Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 04:30 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,048,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^C21 ,TEX ,STOY.................
thank you for excellent advice girlfriends!! You always have my back.

Sadly, we did get an offer..........................Get your puke bucket out...It's WORSE than the 1st offer...264,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WE AREN'T the only ones he made an offer to.

I just want to lay down and cry. It gets better. Agent tells me he looked at 6 homes and put the SAME EXACT OFFER AMT. in to the other homes. wtf. He doesn't care obviously. I wasted 4 hrs. of our time for 2 days straight.

I am so mad I want to spit bullets. I told the realtor don't insult us. and on top he wants another 10k for closing costs. I told realtor to tell him to bite me.
Would someone just shoot me now?
OK - send this to her (hope our mod is 'understanding' of the special circumstances) because if it was known this jerk was making the same lowball offers on EVERY house Actually, there is one that I REALLY wanted to post but know I'd get in trouble - I'll DM you with it

Old 07-25-2009, 04:34 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,048,591 times
OK - now I have to leave to go to that bday party that I'm looking forward to UNLESS some jerk is there who wants to talk about BS. Guess we'll see - NJ check your DM. I sent you what I REALLY wanted to post; can still send to your, gag, puke, agent.

Old 07-25-2009, 04:59 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
OK - send this to her (hope our mod is 'understanding' of the special circumstances) because if it was known this jerk was making the same lowball offers on EVERY house Actually, there is one that I REALLY wanted to post but know I'd get in trouble - I'll DM you with it

See, you made me smile in the midst of these mother ****ers. Go and have fun at your party C...check in later girl. Thanks for that dm LOL>>>>>>>>>>>>

WHY DON'T I JUST PUT A SIGN ON MY ARSE SAYING IT'S FREE.

Old 07-25-2009, 05:02 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,185,354 times
NJ- Now this is only my opinion.......you don't really KNOW what he did or didn't do- make YOUR agent WORK and counter with what IS acceptable to you. IF he DID make the same $$ offer on 6 houses, and ALL six of you tell'em to Kiss IT....then he may not buy anything....and no one gets sold. For one thing , he may be looking to see who is 'desperate' and will take a percieved lowball, ...
and then he may be anticipating offers back from SOMEONE, ANYONE, more within a 'reasonable' range. I would be willing to bet what he has qualified for is more than this initial offer.

IMHO if you really want to prove your 'point', call him on it and COUNTER offer. It will at least give him something to think about........and give your wacky agent something 'constructive' to do- cuz she WILL have to present it back LOL

Old 07-25-2009, 05:46 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,275,534 times
NJ, I am with Cma...call his bluff..he might just be tossing a 'number' out there. Who knows what people think anymore..go for it, call his bluff..

Nascar race on tonight, I like the night races...big kid is coming out tomorrow instead of today so while i was napping a bit earlier, DP moved some of the furniture...will finish tomorrow..now it looks really bare by the tv..this place needs paint and window fashions..needs lots of fashion.

Ok, eating my lean cuisine..what an exciting Sat night...

Oh, someone was going to look at the mobile home at 4 today, waiting for my cousin who is acting as our 'agent' lol to call..

oh there she is, be back...

Old 07-25-2009, 06:23 PM

First guy liked it, the neighbor next door brought out fresh brocolli and gave it to him, so that was nice...and then we got another call and my cousin showed it to a lady just driving through. wow would be nice to get it sold and move on..its such a nice place...in a good location and not a lot of mobiles for sale around there...fingers crossed campers!

Old 07-25-2009, 07:10 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,398 times
Hey all, Hows it? An uneventful day here, did not get ANYTHING accomplished because I was yakkin' on the phone almost the whole day!!

NJ, Man o' Man thats rough! I would do as C21 says Head down to the broker's office MON. and ream them a new ahole to stick the contract in! First send in a firm and final counter offer and make the boochy mamma work abit.

Dogmom - 2 showing in aday, wow! Hope you unload it quickly so you can just forget the place even sits there.

Okay, THE agent never appeared, called or emailed today. She is no longer a possiblility, geeze. BUT I found an Broker/agent today that is surprising. Caught her in her office this a.m., she said will get back to you later, and lo and behold SHE DID! Returned to her office and called me, talked for a very very long time and she will be coming out MON with a contract for me to sign. Can not believe she used up her Sat. doing CMA, searches ect. on my place. A GOOD SIGN, YEP?

Old 07-25-2009, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Hey all, Hows it? An uneventful day here, did not get ANYTHING accomplished because I was yakkin' on the phone almost the whole day!!

NJ, Man o' Man thats rough! I would do as C21 says Head down to the broker's office MON. and ream them a new ahole to stick the contract in! First send in a firm and final counter offer and make the boochy mamma work abit.

Dogmom - 2 showing in aday, wow! Hope you unload it quickly so you can just forget the place even sits there.

Okay, THE agent never appeared, called or emailed today. She is no longer a possiblility, geeze. BUT I found an Broker/agent today that is surprising. Caught her in her office this a.m., she said will get back to you later, and lo and behold SHE DID! Returned to her office and called me, talked for a very very long time and she will be coming out MON with a contract for me to sign. Can not believe she used up her Sat. doing CMA, searches ect. on my place. A GOOD SIGN, YEP?
Painter, yes that is a good sign, sounds like an agent who is INTERESTED in helping you...hope it works out for you girlfriend...your time is near, I just KNOW it.

Yeah, I hope we get the cottage sold, nothing wrong with it, just time for us to let it go to someone new...DP and I were just saying IF we sell it we will fly up there, do the paperwork at the county, easy to sell a mobile home, then rent a trailer one way and we have our truck up there and empty it out...will get a storage unit here until we dispense of the sofa, etc.. that are still there...

Have a good evening campers, thinking about heading out for some ice cream..maybe...i have to get dressed again:/

Old 07-25-2009, 08:10 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,374,728 times
NJ: I agree with C'ma and Barb...Anne, you need to counter him and make the agent work. Let him know in your counter that you mean business with your listed price!

Barb: I feel good about the lookers at the mobile park! C'mon sell, so we can sail on the high seas together!!

Painter: That new agent sounds promising.

On a side note, my realtor wants to hold an open house after all this time with NO lookers, no offers--does she have ESP--my bathroom is in shambles. I still need to skim coat, prime and paint walls and trim, then hang chair rail and mirror and my cabinet, towel racks. Painter...with all that to do...how long do you think it would take me...how many days of work am I looking at?

Joy: I am dying to see the pic you posted...but can't view images here at work

Old 07-25-2009, 08:57 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,659 times
Hey Crazy and co. I will give it a whirl tomorrow but she kept telling me that his realtor said he wants the cheapest way out---and he has NO MONEY DOWN whatsoever ....and don't forget the closing costs LOL>.. I will call tomorrow BUT I believe she said she was going to go back and say we were too insulted lol...........the way she spoke etc...ugh.

Painter- you are right..this realtor sucks then throw a dipshat buyer into it........Make her work lol....she doesn't know what that 4 letter word means!! !
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
NJ- Now this is only my opinion.......you don't really KNOW what he did or didn't do- make YOUR agent WORK and counter with what IS acceptable to you. IF he DID make the same $$ offer on 6 houses, and ALL six of you tell'em to Kiss IT....then he may not buy anything....and no one gets sold. For one thing , he may be looking to see who is 'desperate' and will take a percieved lowball, ...
and then he may be anticipating offers back from SOMEONE, ANYONE, more within a 'reasonable' range. I would be willing to bet what he has qualified for is more than this initial offer.

IMHO if you really want to prove your 'point', call him on it and COUNTER offer. It will at least give him something to think about........and give your wacky agent something 'constructive' to do- cuz she WILL have to present it back LOL

[QUOTEOn a side note, my realtor wants to hold an open house after all this time with NO lookers, no offers--does she have ESP--my bathroom is in shambles. I still need to skim coat, prime and paint walls and trim, then hang chair rail and mirror and my cabinet, towel racks. Painter...with all that to do...how long do you think it would take me...how many days of work am I looking at?

][/quote]
TEX- I would tell her to WAIT for YOU until it's completely finished...Make her work around you Tex.. You work and are busy..

Last edited by njsocks; 07-25-2009 at 09:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate