Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2017, 07:02 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,905,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby Schmitters View Post
Kind of like how you don't like the fact that some buyers do take price history into account.
I never made ANY comment about you saying that.

Most logical experienced buyers will FIND OUT WHY the price difference exists if they care.

Going back to COMPS.

I gave you REASONS why that price history could be that way so OBVIOUSLY I am not a person who IGNORES that piece of data. I also alerted you to previous purchase prices being $1.00. HOW DARE THEY! LOL

Are you kidding me right now or just playing around?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2017, 07:21 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,226,257 times
Quote:
Your first response was fine. In fact, all responses have been fine. People get testy when they feel their livelihood is being jeopardized (at least that's me giving some the benefit of the doubt, otherwise people are just testy in general ) However, going back to the beginning of the thread and sifting through, it becomes apparent early on that the thread became derailed rather quickly. My question was -- how do flippers overcome the price history issue. The answer I got from about half of you was "it's not an issue, buyers *shouldn't* care about that." Well I'm a buyer and I can assure you, some of us do. And if you scan these pages carefully, you can see about 40% of replies are people who agree with me. Just because they're less vocal than those who disagree with me doesn't mean they're less valid.
bless your heart.

you are truly deluded. Feel free to count posts, and count those that are 40% are in agreement with you. You think anything that you post threatens MY livelihood, or the livelihood of any agent that I know?

In that first response, and in 2 or more responses since then, I have agreed that IF: buying at then-market-value, doing hardly anything, and marking the price up 100K - doesn't make a lot of sense. I guess you're counting those posts in your 40%, but not acknowledging them.

You still think, as someone with 0 intuition and 0 experience buying a house, that the only/vastly major value a Buyer's Agent will give you is hearing about homes before they hit the MLS.

And that is STILL OK.

You will find a home, sooner or later, that works for you and your method. I've said that at least 3 times now.

Old 10-11-2017, 07:37 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,330,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slytrix View Post
You should only pay what you think the house is worth. Don't get caught up in price history, just look at the comps. Some buyers have a problem with what the seller paid for the house, some don't.
Quoted myself

You obviously have a problem with how much a house flipper could possibly make so move on to another house. Maybe pick one that has never had anything done to it so you are sure there are no flippers profits, then fix it up yourself so that you can truly understand the cost

There are buyers that couldn't care less what the house sold for previously and look for a home that will fit their family at fair price that they determined by looking at other homes on the market.

BTW, I have made much more than the example you are looking at. I paid cash at the courthouse steps, had to gain possession by either cash for keys or legal eviction, then rehab and then sell. It is not quite as easy as you seem to think.

Old 10-11-2017, 07:54 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,742,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
inaccurate. I stopped re-reading at post #40 and you need to read your own replies.

You were told repeatedly: The answer to your question is comps. Even by me but you didn't like that factual answer.
+1

Old 10-11-2017, 07:56 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,742,113 times
Quote:
I beg to differ.

You're the only one here who thinks so!

C O M P S........that's all that matters in regards to MARKET VALUE!!!!!!!

You came here looking for advice, yet you won't listen to reason. You think realtors (especially buyers agents) are against everyone and pointless. Good luck with your house buying, you're going to need it! I'm moving on from this thread as it's pointless!

Old 10-11-2017, 09:47 PM

418 posts, read 367,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
You had to look it up and you were right even though you "used the wrong word"??? HUH?

HOW IN THE WORLD do you know what is his gross and net????

And No, you totally ignored valid reasons why - such as the buyer having to pay additional expenses on the previous purchase that NOBODY KNOWS anything about just by these simplistic facts.

LIKE TAX LIENS. Which makes what you think you know invalid.

OR a family sale which I told you about 100 replies ago.
But again, his expenditures aren't my problem. It doesn't raise the value of the home *to me*. Just like my financial situation doesn't matter to him, because if it's not conducive to a successful sale, he just finds another buyer. (I can find another house if this one doesn't go through with terms I feel benefit me.)

Update: sellers agent has received our offer and requested proof of funds (we did submit pre approval letter with offer, but will send requested documents anyway.) Didn't say we'd have to come up in price, yet...

Old 10-12-2017, 01:39 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,847,323 times
Quote:
But again, his expenditures aren't my problem. It doesn't raise the value of the home *to me*. Just like my financial situation doesn't matter to him, because if it's not conducive to a successful sale, he just finds another buyer. (I can find another house if this one doesn't go through with terms I feel benefit me.)

Update: sellers agent has received our offer and requested proof of funds (we did submit pre approval letter with offer, but will send requested documents anyway.) Didn't say we'd have to come up in price, yet...
Seriously? If his expenditures included new windows, a new roof, reinsulation, a new HVAC system, fresh paint and refinished original oak floors that does not increase the value to you? Are you still basing what you believe was done in the house solely on the smell of fresh paint? Is that what you based your offer on?

Old 10-12-2017, 06:42 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,226,257 times
I wouldn't send any financial documents to a person that didn't represent me until we had agreed on the contract. But that's me, and what I would tell my clients.

I find it very curious that they waited what seems like 3 or more days to respond, and that was their response.

Old 10-12-2017, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Seriously? If his expenditures included new windows, a new roof, reinsulation, a new HVAC system, fresh paint and refinished original oak floors that does not increase the value to you? Are you still basing what you believe was done in the house solely on the smell of fresh paint? Is that what you based your offer on?
Those things are the same with assessing value of any home and are independent of what the owner went through to get those things. Maybe they did it themselves, maybe they paid 10K for a professional to do it. Either way it holds the same value to me as a buyer. His liens, having to evict a tenant, and any other debt or hardship he acquired with the house don't raise the value to me as a potential buyer. Not my problem. It may justify the asking price to him, but not to me.

Old 10-12-2017, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I wouldn't send any financial documents to a person that didn't represent me until we had agreed on the contract. But that's me, and what I would tell my clients.

I find it very curious that they waited what seems like 3 or more days to respond, and that was their response.
So these are more of the same for my region: disorganized, disheveled agents. They hadn't even seen my offer in their email until I texted to follow up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate