Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 08:44 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Good Luck with your counter offer NJ. Hope he sees the light (and more importantly, coughs up the cash).
THANK YOU TAMBRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You and me both sister!
Quote:
ROFLMAO!!!! OMG..that is the funniest picture I have seen in a LONG TIME
You girls are toooooo much!
lol jody- omg- CHECK OUT THE bearded lady story of mine from yesterday!. All these bearded lady pics are damn funny.

LACEY-omg. You made me lmao about is the circus in town this weekend?!LOL>>>>>>>>>>>

Old 07-26-2009, 09:39 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,048,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post

C21-lol thanks on my thread. Hmmm...interesting....
Geesh, I need to get one of these 'cause I'm beat after showing 200-300 houses this week. Guess I need to take tips from these super agents and use a teleporter LOL

Old 07-26-2009, 10:00 PM

Well campers since I actually reside on the planet earth and don't have no dang teleporters I'm tired so gonna hit the sack. Tomorrow should be interesting to say the least.

Old 07-26-2009, 10:17 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,275,534 times
Jody, that is a beautiful house..the only thing I can see 'wrong' is it is a little cluttered, for my taste anyway, but that view and the kitchen are beautiful...if i were in Elkhart and were buying I would buy it in a lick, my dogs would love that water!

Old 07-26-2009, 10:28 PM

Hey now remember all you campers who are needing some time off and R&R Tex is going on that wonderful Carnival Cruise January 9 from MIAMI, 7 days and nights of fun and sun..and a few cocktails and pool boys thrown in for the heck of it...I am still thinking of going too...we need to make it Carnival Camp!

Old 07-26-2009, 10:48 PM

Anne, it almost sounds like you could get the deal done if he comes back again with better counter, sounds like he does like your house best! I just feel it in my old bones that my friends here are going to be selling soon. If I could make it happen, I would.

You are all the best..

Old 07-26-2009, 11:31 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,272,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Here is Leslie! He is proud of his looks and actually sells magnets of himself in different outfits! He actually ran for Mayor of Austin a while back. He is a loud voice against the Austin Police Dept. Now Joy...try to maintain control!!!
Has he ever been arrested for indecent exposure? If not, he should be. Ick.

Texas,
If you click on my name, a little menu should come up. Click on "Visit Niki's homepage" to get to my blog.

Last edited by Niki; 07-26-2009 at 11:40 PM..

Old 07-27-2009, 05:22 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,149,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Geesh, I need to get one of these 'cause I'm beat after showing 200-300 houses this week. Guess I need to take tips from these super agents and use a teleporter LOL
The only way to travel...lol, great pic.

Old 07-27-2009, 05:29 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,149,836 times
Jody, that house is amazing. I really love the river view from the four season room. What is the matter with your buyer...that sounds like a bargain to me! Hope he comes to his senses, and signs on the dotted line.

Old 07-27-2009, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyrose View Post
NJ, I hear your pain...I will share one of my drinks with you! You said a mouthful when you said HORNETS NEST going FSBO...as nutty as some of these buyers are you will need a boatload of RAID to get the deal done.

I still havent heard from my "buyers" and I really dont expect to...look at this view and tell me its not worth 200K...even in THIS market...
220 Marine Ave For Sale, Elkhart IN Real Estate

I am still scratching my head with wonder at this boat we are all in...bartender, bring me another round??
Good morning girl and you said it all about nutty buyers. I think the house is beautiful, the water looks as blue as the Caribbean, think furniture placed in appealing ways, a lot of glass for views (did I mention the water views everywhere?). I think it's priced very reasonably considering waterfront and a shame that so many buyers think everything should be priced same as a SS.

With this one buyer - only hang up is the boat. While I do completely agree with you and sellers that essentially they're already 'giving it away', how motivated are they to sell (don't know terms already agreed to) If this is the only thing holding up the sale and unless they are moving somewhere they'll be using it? Don't know whole situation but maybe if they can be even more flexible on the boat price end (yeah I know, cost of motor alone is more than the $$ buyer being an jerk about), it would go through (course again, don't know what they agreed to as far as sale price to begin with, etc. etc. etc.) just throwing out ideas here. Maybe, if they can, compromise a bit more . . . (but maybe they've done all the 'giving' they can to make it work and need the entire amount) so unless the buyer get's his head out of his A$$, then it won't go through.

If, God forbid after all the hours you've put in, it does not go through then a couple of comments/thoughts. Are you getting a lot of showings on it/people inquiring off listing on-line? Only reason I'm mentioning is the interior pictures look a little dark (know how challenging it is with a lot of glass/water reflection). But there are a few I would tweak with M photo manager to where some could be brightened up, then use contrast so the color of cabinets, countertops, furniture etc. really popped. Another idea if you're seeing buyers being stuck in 'low ball mode', is whether the sellers are 'attached' to the furniture? It's really nice stuff, at least I think so, and if they'd be willing to include some/all (unless sentimental value) might attract another type of buyer who wants either a 2nd/vacation get-a-way home and/or who wants to rent it out and reel them in at or close to full price for turn-key home? Heck maybe even a divorced guy who's ex kept all the furniture and furnished would clinch the deal?

I'll keep my fingers crossed this gets his act together 'cause it does seem like he's getting a great deal as it is - just with buyers you never know, literally, until you leave the closing table and funds have disbursed (learned that my very 1st closing in the states - what a frickin' nightmare that was)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate