would think a "net profit" and "total profit" are the same thing. Do you not agree? It should be gross profit or net profit though they still aren't relevant when it comes to a homes worth.

Doesn't change my viewpoint that profit should be based on what the market will bear but it will help people if you can at least use correct terminology.

You made me second guess myself. I thought I knew what net meant but after reading this I looked it up. Turns out I was right. Net is the profit after you deduct expenditures. Total (I should've said "gross") is what I can see the flipper is trying to make. It is factual that the flipper is trying to gross 90K. What his net actually will be, I don't know for sure but as myself and others have expressed, it's hard to believe it'll be a reasonable amount in 10 days of work.

Old 10-11-2017, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
OP: Despite your opinion to the contrary, you do not represent a typical buyer.

Most can be educated.
If that were true, real estate wouldn't be such a lucrative industry. Nice shaming tactic though!

Old 10-11-2017, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
What a seller will make on the sale should have NOTHING to do with your buying decision!
I beg to differ.

Old 10-11-2017, 06:40 PM

5,426 posts, read 3,498,756 times
Abby, I might have missed this but did you view the house before the flipper bought it? Do you know for sure all he did was paint the inside?

Old 10-11-2017, 06:53 PM

Quote:
I beg to differ.
This thread has run it's course.

Old 10-11-2017, 06:55 PM

Quote:
You made me second guess myself. I thought I knew what net meant but after reading this I looked it up. Turns out I was right. Net is the profit after you deduct expenditures. Total (I should've said "gross") is what I can see the flipper is trying to make. It is factual that the flipper is trying to gross 90K. What his net actually will be, I don't know for sure but as myself and others have expressed, it's hard to believe it'll be a reasonable amount in 10 days of work.
You had to look it up and you were right even though you "used the wrong word"??? HUH?

HOW IN THE WORLD do you know what is his gross and net????

And No, you totally ignored valid reasons why - such as the buyer having to pay additional expenses on the previous purchase that NOBODY KNOWS anything about just by these simplistic facts.

LIKE TAX LIENS. Which makes what you think you know invalid.

OR a family sale which I told you about 100 replies ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate