Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 02:36 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,374,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
January 9, 2010 7 days and nights..

Carnival Liberty Cruise Ship, Carnival Liberty Reviews - Carnival Cruise Lines

I am seriously giving some thought to going on this cruise with Tex and her sister! Anyone care to join us...??

A week on the open sea...fun, sun, food, drinks, more fun...some great ports and some good old girl time!

Sails out of Miami, which is a beautiful port, goes to Carnival's private island for a day, Half Moon Cay, then on to St. Thomas, USVI, San Juan, P.R. and Grand Turk, with a couple sea days in there...

Anyway, thought if anyone else was interested we could bunk up and save some serious money..so inside cabin with 4 passengers...including fare, port charges and taxes would be 1,747.60 which is like $440 pp.

Can always go to an outside or even balcony for slightly more per person.

Anyway, just tossing it out there, I am still not sure if I can do it, but we have time to mull it over!
Here is the itinerary for anyone "thinking" about going with us!!
Carnival Cruise Lines

Old 07-24-2009, 02:41 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,048,591 times
Popped in real quick to say hi then back the the grindstone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Nj happy anniversary, hope you win big!!!
Tex do you also say 'tennies' (for sneakers)? definitely culture shock when i moved from Pa to Tx at the age of 7. but was treated like a weirdo when i moved back to Pa when i was 10. but never said Pop or Tennies!!
Im not able to go on that cruise since i work in a school and cant take that many days off
I say 'tennies' - people don't know what the heck I'm talking about and . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Stoy-I get looked at weirdly when I say "soda" and out here everything they refer to as "so cute" (cute drawn out-LOL). I have a hard time at times understanding the accent but I guess I srump them with my NYC/NJ accent.
I say 'soda' as well, so there ya have it

So that's my daily afternoon contribution. See ya later

Old 07-24-2009, 02:49 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,398 times
Just dropped in to see whats up...You all have fun on the cruise, me the only crusin' I want to do is in a truck! Sitting here waiting on the agent to call with numbers, she said she would let me know today around lunch, hmmm guess its lunch somewhere, right? Not doing well waiting, I dont have the patiences for it. The folks that bought the ds houses has friends interested in mine, hope they like it enough to drive up and make an offer. Not holding my breath though, ya know? Here is a news flash though, todays paper's headlines------Real Estate on the recovery here, says for the 1st time in 5 yrs that they had 3 months in a row of improved sales in resale houses, April, May and June. Now last week every agent I spoke to said they thought that we had hit bottom and was leveling out and that they were seeing more interest and movement. Well then wtF is my buyers???

later

Old 07-24-2009, 03:43 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Painter hold off if they have someone-you could FSBO!

Tex raise your price.

Sorry gang no cruises for this landlubber.

Old 07-24-2009, 04:27 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,374,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Tex raise your price.
I would love to Lacey, but I haven't even received ONE single offer at my price.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Just dropped in to see whats up...You all have fun on the cruise, me the only crusin' I want to do is in a truck! Sitting here waiting on the agent to call with numbers, she said she would let me know today around lunch, hmmm guess its lunch somewhere, right? Not doing well waiting, I dont have the patiences for it. The folks that bought the ds houses has friends interested in mine, hope they like it enough to drive up and make an offer. Not holding my breath though, ya know? Here is a news flash though, todays paper's headlines------Real Estate on the recovery here, says for the 1st time in 5 yrs that they had 3 months in a row of improved sales in resale houses, April, May and June. Now last week every agent I spoke to said they thought that we had hit bottom and was leveling out and that they were seeing more interest and movement. Well then wtF is my buyers???

later
I'd say where the is your 'new' agent. Just saw and posted on the other thread. What a lame ass - first appointment for a listing and not even a call 'postponing'? WTF is that about?

Old 07-24-2009, 07:18 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,062 times
c21, what other thread?

Old 07-24-2009, 07:22 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,398 times
Called the agent to "remind" her about our appt. She called back and left a msg on the machine that she was still showing properties to someone, been all day with them and still had a couple to go, yep at 7:30 p.m., she says well at least I am showing and I will get with you tomorrow. Sorry ---- so............. As to the couple interested I will list them on any contract so IF they come thru I won't pay the commission but I would pay for a person to handle the legalities of it. Just cant win for losing here gals............Have a good evenin' heading to do some reading, a real book in hand, lol.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Called the agent to "remind" her about our appt. She called back and left a msg on the machine that she was still showing properties to someone, been all day with them and still had a couple to go, yep at 7:30 p.m., she says well at least I am showing and I will get with you tomorrow. Sorry ---- so............. As to the couple interested I will list them on any contract so IF they come thru I won't pay the commission but I would pay for a person to handle the legalities of it. Just cant win for losing here gals............Have a good evenin' heading to do some reading, a real book in hand, lol.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:50 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,275,534 times
Gee Painter, that's not a good omen..I think there is just a general lack of common sense and courtesy, not just r.e. agents, but in life..

I had a day of doing nothing girls..nothing, nada, zip. I am sooo bored but feel crappy so I guess bored and crappy go together..Maybe instead of being dogmom I should be bored and crappy, lol.

Dogpaw said someone called him today about the place in WA, was interested in looking at it so gave him my cousin's number and she can show them the place next week. He told Carl he liked that it was near the golf course..fingers crossed girls..would love to sell it so we can get some landscaping in here...prayers appreciated!

We were supposed to have thunderstorms here today, hot and muggy, nothing doing though..my sis in NW IL is getting pounded right now so I am watching the NWS radar and giving her reports, not like she can't look out her window..lol...That's how we roll lol!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate