Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2009, 11:00 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,185,354 times

Advertisements

October is also ...taa daaaaa....National Kitchen and Bath Month

do you like mine???

Old 10-13-2009, 11:27 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,275,534 times
Sara, I DO like yours, lol! Hey that was probably someone's fine home at one time..but now..not so much

What's everyone's weather like? I know Lacey is having WINTER, and we are having fall...very windy yesterday, today, probably tomorrow, and the next day..highs have been in the low 70's..in the morning in the mid 50's...more humdity and the folks in charge of weather are saying slight chance of rain.

Ok everyone share your weather!

Old 10-14-2009, 07:19 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,398 times
Morning all, Got all the running done yesterday and had a great lunch with my dd at her favorite place. Gonna straighten up the house some over the next couple of days, thank goodness no deep cleaning to be done. Might have a showing Saturday IF they come back into town. Folks sold their house in TX and have to be out at the end of the month, they are flustered about not finding what they want. So they are looking into outside of their desired area now. Not much faith put into this one.

The weather here? It gets surprisingly cold when you think of Fl. but not often and it doesn't stick around long either. It has gotten into the teens and low 20's, now Lace remember this is FL! I would say we have a couple of weeks in the 30s as an average, that would be Jan/Feb. though. It doesn't bother me but I do hate breaking ice in the early hours in the barn. The first winter here I was at the local diner when someone came in and yelled its snowing! The place emptied out, everyone incl. the kitchen workers ran outside as I sat there in total amazememt. They came back in single file with the guy swearing he saw A snowflake, lol. Thats my story of farmers in FL for the day.

Old 10-14-2009, 07:42 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,048,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Night all and Shelly Watson is growing up and he will have less accidents as the weeks go by. The first time with no accidents is a real surprise to every dog owner at least it always was to me. Night, Night.
Isn't that the truth - Shel, your boy's growing into a little man! Where does time go, but in this case growing up is a good thing = going potty outside and not inside Yeah!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Glad you both enjoyed it Joy, we did have the appraisal done today. The appraiser was from New Jersey. He was a dog lover, and was okay with the dogs following him around and sniffing him. He breeds yellow labs, and says he usually has at least 6 puppies in the house. I mentioned there is nothing like puppy breath. I think he got a kick out of that. He complimented Bob's carpentry skills, and said he really liked the private setting, and that the buyers are getting a great house. So, I guess he liked it, but it's still a waiting game, as far as the amount it appraises for. Anyway, it's done, phewww.
Amy so glad the appraisal went good and done by a DOG LOVER! God smiled on you between having all those pups himself, loving Bob's carpentry work, private setting and even telling you the buyers were getting a great house! They just don't say things like that if they're going to give a bad/low appraisal - they just keep their yap shut. Very good sign my friend and know when the report is turned in will be A-OK, then time to rock and roll!!!! (like pack lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookdaleresident View Post
agree. our dog recently became totally potty trained. she barks and runs to the door when she needs to go. it reminds me when my youngest was training.
night all
LOL whether 2 legged or 4, the first time 'no accidents' is a shocker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
October is also ...taa daaaaa....National Kitchen and Bath Month

do you like mine???
Sara, ya sure ya didn't take pics of my place lol almost fell off my chair

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Sara, I DO like yours, lol! Hey that was probably someone's fine home at one time..but now..not so much

Hey watch it Barb - looks like mine lol

What's everyone's weather like? I know Lacey is having WINTER, and we are having fall...very windy yesterday, today, probably tomorrow, and the next day..highs have been in the low 70's..in the morning in the mid 50's...more humdity and the folks in charge of weather are saying slight chance of rain.

Ok everyone share your weather!
Ah weather, right now overcast, 'cool' probably around 60 and high chance of rain. One time googled temps here and I have no idea where in the he$$ they pulled the numbers from (probably station in Costa Rica), but it showed current temps of like 85 or some crap like that. Yeah, minus like 20 degrees Had to find one where weather station was located at least somewhere in our area to get half-way correct reading. Maybe I'll buy a temp guage and put outside, 'cause with all of our micro-climates it does change from area to area, but 85 in Boquete area? Uh, don't think so! At night temps do drop and this time of the year, feels like high 50's - but I'm so acclimated that it could have been warmer but felt like 50's to me.

So I'll check back when more campers are up and about. I know what a couple are doing - one dealing with psycho bus drivers and the other packing for a great vacation!

Old 10-14-2009, 07:48 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Isn't that the truth - Shel, your boy's growing into a little man! Where does time go, but in this case growing up is a good thing = going potty outside and not inside Yeah!!!

Amy so glad the appraisal went good and done by a DOG LOVER! God smiled on you between having all those pups himself, loving Bob's carpentry work, private setting and even telling you the buyers were getting a great house! They just don't say things like that if they're going to give a bad/low appraisal - they just keep their yap shut. Very good sign my friend and know when the report is turned in will be A-OK, then time to rock and roll!!!! (like pack lol)

LOL whether 2 legged or 4, the first time 'no accidents' is a shocker.

Sara, ya sure ya didn't take pics of my place lol almost fell off my chair

Ah weather, right now overcast, 'cool' probably around 60 and high chance of rain. One time googled temps here and I have no idea where in the he$$ they pulled the numbers from (probably station in Costa Rica), but it showed current temps of like 85 or some crap like that. Yeah, minus like 20 degrees Had to find one where weather station was located at least somewhere in our area to get half-way correct reading. Maybe I'll buy a temp guage and put outside, 'cause with all of our micro-climates it does change from area to area, but 85 in Boquete area? Uh, don't think so! At night temps do drop and this time of the year, feels like high 50's - but I'm so acclimated that it could have been warmer but felt like 50's to me.

So I'll check back when more campers are up and about. I know what a couple are doing - one dealing with psycho bus drivers and the other packing for a great vacation!
RAISES HAND LOL. here I AM JOY!! I think the halls cough drops got to me LMAO!
Quote:
Amazing the things that make us think of our childhood - though vicks was never one of my fav things - i remember cherry flavored cough drops. Not that they worked but sure did taste good!
DO you remember the ones called Smith Brothers couph drops??? they were triangular, weren't they?

It's frickin 39 here this am. HAD to turn heat on. If it was just Scott and I we wouldnt have the heat on lol...but with the twin a does! we need it! I am so stuffed up ... Any good home remedies ??I am drinking honey lemon and tea....no whiskey LOL..
Tex- you must be so psyched for your trip! I still think we should all GO WITH Tex! LOL.in her suitcase! Watsaboo will be in Heaven having a good ole time there!

Barb- is it still windy there????????? How are you feeling?
Painter- cold in Fl too?
Lacey- did you build an igloo?
HDL_ where are you? We will bug you every day, right Joy?
HAMMY- Where are you? Pics of baby Ham??? Hope you are on the mend!
GOLD----- how goes it? what state are you in again?
Sideway sally was on the bus but only gets off when she takes the kids off the bus----Sideways that is. LOL

OMG. I HATE THAT motivated seller ---lower your price thread. OMG> I can have my house listed at 100k and they would still want closing costs.

Last edited by njsocks; 10-14-2009 at 08:06 AM..

Old 10-14-2009, 07:53 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,048,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Morning all, Got all the running done yesterday and had a great lunch with my dd at her favorite place. Gonna straighten up the house some over the next couple of days, thank goodness no deep cleaning to be done. Might have a showing Saturday IF they come back into town. Folks sold their house in TX and have to be out at the end of the month, they are flustered about not finding what they want. So they are looking into outside of their desired area now. Not much faith put into this one.

The weather here? It gets surprisingly cold when you think of Fl. but not often and it doesn't stick around long either. It has gotten into the teens and low 20's, now Lace remember this is FL! I would say we have a couple of weeks in the 30s as an average, that would be Jan/Feb. though. It doesn't bother me but I do hate breaking ice in the early hours in the barn. The first winter here I was at the local diner when someone came in and yelled its snowing! The place emptied out, everyone incl. the kitchen workers ran outside as I sat there in total amazememt. They came back in single file with the guy swearing he saw A snowflake, lol. Thats my story of farmers in FL for the day.
LOL that's too dang funny, Carol. 'A' snowflake. I'll bet poor Lacey only wishes it was 1 snowflake. Hope you're doing good and thank God no more deep cleaning to do. And who knows on these people from TX - there have been people I would have bet the farm they wouldn't buy and they did, then ones I was 200% they would turned into flakes (and not snowflakes lol). Just never know which buyer is going to be the 'one'. Have a good day girl.

Old 10-14-2009, 08:33 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Good luck Sat Painter!!!!

NJSocks-get some Mucinex-it works. My sinuses,etc suffered for all those NJ years.

Heat wave today, it's 35-snow she be acoming later.

Old 10-14-2009, 10:57 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,374,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Tex, what a great house!! always wanted to see the Outer Banks, never did.
This is the first time for me too Stoy!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
Hey Shelley, you better watch out! We stayed for a week at the Outer Banks the beginning of September, 2007. The middle of October, 2007 we signed for this house! The Carolinas have a way of luring you into their clutches. You are in Corolla (near Duck), we were at the other end. Just a bit north of the National Seashore. We did make a trip up there one day. Unfortunately, it's a bit far away from me or else I would drive up and spend the day with you.
Roth...loved the pic of Sophie sitting in the bay window! Have you completed the adoption paperwork yet?
How far are you from the Outer Banks ...just out of curiosity! That would be a great getaway trip for you and your hubby every now and then. There are a lot of homes there to rent and some of them are very reasonable for a week stay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
My daughter in laws dad and stepmom live in OK and we want to stop there on the way back, too..

Tex, i am sooo jealous of your trip to the outer banks. I want to go too, so you better find a really big suitcase to get us all into...take lots of pictures girl!
Is that Karen you are stopping to visit? If so...give her a big hug from me!!
I still have not made that Indian fry bread! She sent me a package of it to make Indian tacos. I have to do that when I get home from vacation.

Of course, I will let you in my suitcase!!! I will post lots of pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
What sweet people they are - and just pitching in for food and gas? Wow. That's great Shel. People like that are worth their weight in gold.
Amazing the things that make us think of our childhood - though vicks was never one of my fav things - i remember cherry flavored cough drops. Not that they worked but sure did taste good!

OMG no internet - what will you do lol Oh that's right -you'll be out having fun, fun, fun! and sure even with LaCoda he'll be glad to have you around for a week straight!

Really? That's awesome - they should have more shows like that. So many different people out there that it's a good way to help people have a better understanding. Anyway, that's great that is what the show is about and I never knew that with twins one could be a dwarf and the other not. What a great trip that would be when they have their pumpkin season event. Still think someone should help poor Amy do some of that cleaning!

He's growing up Mom! He KNOWS when you're not 'pleased' about him going on the floor so now he's holding it and letting you know. Good boy Watson
cherry cough drops---I loved them too!!
I can't wait to get pics of Watson in the surf and running along the beach and helping mama "unbuild" sand castles!!!
That would be a great trip to the Roloff's farm. We could all tell the lazy Roloff kids to get off their buts and give Amy a hand. I, too, didn't know that you could have twins with one being regular sized and the other one being a dwarf. They are definitely fraternal twins because dwarfism is caused by a spontaneous genetic mutation in the egg or sperm cells prior to conception...
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
here's a good one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Joy- speaking of buses.............My kids and I were waiting for sideway sally and Nasty one to come...late again,..anyway! so I have my back toward the one grandmother that comes with her grandson....I am watching my kids get up the stairs on the bus......and Nasty one yells...WHO THREW UP? I looked at her? like wtf? on the sidewalk was puke lol.........and the grandmother had her grandson getting up on the bus....and sideway sally comes screaming...YOU CAN'T LET HIM ON THE BUS. The poor 3 year old had just yuked and she screams. I said, look, I just looked at him and then my kids got on the bus........so it must have happ. in 2 seconds! He didn't cry/scream/anything! poor kid!! Nothing like screaming at someone like that!! She talked right down to that poor grandma!!! How sad....I gave them the filthiest look........too bad the little boy didn't make it on the bus and puke right on the Terminator!!!!!!!!
Anne...you really need to report them to whomever you can. That is inappropriate behavior!
Quote:
Mia is hacking up a lung in her sleep.......gonna be a long night. Poor baby..........Noah is 3/4 there of getting better. My ears hurt like hell and coughing up a lung or two too lol...but will muddle through. Pumpkin/apple picking might wait for 2 weeks!! This weekend supp. to be cold /rainy crappy......dont need swine flu next lol........ugh.

Texaroo-------Mia said "Watson is looking at me! "when she saw the pick again of Watson and Bella LOL>>>>>>> lol......too cute.......
Theraflu if the best OTC medicine there is in my opinion. Hope you and Mia are feeling much better today. Tell Noah to keep away from you both so he doesn't recatch it!!
That is too sweet what Mia said about Watson looking at her--darn tootin' he was!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
PAULA DEEN??? oh puleez LOL she is one of those high maintenance, new money, 'southern' women....now you wants some 'southern' good cooks, I will be glad to introduce you to my mama's side of the family, they kick butt in the kitchen. Now my Aunt Nell, God rest her soul, weren't nothing to look at, no jewelry or big hair, no gourmet kitchen or fancy gadgets, but she could cook some mighty fine eats! Lard biscuits, sausage & gravy, soup beans(pintos), greens, beans, everything in between. Chocolate pie with the lightest most perfect meringue you ever saw or tasted. Pound cake so rich and buttery. ( FRESH churned butter no less!) Oh yeah Paula might have a show but I tell ya there are many a fine cook lurking out there
OMG---I want chocolate pie now!!!

Old 10-14-2009, 11:21 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,374,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Night all and Shelly Watson is growing up and he will have less accidents as the weeks go by. The first time with no accidents is a real surprise to every dog owner at least it always was to me. Night, Night.
Thanks Lorrie...I was shocked when I saw a clean pee pad and caged area.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brookdaleresident View Post
agree. our dog recently became totally potty trained. she barks and runs to the door when she needs to go. it reminds me when my youngest was training.
night all
How long did it take for your dog to be completely potty trained Brookdale?
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
That is a funny story!! Reminds me of how Austinites act when it snows once in a blue moon down there.
Quote:

I am so stuffed up ... Any good home remedies ??I am drinking honey lemon and tea....no whiskey LOL..

Tex- you must be so psyched for your trip! I still think we should all GO WITH Tex! LOL.in her suitcase! Watsaboo will be in Heaven having a good ole time there!

Lacey- did you build an igloo?
LMAO at Lace building an igloo!!!

I am getting excited about the trip. It will be nice to be away from cold dreary weather and the ICU!! I think y'all should use Joy's transporter and beam yourself onto the Outer Banks!!

As for home remedies for congestion--take a pot of water---boil it...Remove from stove, throw in a gob of vicks--put your head over it with a towel wrapped around the pot and your face, so you are breathing in pure vicks steam!!! Be careful of steam burns though!! Don't do this with Mia only you!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post

NJSocks-get some Mucinex-it works. My sinuses,etc suffered for all those NJ years.

Heat wave today, it's 35-snow she be acoming later.
I'll send you some sunshine next week!

I think it was Joy who said Willow and Watson would make a cute couple! I agree---I think they would be adorable together!!! I would love a photo of the 2 of them together--what beautiful children Lorrie and I have!!

OK...have to try to get maybe another hour of sleep if Watson will allow it.

Old 10-14-2009, 11:31 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Igloo????? Not funny-LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate