Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 08:36 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,062 times

Advertisements

good morning campers. all i can say is, ugghhhh.... hope my mom enjoys her lunch today with her hungover daughter......

Old 07-26-2009, 08:55 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,048,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Driving down NJ Parkway tonite and saw a man and woman on side of the road..Guy was changing a flat tire...Well, I glanced over and saw a woman next to him..............holy shat.... the lady had freaking full beard..I am talking like Abe Lincoln... I couldn't even speak and looked over at my husband in amazement and no words came out LOL> He had the same look on his face and I said, "did you see that woman? It was a bearded lady LOL>>>>>> and we both died laughing...He said yep, same thing that he saw! LOLIt was like something from the Geico commercials LOL>

That is the highlight of my night after this shtty day.
OMG that's hysterical and DM the pic you posted so we could see "Leslie-The Queen of Austin" had me laughing so hard thought I'd choke. I was joking around one day with someone and my assistant was there and I asked her if she had ever seen the Rocky Horror Picture Show before - of course, sweet Panamanian girl, still lives at home until she gets married, so she said no - she'd never heard of it before. So I gave her the whole low down about it, being interactive (thowing toast at the screen etc.) then pulled up a pic of Tim Curry in full drag. She just goes OMG and chuckles (albiet with a bit of horror in her laugh) seeing him in his fishnet stockings, etc. First time she said BS, I almost fell out of my chair because when she first came to work for me she was naive, quiet etc. and now 2+ years later she's saying things like "well Joy, that's just BS". I'm sure Madre Numero Uno (mother number one - I'm number 2) loves the 'education' I'm giving her daughter LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Super Crazyma camping in NC circa 1981

don't ask , I don't know why, this just was LOLAttachment 45945

whee those were the days- running wild through the hills, howling at the moon at night around the campfire, splashing in freezing mountain cricks
Yee HAW
Ah, ma, that pic was nostalgic - though at least we're keeping the old traditions and handing them down through the generations

DM - that pic of the 3 dogs scared me someone needs to get them a set of braces or something. Looked like they were 'extras' on the movie Deliverence LOL

NJ - why not start a thread and see what kind-of responses you get? Of course we know there's a lot of abrasive ppl out there, but I think especially posting the whole story or at least 'Reader's Digest' version - you could write a frickin' book LOL, including advising you go SS etc, but could be some interesting feedback - and I'd still have a talk with agent and MB.

Ma's right that you could throw out a counter but IF (cause with your looney tune agent who knows), but IF he IS putting in same offers on every house he sees/likes that might simply be his 'number'. And just because a BA says things they really shouldn't with a signed BA contract, doesn't mean some don't breach the confidentiality clause. Here, you wouldn't BELIEVE the information LAs have given me before - including the seller's bottom line. Wouldn't be so bad if non-exclusive listing, but I've had them do it when they actually did have an exclusive and we ALL know that's a huge no-no under an exclusive right to sell.

So my day is working on building web pages on a development I secured - one where i posted was going out of town for a day or so that is in another area of the Province (I already have their small project in Boquete). AND, Fingers crossed as I'll know for sure later in the week, but I'm 'THIS' close to getting exclusive on a development I've wanted since I opened. Gorgeous, great inventory and not in direct competition with my existing developer client in Boquete. One thing I assure developers is that if they list their entire project with us I won't accept one that's in direct competion with theirs - fortunately the one here in Boquete I have and his huge one in another area, does not cater to same clientele which means I can have both. Will be a huge coup if I can pull it off and about 98% sure we'll be signing later this week 'cause no major parts of my proposal he objected to - just need to tweak a couple of things.

I'll pop back in later and say howdy!

Old 07-26-2009, 12:28 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,275,534 times
bump!

Old 07-26-2009, 01:22 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,149,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
good morning campers. all i can say is, ugghhhh.... hope my mom enjoys her lunch today with her hungover daughter......
Feel better Stoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
First guy liked it, the neighbor next door brought out fresh brocolli and gave it to him, so that was nice...and then we got another call and my cousin showed it to a lady just driving through. wow would be nice to get it sold and move on..its such a nice place...in a good location and not a lot of mobiles for sale around there...fingers crossed campers!
Would love to hear you have a quick sale! Good luck, fingers crossed

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Dogmom - 2 showing in aday, wow! Hope you unload it quickly so you can just forget the place even sits there.

Okay, THE agent never appeared, called or emailed today. She is no longer a possiblility, geeze. BUT I found an Broker/agent today that is surprising. Caught her in her office this a.m., she said will get back to you later, and lo and behold SHE DID! Returned to her office and called me, talked for a very very long time and she will be coming out MON with a contract for me to sign. Can not believe she used up her Sat. doing CMA, searches ect. on my place. A GOOD SIGN, YEP?
It's fricking unbelievable that the other realtor didn't even call you. This one sounds like a keeper.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:34 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,398 times
Hi Tambre, Taken' abit of a break, have been "scrubbin' the joint clean today, no more doggy smells here, no sirree! Yep my old fartty agent hasn't came out for the sings, here or the house I closed on 4 weeks ago may just have to toss them into the burn pile. Then the agent (Joy) that came out last Tues., whom I did really like, has not been back either, guess she doesn't want the listing. So now I found this new one and we have everything done except signing the agreement and getting back on the MLS oh and of course TO SELL THIS DANG PLACE!!! So anyway I have just lost another week on the market and soon schools will be starting and all that jazz. BUT I will have areal clean house...........I will hurt anyone that walks in with mud, muck or horse manure!
And how are you doing, lol?

Old 07-26-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Hi Tambre, Taken' abit of a break, have been "scrubbin' the joint clean today, no more doggy smells here, no sirree! Yep my old fartty agent hasn't came out for the sings, here or the house I closed on 4 weeks ago may just have to toss them into the burn pile. Then the agent (Joy) that came out last Tues., whom I did really like, has not been back either, guess she doesn't want the listing. So now I found this new one and we have everything done except signing the agreement and getting back on the MLS oh and of course TO SELL THIS DANG PLACE!!! So anyway I have just lost another week on the market and soon schools will be starting and all that jazz. BUT I will have areal clean house...........I will hurt anyone that walks in with mud, muck or horse manure!
And how are you doing, lol?

Wow, I can't believe the crappy r.e. agents you have run into. Same with NJ...geeze, unprofessional, and just plain irresponsible, to the max. My agent is a sweetheart, and after reading about what you all are going through, I feel extra fortunate to have signed with her. She always calls back, and she always tries to get feedback. So, when are you going to find out what the comps are like? That should be very interesting. When does school start in Florida? Here in NY it's usually the first week of Sept. and ends the last week in June.

I think my 'tude about this whole r.e. thing is currently in need of adjustment, and thank god for the funny posts on here to help keep it all in perspective. C21's great pics, bearded ladies on the NJT..Austin drag queens, Crazyma making a Madonna- goes- camping fashion statement, buck-toothed pooches, all so funny. That cruise sounds wonderful. Things are too up in the air for me to make any commitments, but wish I could go.

It's hot and muggy here today. We just went out and bought a few bags of mulch for the gardens. I'll try to post a picture, although last night's thunderstorms and the deer have put a damper on the flowers. There is a momma and two spotted fawns that are eating them, along with the plethora of rabbits and groundhogs.

I've been bleaching the grout in the kitchen, and washing the screens and windows, and some of the siding. Mowed the lawn and weed wacked yesterday. Bob is putting new railings on the deck, and replacing some boards that were getting old. Need to go food shopping, too. That's about it. We're traveling to MO this week. We have to paint the exterior of the garage/apt. It's covered with that preprimed hardy cement plank siding. Painter, do you have any suggestions about what is the best kind of exterior paint to use?

Old 07-26-2009, 02:03 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,048,591 times
Quote:

Okay, THE agent never appeared, called or emailed today. She is no longer a possiblility, geeze. BUT I found an Broker/agent today that is surprising. Caught her in her office this a.m., she said will get back to you later, and lo and behold SHE DID! Returned to her office and called me, talked for a very very long time and she will be coming out MON with a contract for me to sign. Can not believe she used up her Sat. doing CMA, searches ect. on my place. A GOOD SIGN, YEP?
OMG - just fell off my chair in shock Got all distracted by the pics posted and didn't see this until other campers started responding. Actually said she would call you back then DID call you back, then went to her office for a nice long chat and ran CMA's? Are we in some parallel dimension or something where people actually DO what they say they will????? Uh oh, think I'm going to faint

Old 07-26-2009, 03:24 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,374,728 times
OK....I got a call today from my realtor...She was showing a house today and found out there is a buyer that is perfect for my house--the buyer wants a 2 bedroom. The kicker is she wants to see it by Wed at the LATEST! My bathroom is in shambles! I skim coated the entire bathroom today. Tomorrow when I get off work I have to prime and paint all day without any sleep because I work Tues and Wed night.

WHY DID I START A REMODEL---WTH IS WRONG WITH ME?!?!?!?

Old 07-26-2009, 03:27 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,374,728 times
Here is Leslie! He is proud of his looks and actually sells magnets of himself in different outfits! He actually ran for Mayor of Austin a while back. He is a loud voice against the Austin Police Dept. Now Joy...try to maintain control!!!

Moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 05:19 AM..

Old 07-26-2009, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Here is Leslie! He is proud of his looks and actually sells magnets of himself in different outfits! He actually ran for Mayor of Austin a while back. He is a loud voice against the Austin Police Dept. Now Joy...try to maintain control!!!

OMG, how many recreational drugs do you need to take to become Leslie! Hey, at least he has high self esteem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate