Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2009, 04:47 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Good morning ladies and I say that with a growl, lol! I woke up aout 1:30 having to potty..not the dogs, me. well then I was thirsty so I turned on the tv and drank a diet coke, i know, but it tasted so good. Well now two dogs have gotten up and gone outside and I am drinking a cup of decaf with my heat wrap around my neck, when it cools off I am heading back to bed.

ok just checking in, see NJ beat me to the first post

Had to answer your post Auntie LOL> hey! Your dogs are precious...I just showed Mia the pic of your dalmation and Halo!! OMG! she loves them lol... Good morning to you girl!! gotta dash now.....Hang in there!!

Old 10-13-2009, 05:38 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Morning all and up since 4:15 here but then again I crash early too-LOL.

22 deg and snow this afternoon thru Thurs.

Our son and his wife met with another bank (OceanFirst in NJ) and have been pre-approved with no loopholes like Bank of America had. They are ideal mortgage candidates and the loan officer realized that at the get-go.

Nails and pedi today.

Tex I am so jealous.

Old 10-13-2009, 07:11 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,048,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Morning all and up since 4:15 here but then again I crash early too-LOL.

22 deg and snow this afternoon thru Thurs.

Our son and his wife met with another bank (OceanFirst in NJ) and have been pre-approved with no loopholes like Bank of America had. They are ideal mortgage candidates and the loan officer realized that at the get-go.

Nails and pedi today.
Sweet mother of God, that is sooo early. When my alarm went off was in a deep sleep and only thought it was early. Never mind - 4:15 is EARLY So happy they went to a bank who took one look at docs and went, stamp, stamp, stamp - you're pre-approved. BOA is just crap but happy that found a sane bank/loan officer. That was just absurd getting turned down by other. Stay warm girl. Brrrrrrr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Had to answer your post Auntie LOL> hey! Your dogs are precious...I just showed Mia the pic of your dalmation and Halo!! OMG! she loves them lol... Good morning to you girl!! gotta dash now.....Hang in there!!
Good luck with Sidways Sally and the Ogre!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Good morning ladies and I say that with a growl, lol! I woke up aout 1:30 having to potty..not the dogs, me. well then I was thirsty so I turned on the tv and drank a diet coke, i know, but it tasted so good. Well now two dogs have gotten up and gone outside and I am drinking a cup of decaf with my heat wrap around my neck, when it cools off I am heading back to bed.

So girl you woke up to pee then had a diet coke. You crack me up. Now go back to bed - my God that's too early. Hope the heat wrap helped your neck.

ok just checking in, see NJ beat me to the first post
Quote:
Holy Crap JOY! That does look like Donut Man from the BACK lol. How funny. Actualy I lysoled AFTER they *the rude ones left.. I let the germs spread nicely for them all LOL...
I was actually lurking in your neighborhood so I could take a 'candid' shot of him lol oh and it does my heart good to hear you lysoled after those rude jerks who showed up an hour late. Like I said, give them the gift that keeps giving lol

Quote:
Good Morning girls! I bought an electric blanket yesterday. NOw I don't know lol..Maybe a huge downcomforter would be better... Poor Mia was coughing alot last night...so I put some Vicks Vapo Rub on her chest..She seeemed like she slept through the night and she and I are light sleepers! I told her she smelled like Peppermint Patty.LOL!

I used to have a down comforter - thick mother, then would go visit my mom, well when I was visting her and she used electric blankets. Could never get it just the way I wanted. Sorry about little Mia - dang whoever gave Noah those germs to begin with. Bet it was that nasty bus driver. Glad she slept through the night and Peppermint Patty - Ahhhhhhh.

Ok, Shel, first off the recipe for the hot buttered rum sounds divine. Next, this house is AMAZING . I am so jealous. Will you take me in your suitcase??lol. How long are you going for ? A week?Watson is going to love it...My hub LOVES those Burmese dogs..Watson will be in good company! You have a great time on your vaca girl! You so deserve it. Wow. You have some nice neighbors!!

Shel, same here - as smart as Watson is he'll probably find a way to leap up and push elevator button so he can ride up and down lol that place looks divine! You have fun and be sure Watson wears his swim trunks - don't want all the girls getting all riled up lol

Barb and Tex-I LOVE Paula Deen. OMG> Her recipes rule LOL. Love her. She is so down home....Martha is just too uppity for me... lol...Paula;s family seems awesome too!Everything is so fattening that she makes!Those mermaid cottages are beautiful!

I have no frickin' clue who Paula Deen is lol but i'll take your word for it. 'course don't usually watch cooking shows or stuff, but still don't know who she is.

Niki- I hope you took our emails into consideration. We just want to help you!

Hi to everyone else.
Gold- you out there???? Yeah, Miss Goldy come out, come out where ever you are!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Yes...still messy. Matt p'es me off...he doesn't help Amy with any of the clean up and those kids are old enough to clean up after themselves! But I love Amy.

who are these people?? I'm gathing a TV show, relatives or what? Whoever they are those dang kids should be cleaning. Always made DS clean up after himself - heck, that boy even cleaned himself off after he was born lol I ain't no maid and I can be messy enough as it is so that boy learned from the get go you play with toys, you put them up - then the look and husbands? Well let's say DS dad who has a real high IQ, tried to tell me he left dirty dishes in the sink 'cause he didn't know how the dishwasher worked. So I told him "see where I've already put in the soap? Now, you just close the door, lock it with this little handle then turn it to ON

The place we are going to is called Corolla. It is on the "Outer Banks" of NC. I am riding with my neighbors. It is an 8 hr drive. We are driving half way on Friday and then staying at a dog friendly hotel...then onto the Outer Banks! They are the neighbors who own the Burnese Mountain Dog, LaCoda! (Watson's best friend). I'm looking forward to the time off.
You are just going to have a blast and even better you don't have to pay for lodging once you get there. What nice neighbors! Like I said though, make sure Mr.Watson has his trunks on or all the girls are going to be after him

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Yep I've seen it- the house is so messy though it drives me crazy!!!! Bless her heart, can't Amy make them chillren & hubby PICK up after themselves??? Egads!
Is it still messy this season??
OK - Now I get that it's a TV show - so I guess there wouldn't be a show if Amy got out her machete and said 'you will clean up after yourselves or ELSE' lol actually might be a good segment - Amy going crazy. Note to self: write a letter to producers.

Quote:

Painter-maybe you could consider catfish farming as a new venture LOL- you could rename the road the Main Course.snort.
There ya go Carol - catfish farming! 'course you'd have to make sure those guys with their rifles didn't do some shootin' but then again, that would fit in with the new road name Main Course and you could grab those bad boys and just take the bullets out of them. Good one, Sara

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Thanks Joy, Barb,Shelly and miss painter. Willow and I thank you. I thought I posted the one with the cig in my hand so glad I didn't Yes painter the furbabies grow up so fast. I love puppy breath and the trouble they get in. They give you a good laugh. Then we have to spoil it all and train them. Willow will be 7 mos OCT 26th.
I always have to make sure when pics are taken I'm not holding one - caught myself right in time when I was at my nieces wedding and someone wanting to take pics and i'm like 'hold on, hold on - grind grind' Ok, now we're ready for our photo op lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Thanks Shelly,Lacey, Barb and Joy. I always get out of this mood just fine. I am just such a worrier. Lacey I thought this 6 month went by faster. Slow down months and years.
I don't know where time goes - after 30 seems to go at the speed of light. Sure everything will be good at his check up then you won't have to worry as much. XXOO

To all my other campers have to get ready and be at the office at a decent hour. Need to cover floor while people showing houses, so getting back into the swing of things. It's so dang, cool, cool, cool here gonna wear my thermal or whatever the heck the material is jacket that I brought down from CO. Probably wear it all day.

Everyone enjoy their day and if I get caught up at the office - yeah right - I'll pop back in. Heck even if I don't I'll try to. Brain just not working right now so I can see me staring into space a lot. Stay warm everyone and all you girls up so early, get some dang rest!

Old 10-13-2009, 07:14 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,398 times
Several early birdies this morning! You all do know that cool weather is suppose to make you sleep better not less, right? They are all talkin' about the "cold" weather coming in at the end of the week here. Rather funny to me since the lows for Sat. is 47, never will get use to the locals saying that is SO COLD! I do think this winter maybe colder than usuall though, my mare started getting a winter coat on her 2 weeks ago, always a indicator to weather coming. She will be a big ole wooly bear before long.

Going to head out to run some errands, was going yesterday but the dd pulled a double at work. I owe her lunch "in town". Other than that not much happening here so hope you all have a good morning...............

Old 10-13-2009, 08:11 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Joy they are no risk so BOA screwed up. They both have FICO 850+, NO debt, mega savings and down and great jobs and very conservative spenders. They even have a 2 yr reserve set aside. Go figure.

Painter can't imagine what she'd look like here!!!! Have a great lunch w/DD.

Happy Tues. all.

Old 10-13-2009, 10:43 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,596,839 times
Default Morning everyone

Tex that beach house is nicer than I imagined. Enough room for the troops. You and Wats should get plenty of R & R and have room to stretch out. I take it they like going when it is less hot. Surely they have other people chipping in on the price no? Yes you best keep Watsons trunks on LOL!

Hey NJ I love my electric blanket. Gets the bed all toasty even before you get in and you can keep the heat lower. They are kinda on the stiff side though. I need to get mine on bed. We are in the 40's for a high today. Aww poor, poor asian family .. should be picking up that bad boy bug right about now

Glad your son will be approved now Lacey. Just nutso they wouldn't be with those scores and history. It must just be the 20% that was the problem. The mexican woman across street from me, who cleans houses for a living, is proof of the old rules as how could she qualify for a $264,000 loan several years ago on her name only? (we can look up tax records online) Then she has 5 other adults living with her. She caught my hub outside and asked if we needed cleaning services. I can understand the tightning of rules with all the foreclosurers out there.

Oh Dog, that white farmhouse is Norman Rockwellish! I like the big wrap-around porch. So maybe you will have a white Thxgiving. I love road trips!

Hope you're doing ok Joy. It's hard to lose a 4 pawed friend You sound to be in decent spirits!! It's ok to cry and be sad, but we know Albert is having fun over the rainbow bridge!!

NIKI, Painter had some good advice with at least looking into legal separation and having him pay for it. You don't want to get yourself and the kids the short end of the stick. You need to make sure the mortgage is being paid as I've heard horror stories of people finding out it wasn't being paid until they finally see the notice at the door. Speaking of myself I was in denial a long time before I really woke up (kids in the equation had a lot to do with it). I took the kids back to WI once from Ca and he served divorce papers on me,..I had to appear back in CA at my expense. Somehow I found a pro bono attorney who took my case for free and won me custody and good support. The dumb thing was he convinced me to come back and give him another chance. Think I just missed CA's warmth. It just ultimately prolonged the agony. Hoping the best for you and your kids!

Hi to everyone!! Have a good day! I have to get busy.. I have at least 1700 sq feet of wood floors to clean not to mention a grocery store trip.

Last edited by gold*dust1; 10-13-2009 at 11:00 AM..

Old 10-13-2009, 11:34 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,048,591 times
Quote:
Joy they are no risk so BOA screwed up. They both have FICO 850+, NO debt, mega savings and down and great jobs and very conservative spenders. They even have a 2 yr reserve set aside. Go figure.

Happy Tues. all.
Yeah, that's what was so hard to understand. Like the 'model' lenders. BOA just sucks that's all. i'm just happy that they got with a bank who went, duh - stamp, stamp, stamp 'here ya go'.

Old 10-13-2009, 11:52 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,374,728 times
Quote:
Poor Mia was coughing alot last night...so I put some Vicks Vapo Rub on her chest..She seeemed like she slept through the night and she and I are light sleepers! I told her she smelled like Peppermint Patty.LOL!
Ok, Shel, first off the recipe for the hot buttered rum sounds divine. Next, this house is AMAZING . I am so jealous. Will you take me in your suitcase??lol. How long are you going for ? A week?Watson is going to love it...My hub LOVES those Burmese dogs..Watson will be in good company! You have a great time on your vaca girl! You so deserve it. Wow. You have some nice neighbors!!

Barb and Tex-I LOVE Paula Deen. OMG> Her recipes rule LOL. Love her. She is so down home....Martha is just too uppity for me... lol...Paula;s family seems awesome too!Everything is so fattening that she makes!Those mermaid cottages are beautiful!
I LOVE the smell of Vicks...it always makes me think of my grandmother putting that on me as a little girl. It makes me feel like a child when I have it on--something very comforting about it. And besides all that--it really works to get rid of the chest congestion!! Peppermint Patty--that's cute.

Did I ever post pics of Watson with LaCoda the Burnese Mountain dog? He is such a GREAT dog--so friendly. Scott would LOVE him!

Yes, I do have some wonderful neighbors--they help me out a lot with different things. We are going for a week! I will have a ton of pages to read here when I get back!!! I won't have PC access down there. Watson is going to have a ball! Plus he gets his Mama all week to himself!! He probably won't want bothered with me when he sees LaCoda!!!
Quote:

Tex I am so jealous.
I should sneak you and NJ into my suitcase!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Shel, same here - as smart as Watson is he'll probably find a way to leap up and push elevator button so he can ride up and down lol that place looks divine! You have fun and be sure Watson wears his swim trunks - don't want all the girls getting all riled up lol

You are just going to have a blast and even better you don't have to pay for lodging once you get there. What nice neighbors! Like I said though, make sure Mr.Watson has his trunks on or all the girls are going to be after him

OK - Now I get that it's a TV show - so I guess there wouldn't be a show if Amy got out her machete and said 'you will clean up after yourselves or ELSE' lol actually might be a good segment - Amy going crazy. Note to self: write a letter to producers.
That is so funny about Watson wearing swim trunks so he doesn't rile all the girls up!!!
Yes, Joy, it is a tv show about a dwarf family who have one 4 kids...3 of them are of regular size and the one child is a dwarf like the parents. The dwarf child is actually a twin with one of the regular sized kids! They have a farm up in Oregon....would love to visit it someday...they hold events there during pumpkin season. Amy, the mom, is so sweet....the show really opened my eyes up to dwarfism.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Several early birdies this morning! You all do know that cool weather is suppose to make you sleep better not less, right? ...............
I had NO problems sleeping last night! I went to bed at 2 am!! Yep was just headed to bed when Barb was getting up to potty!! I slept until 11 am!! Watson tried to wake me up at 8 am, but I fell back asleep. Then at 11 I heard him barking again. I went out to get him to take him potty outside and he was so excited to see me. Took him out and he peed and pooed!! He didn't go at all in his cage last night....he held it that entire time. I am puzzled by that! He always at the very least pees on his potty pad at some point during the night or early morning. Yesterday he was using my entire DR hardwood floors as his personal bathroom instead of letting me know he had to go potty. Needless to say...I wasn't happy about that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Tex that beach house is nicer than I imagined. Enough room for the troops. You and Wats should get plenty of R & R and have room to stretch out. I take it they like going when it is less hot. Surely they have other people chipping in on the price no? Yes you best keep Watsons trunks on LOL!.
Yes they like going in October when there are no crowds. Plus it's cheaper...I think around $2700 for the week to rent the place. No...they don't accept any money from anyone towards the rental of the place--just asks everyone to pitch in on food for the week. I will help pay for gas also since I am riding down with them. Watson gets car sick so I got some medicine from the vet last week to give him 2 hrs before car trips. That is why I didn't want to drive. I want to be able to tend to my baby if he is sick.

Old 10-13-2009, 11:55 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,185,354 times
Good day peeps. Oh I wish could see the sun for a while- overcast and dreary here and supposed to be all week UGH

Lacey- good they found a better lender to deal with, it is one of those things you really need to shop around for these days. Seems like many 'expect' the worst in clients, so a solid one throws them!

NJ-at night, slather your feet with Vicks & put some socks on- seems to really help with the cough/cold

PAULA DEEN??? oh puleez LOL she is one of those high maintenance, new money, 'southern' women....now you wants some 'southern' good cooks, I will be glad to introduce you to my mama's side of the family, they kick butt in the kitchen. Now my Aunt Nell, God rest her soul, weren't nothing to look at, no jewelry or big hair, no gourmet kitchen or fancy gadgets, but she could cook some mighty fine eats! Lard biscuits, sausage & gravy, soup beans(pintos), greens, beans, everything in between. Chocolate pie with the lightest most perfect meringue you ever saw or tasted. Pound cake so rich and buttery. ( FRESH churned butter no less!) Oh yeah Paula might have a show but I tell ya there are many a fine cook lurking out there

Painter- Mindy dog hasn't gotten her winter fur coming in yet....maybe that means it is going to warm up! I wish.

Barb- did you say something about coming back from the East on I-70?? won't those high elevations have snow on them by then? Been stressing here wondering when the sam hill DD is gonna get out of WA before the roads get bad with WEATHER, seeing there isn't many options other than taking a LONG way around.....oh me

Gold it doesn't surprise me the lady that cleans may have qualified for that amount. I knew a gal back in ATL that had a much costlier home, that cleaned houses, she had a thriving business.....I couldn't afford her!!! You just never know! On the other hand, we knew a couple that appeared to have nothing and lived like paupers, yet they were loaded to the gills.

Well off to figure out some paperwork today on Dad's stuff....I still can't believe he is gone

have a nice day!

Last edited by crazyma; 10-13-2009 at 12:05 PM..

Old 10-13-2009, 12:25 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,596,839 times
Quote:
Gold it doesn't surprise me the lady that cleans may have qualified for that amount. I knew a gal back in ATL that had a much costlier home, that cleaned houses, she had a thriving business.....I couldn't afford her!!! You just never know! On the other hand, we knew a couple that appeared to have nothing and lived like paupers, yet they were loaded to the gills.

Well off to figure out some paperwork today on Dad's stuff....I still can't believe he is gone

have a nice day!
Could be C'ma, as she seems to be supporting the other 5 adults and numerous kids that live there. I don't see a truck with a cleaning business sign or anything though. I'm sure she got in with 0 down and probably on some low income status. Hub had to tell her the "lady of the house" in our house does her own cleaning LOL!

It is surreal about a parent dying. By the time my dad got a lung cancer diagnosis *poof* it was 4 months and he was gone Been almost 6 years now and it seems like it was yesterday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate