Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2009, 11:47 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,949 times

Advertisements

Well gals we had a bit of action at the farm next door today. I heard a bunch of cussin' and carrying ons not unusual for that bunch when G-boy is there. This guy is about as hot tempered as anyone I have ever seen. Anyway yesterday he knocked down his mom and his dad in one of his fits, he is in his late 30s, so his partner in the farm stepped into it today. Oh Gboy swung at him and all hell broke loose. Gboy got his azz whipped for sure, teach him to mess with his momma and daddy. I am happy the partner decided to teach this idiot a lesson. Such drama on the farm, lol.

Old 10-14-2009, 11:55 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,373,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Igloo????? Not funny-LOL.
Don't worry---my time is coming!

Old 10-14-2009, 11:58 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,373,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Well gals we had a bit of action at the farm next door today. I heard a bunch of cussin' and carrying ons not unusual for that bunch when G-boy is there. This guy is about as hot tempered as anyone I have ever seen. Anyway yesterday he knocked down his mom and his dad in one of his fits, he is in his late 30s, so his partner in the farm stepped into it today. Oh Gboy swung at him and all hell broke loose. Gboy got his azz whipped for sure, teach him to mess with his momma and daddy. I am happy the partner decided to teach this idiot a lesson. Such drama on the farm, lol.
LMAO!! It's about time someone taught that boy some manners! Let's hear it for the partner!!

Old 10-14-2009, 12:01 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,184,631 times
howdy campers! well hubby's rear end was about to fall off....his truck that is!! Yep, the tranny doohickey thang that goes into the the rear end doohickey thang was hanging on by a promise apparently. SO thrills thrills, as Benji's go marching to the mechanic! At least the truck is paid for so what do ya do.

Man I need to get my fanny cracking. Correspondence & paperwork piling up. At least have the winter clothes rotated forward, and have a stack of stuff for the thrift shop. Now if I could have a wee bit of sun so I can cut back daylilies,etc. and get ready to mow again (darn leaves a falling already on the ash) wee haa what fun in Wee Chita!!

Old 10-14-2009, 12:16 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Igloo????? Not funny-LOL.
You love it Lace- ONLY Kidding Lol.. Poor Lace!

Quote:
Theraflu if the best OTC medicine there is in my opinion. Hope you and Mia are feeling much better today. Tell Noah to keep away from you both so he doesn't recatch it!!
That is too sweet what Mia said about Watson looking at her--darn tootin' he was!!
wILL TRY IT Shel! Noah is the one who started this LOL>..hopefully he will not get it again!!
Hey Scott has been up for 31 hrs. He still has to drive home from EWR too lol.. Poor guy.. I will *** with him on the phone later on his way home. I will make spaghetti----and maybe bake some pumpkin bread.....Now I sound like June Cleaver.....................

Quote:
LMAO at Lace building an igloo!!!

I am getting excited about the trip. It will be nice to be away from cold dreary weather and the ICU!! I think y'all should use Joy's transporter and beam yourself onto the Outer Banks!!

As for home remedies for congestion--take a pot of water---boil it...Remove from stove, throw in a gob of vicks--put your head over it with a towel wrapped around the pot and your face, so you are breathing in pure vicks steam!!! Be careful of steam burns though!! Don't do this with Mia only you!!

Quote:
bOWL of steam/vicks sounds like a plan. I will do it later this evening. Great idea Nurse Shel!! You rock. No, definitely not Mia...Peppermint Patty would be nothing but a tiny vapor lol...
OMG- The rat maze is complete across the street. Holy crap. If my house won't sell now, it never will now.Too many fences....the fence is up and it looks like ****. I could cry. Shaking head...........

Old 10-14-2009, 12:17 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times
Ok, I want to go to the Outer Banks. I also want to go to Pennsylvania, to New Jersey, to the Carolinas, to Florida, to Kansas, to Wisconsin, to Colorado (when Stoy gets there) and where every you all are.

Tex, yes that is Karen I am talking about..she sent you fry taco stuff? Egads girl get it made and tell us how it is...take it with you to the beach...we are going to try to get by Ed and Karen's house on the way back home from IL. which I think means we have to go through Kansas too, right Sara? Ok that's another stop...we need to get our big map from AAA and get it all drawn out...

I think it would be cool to all go in on a house in the Outer banks or somewhere on the east coast for a few days and just have some fun girl time. What do you all think?

Painter, what is it with those folks...bet that was quite a scene? Did the parents file a report on their kid..what makes a kid knock out his folks, drinking or drugs I suppose.

Ok windy again today, got a nice breeze going through the house, might have to close it up later, supposed to get back up into the 90's over the weekend so our a/c days are not quite over I guess....but at least at nght it cools off.

I discovered something I forgot I have here this morning...A sliding door in our bedroom. lol. we have had it foiled since we got here in June since the morning sun beats in there and without the patio cover it got damn hot..well DP took half the foil off and cleaned out about 5 years worth of dirt out of the tracks and it actually moves now..so got a good breeze going in there. I also took all the towels out of the little linen closet we have and re folded and put them in in some sort of order..I found a couple sets I am taking to my sister next month so will put those in her big pile in the garage.
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3866.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	194.0 KB
ID:	50933

Name:	100_3865.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	50934

now mind i didnt make my bed...lol...

Ok think i might drag out my bread machine..i have flour, yeast...hmm..problem is I would eat it all..hmm...YUM!

Old 10-14-2009, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Ok, I want to go to the Outer Banks. I also want to go to Pennsylvania, to New Jersey, to the Carolinas, to Florida, to Kansas, to Wisconsin, to Colorado (when Stoy gets there) and where every you all are.

Why don't we all just rent an RV LOL and go across country. lol..

Seriously, you might be onto something Barb!!! rent right at Outer Banks!!!
I love lots of light in a house...and well lit bathrooms.. Does anyone think I am crazy??? liking well-lit bathrooms?? LOL>
Barb, send me some of your doggies again. My kids love Echo , a dalmation in our development and start counting his spots every time they see him...ROFL... can you send me one of him/her?? the whole pack, damn it LOL

Well, I am off to make pumpkin bread....shhhh..It's not home made...Its from Home Goods..like a Williams and Sonoma type bread in box! add this and a little of that!!!

Go for it Barb. Make the bread. My friend used her bread machine alot and said she would never go back!

Old 10-14-2009, 01:14 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times

Name:	100_3871.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	217.7 KB
ID:	50936

Name:	100_3873.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	128.6 KB
ID:	50937

Name:	100_3875.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	166.3 KB
ID:	50938

Ok girls, bread in the breadmaker, this thing has not been used for probably 5 years, my mom gave it to me in like 1993..its an oldie and heavy, but hopefully it still works, if the house starts smelling like smoke and not bread, I am in trouble!!

Ok here are a few pictures of my doglets for Mia
here is India our lab mix

Ok here is Gracie the dal..she is a handful as if you couldn't tell!

And Halo, our doxie...we call him Halo Butterbuns, lol

Annie, I will email you some more ok?!?!

Old 10-14-2009, 02:31 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,873,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Roth, I saw your wine journals, I love them..you should take pictures of all your handmade items and put them on your blog with prices..I would like a wine journal for me and prob daughter in law for Christmas..just sayin'
Barb..........I'll PM you with the info on them and then you can let me know from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookdaleresident View Post
do you sell online? I'm thinking etsy.com
I do have an etsy account, but have never put anything on it. I just wanted to lock up my business name, just in case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Roth...loved the pic of Sophie sitting in the bay window! Have you completed the adoption paperwork yet?
How far are you from the Outer Banks ...just out of curiosity! That would be a great getaway trip for you and your hubby every now and then. There are a lot of homes there to rent and some of them are very reasonable for a week stay.
Woman from the adoption place was supposed to come today, but she has been sick so I told her not to come if she is still sick. Health insurance only covers emergencies down here, so I couldn't go to a doc if necessary. So she called about an hour ago and we're going to try for tomorrow, but not holding my breath as she still sounds pretty sick. And I'm not available Friday or Saturday.

Corolla is about 400 miles from me. NC is very wide and I'm almost over to the west end. We may do that again sometime, but it wouldn't work for just a weekend as it would take 6-7 hours to get there. We are actually going down to Charleston, SC (on the coast) the week of Valentine's Day next year. We had a timeshare week that was going to run out in March, so we had to use it or lose it. I would also like to spend some time back in Savannah, GA. Although I think Charleston is a lot like Savannah. Discovered that hubby only really wanted to go because of the military ships there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Seriously, you might be onto something Barb!!! rent right at Outer Banks!!!

Well, I am off to make pumpkin bread....shhhh..It's not home made...Its from Home Goods..like a Williams and Sonoma type bread in box! add this and a little of that!!! Go for it Barb. Make the bread. My friend used her bread machine alot and said she would never go back!
Hey, that might be an idea! Some of those houses, much like the one Shelley is going to, have tons of bedrooms and bathrooms. And if you rent anytime after Labor Day the rates really go down but the weather is still gorgeous. The only thing we might have to rent is sheets/towels and beach stuff. They have several rental agencies down there both for houses and for the accessories.

I got my bread machine out day before yesterday and made a loaf, too! I usually make a dozen or so over the course of the winter.....love my machine! I was going to make chili with it, but didn't have any beans, so I'm making it tonight and have it with the leftover bread. Stupid me, I forgot to put the salt in, so although it raised nicely it doesn't taste quite right. I promised the neighbors that I would make wedding soup and bread sometime for them.

It's cold here today! High was about 53..........yeah, yeah I know, at least I don't have snow! Well, yet........ But it was raining all day so it made it feel colder. Supposed to be the same for the next couple of days and then be nice over the weekend. Hopefully it will so that people come out to the craft show.

Old 10-14-2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Attachment 50936

Attachment 50937

Attachment 50938

Ok girls, bread in the breadmaker, this thing has not been used for probably 5 years, my mom gave it to me in like 1993..its an oldie and heavy, but hopefully it still works, if the house starts smelling like smoke and not bread, I am in trouble!!

Ok here are a few pictures of my doglets for Mia
here is India our lab mix

Ok here is Gracie the dal..she is a handful as if you couldn't tell!

And Halo, our doxie...we call him Halo Butterbuns, lol

Annie, I will email you some more ok?!?!
OMG THANKS BARB! MIA LOVED them!!!!all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How precious..............thanks girlfriend!!!!!! Butterbuns lmao....I love the names too!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.