Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 01:43 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,049,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Hi,

We got a call from the agent, kindly letting us know that we could come back with the dogs. That was the first good thing. Second, she also let us know that the people who looked today are coming back tomorrow, and bringing another person with them, and they want to look at the survey. Trying not to get too excited, but it's useless, I'm already excited, and will try not to get too disappointed, but that's probably going to be useless too. Such is the seller's dilemma. Hey, at least it was worth doing all the cleaning for a little positive reinforcement.
Well I'm excited too about second showing and so are my friends! Fingers Crossed!

Old 06-27-2009, 01:52 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,375,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post

Tex-how's your brother.

Lorrie-yes it's nice but for me over tomorrow and I hate to say this but I'm not a happy camper right now. He has a huge open wound and drain with special dressings. I am not good at these things (when my kids were little when they threw up-so did I). I very nervous.

They did another freakin CT scan today, now that's #13 since Oct-he will glow soon. But results not too promising as they think they see another eruption-so why send him home?????????
My brother came home this week and is being seen by visiting RN's and PT. You can have visiting nurses come in to do the dressing changes, but you will probably still have to learn to do them or they won't send him home.

Old 06-27-2009, 02:07 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
I know Tex and they will it's just I am very sqeamish and guess afraid of doing something wrong.

Glad brother's home and pray all's going okay for him.

Old 06-27-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
My brother came home this week and is being seen by visiting RN's and PT. You can have visiting nurses come in to do the dressing changes, but you will probably still have to learn to do them or they won't send him home.
Tex that's great about your brother and being seen by visiting RN and PT - that way he'll get property therapy. What a blessing.

Lacey, so sorry to hear about Mr. L. Prayers for both of you. Hopefully that soup/stew you're making will help him eat. Am I reading correctly that even with the open, oozing wound they still sent him home Gosh, I would think if that was the case they would have kept him there where they could keep an eye on him. XX

Old 06-27-2009, 02:23 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,311 times
ok, i cant rep any of you, i tried. anyway, lacey my sis had to help her husband with his dressing for some kind of drainage surgery. she felt the same as you but she did it, no problems.
tambre, I AM SO excited for you, cant help it.
C21, that dancing cat is disturbing, must say.
hey CMa good to see ya! hey to everyone else, too.

Old 06-27-2009, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
C21, that dancing cat is disturbing, must say.
Sorry forgot to mention he had some sort of mental disorder - he actually dances very similar to my pseudo ex LOL Now here's one that won't give anyone nightmares - hopefully! This is my friend who is not mentally challenged on the dance floor.

Last edited by JustJoy; 06-27-2009 at 02:43 PM.. Reason: my non-disturbed friend LOL

Old 06-27-2009, 02:57 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
C21 that's my concern plus he's on immune suppressents so open to infection. Now I realize you can pick up more germs in a hosp than home. We'll get thru.

Soup smells good so hopefully he's going to be happy.

Old 06-27-2009, 03:17 PM

486 posts, read 984,398 times
Congrats Tambre, that sounds GREAT!!!! I'm on the other side of the fence and I can tell you I only asked for a second viewing on the house I actually made an offer (and I'm waiting for now). So that's a good sign. Best of luck to you on this!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Hi,

We got a call from the agent, kindly letting us know that we could come back with the dogs. That was the first good thing. Second, she also let us know that the people who looked today are coming back tomorrow, and bringing another person with them, and they want to look at the survey. Trying not to get too excited, but it's useless, I'm already excited, and will try not to get too disappointed, but that's probably going to be useless too. Such is the seller's dilemma. Hey, at least it was worth doing all the cleaning for a little positive reinforcement.

Hey Dogmom, hope you found your pills by now. Lacey, hope Mr. L is doing well. Glad you're getting rid of your signage. When are you going to start FSBO? Texas, how's your brother doing? Stoy, hang in there, all it takes is one. Painter, try to be careful today, try to stay away from bulls and splinters. NJ, have you been to the beach lately? How's the water? Are you getting all this rain, yucko. Do you have a boat launch nearby? I love to your house...so beautiful. Hdzup, you have a fantastic house, with a unique and gorgeous setting. Hi everyone else.

Old 06-27-2009, 03:36 PM

486 posts, read 984,398 times
Good luck with the pills!! Let us know when they turn up. In the meantime, happy thoughts and think of a beach somewhere and look for them in that state of mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Good luck Tambre! Let us know how it goes...you had mentioned that some of the agents' comments were not 'good'. Well you have a beautiful home...I think it's that old HGTV mentality, granite, stainless, etc....well in certain pricepoints it is just not going to pay to put that stuff in. If you did you would have to raise the price...you have a beautiful home and property. I can honestly say that of all the homes you all have posted pics of, there isn't one that I would not be proud to call mine. And that's the truth!

I cant find my pills, the ones I need to try to maintain any saneness I have left. I have gone through all the pill boxes I can find, I had my spares up in the closet in a shoebox in WA, he brought thouse..I have a sinking feeling they are missing..ay yi yi. Pray I find ONE bottle, that's all I need, one little bottle..

Ya'll have a good day, chat later, gotta get busy....

Old 06-27-2009, 03:54 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,150,125 times
Thanks everybody for your encouraging words! I don't know what time they are coming yet, but I'll keep you all updated if I hear any feedback if they actually do come back.

So, this neighborhood is getting more bizarre by the minute. On June 19th, a realtor committed suicide in a vacant house across the street and down from us a few doors. Very sad, she was only 25. She worked in a ReMax with her mother who was also a realtor. My heart goes out to that mom and her family. Such a shame.

So, you'd think that's enough excitment...not! Today, there was a loose llama across the street and down a few doors...almost next to the place where the young woman died. My daughter took a video and is going to post it to You Tube. It had gotten loose from a farm, which was a few miles away, and the police and the animal control officer had been chasing it all day. One of our neighbors was having a bbq, when this stray llama just saunters through her yard. They did end up catching it and trailoring it somewhere.

C21, Love the dancing cats and dog! So cute, and so funny about your pseudo ex dancing like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate