Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 01:38 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
thanks for the compliments about the dress, i'll also wear it for a wedding in early september. there wont be any of the same guests from the wedding this sunday. who cares anyways.
Well i took up trail running this am!!! long story short, i went hiking on the AT (appalachian tr) this am. i dont hike alone like i used to, seen too many bears over the years. but this am i didnt want my fear to get the best of me. i planned on a 4 mile hike, no biggie, kept my eyes and ears open. got about 3 miles thru, on the home stretch when my dog stopped and picked up her nose. we were on small hill. i knew right away. saw a mother bear and one cub on the trail up ahead. i said F--- and ducked. picked my head up and i see her facing us, walking slowly towards us. (well maybe not slowly but i'd prefer to think that!) i take a couple of steps back with my dog close to me, turn around and run! i know you're not supposed to run from bears but there was no way i was gonna yell at it and try to make myself look bigger and scare it away. not a mother bear and not when i was downhill. i now had to backtrack the 3 miles i just came, terrified of another bear encounter! i think i am done hiking by myself for awhile!

Stoy you gotta be crazy a bit of fear is a good thing like in your case. Never do that again. BTW if i was as crazy as you I would have run also.lol

Old 06-25-2009, 01:43 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
I found Camp #5! I'm having another Open House on Sunday -- mostly for my realtor to network with other realtors. I, sadly, took a walk in the neighborhood, and did not realize all the foreclosures that are about to flood the market! I was in shock -- there were red signs on the doors, lawns unkempt, junk all over....if I can't get rid of this house this year, it looks like it will be years before I can move. I'm getting really stressed over it.

My weekend will consist of mowing, pruning, cutting weeds, raking, washing, cleaning...you know the drill! Then the dog goes into the car on Sunday, and I think I will stick around this Open House to point out different things around the property. I'm pooped. Every morning before work I dust and clean, and get everything set up....just in case a phone call comes in to have a buyer look.....Why doesn't that phone ring??

I'm reading the posts here but not a lot of time to post, myself. What a crazy camp this is!
Good luck with your open house. I also hope a buyer sees your home and falls in love with it. Are any of the foreclosures on your street.?

Old 06-25-2009, 01:50 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,062 times
i remember my brother had her (farrah fawcett's) poster in our loft bedroom when we were kids. i had john travolta's poster, i was only 5!
Lorrie, hiking is my passion. i've been hiking for 18 years, mostly by myself. this was my...5th bear encounter in Nj, havent seen any in Pa where i usually hike. so far, i'm always trying to be aware of any dangers. I think though, i'll stick to Pa for a while!

Old 06-25-2009, 03:52 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Stoy-OMG!

Lorrie thank you for the DM re the move here.

Wisteria-tough time to sell - ours is off July 1st but I'm e-mailing her tonight to please take sign/lockbox now as I have enough going on.

Mr. L had a tough night- day and is grouchy and when he's grouchy guess who gets the brunt???!!!! Well after 6 hours I left and went---------shopping! If he stays grouchy we could go broke! LOL. But I got 5 Jones NY tops, cropped khakis, Nine West sandals for $113. Do you guys believe the fall clothes are out in the stores.

Old 06-25-2009, 04:38 PM

That's a lot Lacey for all that. i mean you got a lot for little $
thanks Tex, i will ice tonight, but im gonna be sore tomorrow from that running i did today. my husband already yelled at me for running from the bear.

Last edited by BCG8; 06-25-2009 at 04:39 PM.. Reason: duh

Old 06-25-2009, 04:39 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,398 times
#%&^%$ what a flippen day! Want you to put afew prayers up for a successful close in the a.m., this stupid loan turd call the buyers at 4:45 to say they dont have the "package" ready yet! And they needed license numbers of the contractor that did the repairs for the inspections, they new this 10 freekkeen days ago. Then of course the buyers didnt know they had to have certified funds at closing, I know, but they cant find out the dollar amount to get the check cut. They were told to go to closing, sign papers, leave to get the check and come back, stupid.....now why are the banks in trouble again?????
Anyhow I didnt get chased by bulls or MG a mamma bear! did run a hugh sliver into my finger it is deep in under my nail and cant get to it, but it hurts bad! Hurts worse than the saw cut from the other day for sure! Alright, gonna get cleaned up and take my youngest dd to dinner, lol told her to skip her useless boytoy tonight because she was going with me, like it or NOT!! hE is such a useless bum! Catch up later, maybe...........

Old 06-25-2009, 04:39 PM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,786,110 times
Thanks for the support. The foreclosures are not ON my street, but they're not FAR from my street -- just a couple of short streets over -- definitely part of the same neighborhood. Oh, it is just depressing.

Well, the Open House won't probably bring any buyers in -- my realtor said it's usually only 5% buyers and 95% realtors and neighbors. I DID have an interested buyer, but they couldn't get qualified....

So, the Open House is mainly for my realtor to do some more networking. But the Open House sign is up and ready, and I'll be toiling away all day Saturday to get ready. This selling a house thing is really gross!

I agree about Farrah Fawcett, too. I remember her when she was young and I had some of those feathered haircuts! It seemed like she really suffered toward the end, but was still a real trooper. May she rest in peace.

Old 06-25-2009, 04:51 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,374,728 times
Default WOO HOO--A new camp! Thanks Barb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
I saw this on a blog and had to share
CUTE SIGNS!!
Quote:
Well i took up trail running this am!!! long story short, i went hiking on the AT (appalachian tr) this am. i dont hike alone like i used to, seen too many bears over the years. but this am i didnt want my fear to get the best of me. i planned on a 4 mile hike, no biggie, kept my eyes and ears open. got about 3 miles thru, on the home stretch when my dog stopped and picked up her nose. we were on small hill. i knew right away. saw a mother bear and one cub on the trail up ahead. i said F--- and ducked. picked my head up and i see her facing us, walking slowly towards us. (well maybe not slowly but i'd prefer to think that!) i take a couple of steps back with my dog close to me, turn around and run! i know you're not supposed to run from bears but there was no way i was gonna yell at it and try to make myself look bigger and scare it away. not a mother bear and not when i was downhill. i now had to backtrack the 3 miles i just came, terrified of another bear encounter! i think i am done hiking by myself for awhile!
Holy Crap-I would have sh*t my pants! NEVER run from a bear girl!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
I never cared for Charlie's Angels but loved Farrah in The Burning Bed.
I'm sad too Lorrie. The Burning Bed was a great movie. While we are on the subjects of great movies--Rent this one: Taken. Awesome movie with Liam Neeson.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Mr. L had a tough night- day and is grouchy and when he's grouchy guess who gets the brunt???!!!! Well after 6 hours I left and went---------shopping! If he stays grouchy we could go broke! LOL. But I got 5 Jones NY tops, cropped khakis, Nine West sandals for $113. Do you guys believe the fall clothes are out in the stores.
He better get out of that grouchy mood soon!!!! Love it!!
Quote:
thanks Tex, i will ice tonight, but im gonna be sore tomorrow from that running i did today. my husband already yelled at me for running from the bear.
Yea--ice is really best rather than heat for pulled muscles. There is inflammation there and like someone else said--take your motrin also. Heat isn't good for pulled muscles. Just do ice for about 15-20 minutes every hour or so. And STOP running from mama bears or you won't have to worry about icing sore muscles!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
Thanks for the support. The foreclosures are not ON my street, but they're not FAR from my street -- just a couple of short streets over -- definitely part of the same neighborhood. Oh, it is just depressing.

Well, the Open House won't probably bring any buyers in -- my realtor said it's usually only 5% buyers and 95% realtors and neighbors. I DID have an interested buyer, but they couldn't get qualified....

So, the Open House is mainly for my realtor to do some more networking. But the Open House sign is up and ready, and I'll be toiling away all day Saturday to get ready. This selling a house thing is really gross!
Good luck with your Open House Wisteria. I heard yesterday that foreclosures are on the downswing in PA. That is good to hear.

Old 06-25-2009, 04:52 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,374,728 times
OMG!! Michael Jackson is dead. He had an MI, went into cardiac arrest and they were never able to get a pulse back on him.

Old 06-25-2009, 05:35 PM

Texas, i just saw that! how shocking! he was only 50, too. thanks for the advice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate