Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2019, 08:05 PM

14,472 posts, read 12,095,136 times

Advertisements

I agree with you, something is wrong if no one has wanted to see the house in 60 days. Are the pictures attractive? You seriously think you're in the ball park on price?

FWIW, regarding your "test"... I have never once gotten a lead from an interested buyer from Trulia. I am not sure if any have ever sent me notes on our listings from there, but if they have, they may have either gone to other paid "Premier Agents" or to spam folders... But wherever they went, I didn't see them. Trulia or Zillow may be fun for browsing houses, but they're not good ways to actually contact agents. Most agents don't use them or pay attention to them much at all. They are spam generators.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2019, 09:02 PM

43 posts, read 21,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Sure, he could have replied. I agree that he obviously sounds unmotivated. But that's not usually the way most buyers operate, emailing agents based on an internet listing. But an online query is just that - another form of looky-loo.

Buyers' agents should be scheduling showings. Is your house listed on the MLS???
Yes, it's listed in the MLS. When I bought the house, I found it online and contacted the agent directly. I didn't have a buyers agent.

Old 09-27-2019, 09:04 PM

43 posts, read 21,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
I agree with you, something is wrong if no one has wanted to see the house in 60 days. Are the pictures attractive? You seriously think you're in the ball park on price?

FWIW, regarding your "test"... I have never once gotten a lead from an interested buyer from Trulia. I am not sure if any have ever sent me notes on our listings from there, but if they have, they may have either gone to other paid "Premier Agents" or to spam folders... But wherever they went, I didn't see them. Trulia or Zillow may be fun for browsing houses, but they're not good ways to actually contact agents. Most agents don't use them or pay attention to them much at all. They are spam generators.

The pictures are pretty nice. The other homes in the area have video walkthroughs, but the agent wouldn't do it. I think that would help a lot. I think it's 20k over and I offered to lower it 20k, but he said to move it fast, we need to bring it down your competition to 10% lower than what it is currently listed at. Over the past two weeks, nearly a dozen homes went live in my town.

Old 09-27-2019, 09:09 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeacherMichael View Post

Over the past two weeks, nearly a dozen homes went live in my town.
But how many have sold/closed?

What's going on in your town? It's not a typically "hot" time of year.

Old 09-27-2019, 09:23 PM

14,472 posts, read 12,095,136 times
Quote:
The pictures are pretty nice. The other homes in the area have video walkthroughs, but the agent wouldn't do it. I think that would help a lot. I think it's 20k over and I offered to lower it 20k, but he said to move it fast, we need to bring it down your competition to 10% lower than what it is currently listed at. Over the past two weeks, nearly a dozen homes went live in my town.

Video walk-throughs are fun maybe, but are not the deciding factor on whether people want to see the house or not. If the pictures are nice, then I think it's likely you're way too high.

Old 09-27-2019, 09:23 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,883,903 times
I don’t know if Tennessee is like Texas but if the home is priced right buyer’s agents should have shown the home multiple times by now.

It would help if agents would tell you upfront what you can get for the home without pricing at the sellers unreasonable expectations but they lose a few listings that way.

Last edited by whogo; 09-27-2019 at 09:40 PM..

Old 09-27-2019, 09:42 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,087,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I don’t know if Tennessee is like Texas but if the home is priced right buyer’s agents should have shown the home multiple times by now.
Correct. Most agents like to get an escrow or two going and closed before Thanksgiving so something else must be wrong and it’s most likely the price is turning off prospective buyers.

Old 09-27-2019, 09:52 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,883,903 times
I’ve never liked the idea of video walkthroughs. I think pictures should show the highlights of the home. I think showing too much is possibly worse than showing too little.

Old 09-27-2019, 11:11 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,519,030 times
Quote:
I would like to sell my home, but I am having issues with the realtor. I told him where I needed to be, he said we should be able to get there. He asked what's my bottom dollar, I told him, he said we should be able to get there. It's been online 60 days, not one visit, yet online there's been 54 saves and nearly 10k in views, yet no inquiries. I thought that was weird, so I asked my sister (different last name, same State) to show interest thru Trulia. That was two weeks ago, he never contacted her to follow up. I asked him for a video walkthrough as that was what a lot of neighbors are doing, he said we didn't need it. I then asked him to re-arrange the pictures online this week, he said sure, but hasn't done it yet. The first pic is a picture of the backyard, and you cannot even see the home.

He then tells me he doesn't like that we have no interest and says our interests are not on the same page. He said we need to cut the price by 20%. I said, I cannot do that and I told you what my min. was and you agreed. Then he sent me some text messages stating that my house is great, but needs 75k in repairs in landscaping and a finished basement. No name on the text or reference on the address, but other one's liked the house, just not the neighborhood. Here's the thing, the landscaping is taken care of weekly and is immaculate. I showed that text to others and they looked puzzled too. In addition, the text said the basement needed finishing.. Interesting when the basement is completely finished with a wet bar, kitchen, couch and entertainment area. It was done in 2015. So I do not know what this guy is talking about. I think he just through the IM as it was dated two days later than when he asked the person the question.

Any suggestions on what to do?
Get a lawyer to terminate the contract.

This is typical realtor bs. They promise the world until you sign the contract. Once you sign, they got you. So course he said that . Because that’s the tactic. It’s not selling...... it must be the price not the agents mediocrity, bad consulting tactics or uselessness. You need to lower the price because he is looking for his commission. I mean hey what’s a few hundred bucks out of his commission and tens of thousands out of your bottom line? It’s nothing for him.
Let’s say your price was just out there never going to happen. Ok why not tell the person hey your price is not realistic. No instead they took the contract, and are simply wearing you down in the long term as you can just end it so the can now work you on price until you get so insane frustrated upset you just want him and the house to go away. That’s what they count on.

Call and consult a lawyer

Last edited by Electrician4you; 09-27-2019 at 11:30 PM..

Old 09-28-2019, 02:05 AM

40 posts, read 16,459 times
I had a similar issue a few years ago, little interest and agent wanting to drop the price a lot. Once I changed from the original agent that had listed for 4 months, I got 2 offers within a week with the new agent and sold for just below original list price.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate