Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 08:38 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times

Advertisements

Thanks Sara! Looked like a classy camp!

Thanks for all your ideas, I copied them down so I can refer back. I like the idea o the cornices, so i am thinking I need t get some panels and get some inspiration before I buy paint. It is kind of a blank slate. I did take some things down from the mantle..

What should I put up there instead of a family pic...i could swap it out with a pretty big mirror, decorative...i could try that and see....will report..

ok chat later..

Old 07-27-2009, 09:36 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
Hey NJ you started a big one on your business card thread..now there is an 'agent' over there that shows 200-300 houses A WEEK..LMAO

Old 07-27-2009, 09:40 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Hey NJ you started a big one on your business card thread..now there is an 'agent' over there that shows 200-300 houses A WEEK..LMAO

I saw that Barb! She is over the top..............It's funny though how long it got lol.......took on a life of it's own!

Old 07-27-2009, 09:48 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Hey NJ, any news on your counter offer? Texas,glad your bathroom reno is going so well. Lacey, how are you? Lorrie, good to see your still around. Crazyma, how's it going? Hammy, how are you feeling? Painter, did the realtor ever show up?
I just wrote a big post...now poof, it's gone.

He walked. Said he couldn't go any higher than 280. Well we couldn't go any LOWER!! We came down 23,000! wth. I am sick of people. Of course trying to talk to the clueless realtor was a joke.. You think she would have shot back at the other realtor...with anything............*try to earn your commission!)but nope...she said the other realtor said he was going onto the next house----------across the street! Same shat. Different day.Same price I surmise. She said she is sure since our neighbors put it up last week on the market that they won't go too low.
We just lowered our price to 304,900 now. Of course it will take Ms. clueless the whole day to put it in-----no wait, the secretary will be doing it. She admitted she does NOT know HOW to use A COMPUTER!. (let me at her)..............I told her if he couldn't go any higher than 280 why waste our time in that he prob. wasn;t preapproved even for more than 280! what a joke. I will give it 3 more weeks. If we get no bites then it's going FSBO and we will break the contract...somehow someway!

On a good note, it was our 7 year. wedding anniversary today.........
Have a good night all. I am exhausted!!
Hope you are all doing well. I will catch up on your posts tomorrow. Tex how is that bR coming along?

Old 07-27-2009, 09:58 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
thanks everyone! will try to check in on vacation. hope everyone stays well! xoxo

and i will try to stay away from any elk, moose, mountain lions, bears......!!!
Have a great VACATION!!!!

Old 07-27-2009, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post

He walked. Said he couldn't go any higher than 280. Well we couldn't go any LOWER!! We came down 23,000! wth. I am sick of people. Of course trying to talk to the clueless realtor was a joke.. You think she would have shot back at the other realtor...with anything............*try to earn your commission!)but nope...she said the other realtor said he was going onto the next house----------across the street! Same shat. Different day.Same price I surmise. She said she is sure since our neighbors put it up last week on the market that they won't go too low.
We just lowered our price to 304,900 now. Of course it will take Ms. clueless the whole day to put it in-----no wait, the secretary will be doing it. She admitted she does NOT know HOW to use A COMPUTER!. (let me at her)..............I told her if he couldn't go any higher than 280 why waste our time in that he prob. wasn;t preapproved even for more than 280! what a joke. I will give it 3 more weeks. If we get no bites then it's going FSBO and we will break the contract...somehow someway!

Hope you are all doing well. I will catch up on your posts tomorrow. Tex how is that bR coming along?
I fell asleep and just woke up!! I will be up all night priming!!! Just thought I would check in.

If I were you I would set up a meeting with your dumba$$ realtor's manager! Or actually, I would just show up at the office and tell him/her, WHY you want out of the contract, listing all the reasons, esp. the SS crap. See what they have to say... Couldn't hurt.

Old 07-27-2009, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Thanks Sara! Looked like a classy camp!

Thanks for all your ideas, I copied them down so I can refer back. I like the idea o the cornices, so i am thinking I need t get some panels and get some inspiration before I buy paint. It is kind of a blank slate. I did take some things down from the mantle..

What should I put up there instead of a family pic...i could swap it out with a pretty big mirror, decorative...i could try that and see....will report..

ok chat later..
I actually like the family portrait above the mantle. But have you ever considered mounting your flat screen up there? My neighbors has theirs mounted over the fireplace and it looks great. They have a small shelf below it to place the boxes on. You could put a small computer desk in the niche. I do agree that the mantle was too busy...just a few pillar candles on each end is sufficient.

Old 07-27-2009, 10:30 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,046,770 times
Quote:
I saw that Barb! She is over the top..............It's funny though how long it got lol.......took on a life of it's own!
Totally mutating and God only knows where it'll go from here LOL

Quote:
I just wrote a big post...now poof, it's gone. Same thing here - rebooted computer, everything. Took me 10 minutes just to get to CD - every other page loaded quick. Grrr.

We just lowered our price to 304,900 now. Of course it will take Ms. clueless the whole day to put it in-----no wait, the secretary will be doing it. She admitted she does NOT know HOW to use A COMPUTER!. (let me at her)..............I told her if he couldn't go any higher than 280 why waste our time in that he prob. wasn;t preapproved even for more than 280! what a joke. I will give it 3 more weeks. If we get no bites then it's going FSBO and we will break the contract...somehow someway! Hey sorry about the offer and the woman doesn't even know how to use a computer? How can anyone in this biz nowadays NOT know how to use one?? And yeah, if he can't go any higher why did you have to waste your time on crap like that? Doesn't anyone pre-approve their clients anymore or am I living in a fantasy land? That just blows.

Congrats! (and I'll bet you are exhausted) LOL

So Ma, tried to rep you on your weiner post. Thought I was going to choke - any gray poupon? Then SF posting professional response then says, well have to go find Ma some mustard LMAO I swear society is declining 'cause no one has a frickin' sense of humor anymore.

Tex so glad you were able to rotate with someone so now you won't kill yourself. Can't wait to hear how bathroom turns out and what happens with buyers!

Stoy enjoy your vacation! You're gonna have soooo much fun!

Tambre, talk to you soon and hope you're having a good evening girl.

Everyone else Happy Trails! I'm dog tired and gonna head on in to bed. So windy last night I kept waking up because of huge gusts of wind - so tired this morning, maybe I already talked about this. If so, never mind (See DM, not just you) Nighty night campers. Yawn!

Old 07-27-2009, 10:59 PM

311 posts, read 915,924 times
Quote:

::::: DUCKING MAH HEAD::::: CRAP JOY! I thought it was legit that someone was showing that many houses in a week?? LOLOL Thats what I GET for staying away for a few days, DANG I gotta go TRIPLE time to keep up with you girls! I got started reading on the business card thing and then got away from it. I HONESTLY TRY to leave one at each house, but I rarely wear anything but slacks and sometimes they just dont have pockets, so lets see, I gota jiggle my showing sheets, my keys, my active key, my pen, my cell phone and oh yah, my business cards too...sometimes it just doesnt happen! If I remember before I get totally away, I will sometimes stick one in the door under the weather stripping. In my listings, I like to pick them up, note on them when the agent showed the hosue and then if I have a price reduction, I will call them or email them and let them know, so for that reason I do like to have a card. Of course, if I was REALLY as organized as I should be, I could put the showing appointments, feedback records on a spreadsheet and then it wouldnt matter if I had a card or not. Someday....I am gonna get there

Still no contract on my water listing...the #$@%&@ buyer wants the boat and the house for $203K...the boat/motor/lift was purchased brand new in 05 for almost $27,000...que sera sera..we will see what tomorrow brings.

STOY...HAVE A BALL on your vacation!

Barb...a mirror above FP might be good...its just that the family pic is so prominent..and folks will be looking at your good looking smiling faces, trying to figure out if they know you....depends on what the mirror is reflecting back...I like the idea of the tv over the FP too...if it would work. Cant wait to see how you do it up!

Off to see the sandman, I am BEAT...niters all

Old 07-28-2009, 05:54 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,148,944 times
Quote:

NJ...Sorry about your counter offer falling through. The buyer sounds like he's looking for someone who is desperate to take advantage of, which pisses me off, but hey, if someone is desperate, they might be greatful for the lowball. That's the way things are these days. Your house is a serious bargain at $304,900. I think FSBO might be the way to go for all of us in this market. Hope your agent doesn't give you a hard time about getting out of the contract.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate