Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 10:54 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,870,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
too Late. Let Their Agent Pay If He/she Failed To Add It To The Closing Costs.
Exactly.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2008, 11:03 PM

1,151 posts, read 2,994,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So if someone gets up and leaves a swimming pool in the back yard, you think its ok for them to come 5 weeks after closing and claim ownership of it, oooh I forgot I had a pool in the back yard.
A pool is a fixture. It conveys with the land.

Old 06-12-2008, 11:05 PM

10,965 posts, read 21,993,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin-Willy View Post
A pool is a fixture. It conveys with the land.
What if it's an above ground pool?

Old 06-12-2008, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
this is a sale and transfer of assets and you very clearly have till x day to retreive your assets (day of closing or negotiated day) or its abandoned..
Source?

Old 06-12-2008, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
it's not like they called to ask to come get the car key they had hidden under the fourth rock, in the left hand flower bed, in the back yard, that in the mess of moving they failed to retrieve.
How is this different? It's not like a couch that they had to walk around to get out the door.

Old 06-12-2008, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I was curious how many weeks Willy feels someone could come back & ask for restitution ?
It doesn't matter how many weeks I think, it's a question of what the law is. At least to people who care about what the law is, and not just what they think it should be.

Old 06-13-2008, 12:22 AM

28,115 posts, read 63,692,777 times
Quote:
It doesn't matter how many weeks I think, it's a question of what the law is. At least to people who care about what the law is, and not just what they think it should be.
As stated, I'm perfectly willing to represent myself in court as Buyer should the Seller decide to pursue legal action... I've never lost in court... but, hey... anything can a happen...

I would also file a cross complaint seeking a price reduction from the purchase price should an award be granted... and request the Seller, at Seller's expense retrieve said oil at a time and date convenient and only for the number of gallons the Seller has proved in court... I don't take kindly to trespassing and would request a secondary order for civil Standby from the Court

Here is another cliché... Time is of the Essence...

I'm certain the likelihood of this happening in California is extremely remote... The California Department of Realtor's standard Purchase Agreement and Deposit Receipt contains language addressing the disposition of all person property at the time of possession... obviously, this isn't the case here...

Last edited by Ultrarunner; 06-13-2008 at 12:33 AM..

Old 06-13-2008, 01:00 AM

28,115 posts, read 63,692,777 times
Quote:
Again, abaondonment requires intent. And the law discourages the finding that something has been abandoned, so typically the intent has to be pretty clear.
I disagree... and again this is only from my experience in California...

I'm reluctant to use the car example... but since it has already been introduced... I will proceed.

I've acquired title for vehicles left on property I own.

In one case, the registered owner had no intention to abandon his vehicle... I called the police abandoned vehicle detail and learned the vehicle was not reported stolen so the police would not remove it since it was on private property.

I went to the DMV and filed a notice Abandoned Vehicle Claim and 2 months later received title...

Turns out the Registered Owner was in Jail for probation violations in another State and had no intention to Abandon this vehicle... instead it was Abandoned by circumstance if you will...

No Court Action was required... only proof of proper notice sent to the Registered Owners Last Known Address and a Stolen Vehicle Clearance.

Old 06-13-2008, 01:05 AM

1,440 posts, read 4,418,683 times
Ok, to clarify how Pennsylvania contracts deal with this.....from the standard agreement of sale forms....

Section 4 - Fixtures and Personal Property (full list not included in this post))
  • (a) .....INCLUDED in this sale are all items permanently installed in the property, free of liens, including..........any remaining heating and cooking fuels remaining on the property at the time of settlement ...unless otherwise stated.
  • (b) LEASED items (not owned by seller)__________________
  • (c) EXCLUDED fixtures and items_________________
According to a PA contract, the oil is clearly included at the time of settlement. However, if it was to be excluded, this would have been dealt with in section 4c in whatever terms were agreed upon. For me, that's the final word. Your state's regs may be different but I bet it's dealt with somewhere.

Old 06-13-2008, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazzwell View Post
Ok, to clarify how Pennsylvania contracts deal with this.....from the standard agreement of sale forms....

Section 4 - Fixtures and Personal Property (full list not included in this post))
  • (a) .....INCLUDED in this sale are all items permanently installed in the property, free of liens, including..........any remaining heating and cooking fuels remaining on the property at the time of settlement ...unless otherwise stated.
  • (b) LEASED items (not owned by seller)__________________
  • (c) EXCLUDED fixtures and items_________________
According to a PA contract, the oil is clearly included at the time of settlement. However, if it was to be excluded, this would have been dealt with in section 4c in whatever terms were agreed upon. For me, that's the final word. Your state's regs may be different but I bet it's dealt with somewhere.
The OP has stated that the contract does not mention heating oil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate