Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2009, 08:50 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,374,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post

Damn snow is coming down heavy. What scares me is it only took my 1st 3 years here to eat my way up 60 lbs from depression and I never want that again as I have lost it and more and back to my Jersey bod. It looks like a long crap winter.
I know what you mean re: Winter and depression. I get the same way. I swear I suffer from SAD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
was talking to another mom who said her son is now in Kindergarten and some of the kids dont know their alphabet or cannot write it out. My kids have it mastered writing it and saying it a while back..Not to brag but you have to work with your kids. Teachers can only do so much!

Tex- forgot hospitals have to always work too!!!!!!!!!!!!! I should know I used to work in them quite abit!!
I hope Watsaboo and you are sleeping now!!! You need rest!
Watson let me sleep after me being gone all night?? You are kidding right?!?! He's raring to go!
I'm not surprised that Mia and Noah have the alphabet mastered!! Those are two smart kiddies!

Old 10-12-2009, 09:09 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,062 times
NJ, no offense taken!!! i know i have it pretty good. Yes, Cold, but can't complain since I'm moving to Co. Cold and sunny is fine, cold, cloudy, depressing, for days on end, uh-huh.

Old 10-12-2009, 09:59 AM

2,364 posts, read 4,873,826 times
I can't believe that these people answering this thread can't see this person is a troll first class!

Do the old rules apply in this current market?

Old 10-12-2009, 10:13 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,048,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Morning' out there, No news here but you folks were very talkative yesterday. The deck job started yesterday so I was placing boards and swung the hammer afew times, lol, it is gonna be pretty neat when done. Pretty sad when a person gets excited about someone elses deck, lol.

Hey I get excited about someone elses deck or renovations. My LL are even going to add one onto the back of my little casita with a nice overhang so I can sit outside - then I can torment the roosters lol

Niki, Gal my heart goes out to you, I have been there and done that. You have alot of decisions to make and your faith will get you where you need to be. But as difficult as it is, you need to find a way to get an attorney. In some states the husband will be ordered to pay the fees especially in the case of abandonment which is what he has done. Please at least make some calls. You dont have to be filing for divorce if you are not ready but talk to them about a LEGAL seperation.

Niki, that would be good middle ground about legal seperation, then you'll still get support and down the line who knows? Maybe then he'd be receptive to counseling, think about things etc. - I know this is so tough on you and like Carol, she and I have both been there, done that and what's important is YOU and the CHILDREN. We're only trying to help you and the kids get what you're rightfully entitled to. It really will help you and he has essentially abandoned you all so, just keep the faith - but take that first step down the ladder so to speak. XX

Dogmom, Grandbabies are down the road for you. My ds got married last Aug, a yr ago and here they are expecting. They find out in 2 weeks the sex but I am already asking about the little cowBOY which she doesn't find amusing, lol. Just another reason to find a new place with a couple of acres so I can buy a pony for the 4th birthday. Yep the grandbaby will learn to ride at 4, boy or girl, lol, and it doesn't matter what momma or daddy says.

Oh well have to go on with the day now----take care everyone!
That's about the same age I started - dad got me on a shetland pony so I could start learning how to ride. Then when we moved out to the country and I was bigger got to ride the big boys (or girls). And getting it a pony for it's 4th birthday - brilliant. One way to make sure they always want to go to GM house all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Tam no wonder I didn't sell-we face north and door is tan.

Girl I'm not even selling and I'm going to find out which way my doors face and try it - if it brings luck, hey I'll try it! Just have to get a dang compass so I know which way they face 'cause have no clue.

Damn snow is coming down heavy. What scares me is it only took my 1st 3 years here to eat my way up 60 lbs from depression and I never want that again as I have lost it and more and back to my Jersey bod. It looks like a long crap winter.
Dang girl - that's a lot of snow. Maybe cover up windows with pictures of beach scenes or something so when you're inside you 'think' you're at the beach instead of in the middle of a MN winter! Fake out your brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
oh ,shat. I hope I didn't offend you. That was a blanket statement I made and should't put it that way! I am just jealous that teachers get the summers off... Sorry Stoy. They do deserve it.. I couldnt deal with 15-30 kids *whether it would be pre-k, k-12!) I commend you all for doing that with patience!

I couldn't deal with 3 or 4, let alone 15-30 I swear, I'd hang my machete by the chalk board just as a reminder to be nice to Miss Joy lol

AMY! Ok. Door is Black with gold door knocker. So water... Hm, I have a fountain out front....don't Asians like fountains alot? I am stereotyping now! but seriously............fountains are supposed to mean prosperity or something. Where did you find this ! This is great!!

LMAO about the fountain comment. And, yeah, wealth and STEELER colors so good color!

JOY, i REMEMBER occasionally getting the wooden spoon on my aszz lol when I was younger.. now yes, some parents are afraid of their kids! Scary! I was talking w/ one of the moms at my kids schools and she said the parents dont teach their kids anything..some are still trying to pass 7th grade after THREE TRIES!!!!!!!!!!!! omg!! This is in the Bronx. THe kids don't learn a damn thing because the parents arent home or are too lazy to help them! I was talking to another mom who said her son is now in Kindergarten and some of the kids dont know their alphabet or cannot write it out. My kids have it mastered writing it and saying it a while back..Not to brag but you have to work with your kids. Teachers can only do so much!

Girl I used to get the paddle AT school lol-never had to get spanked at home 'cause they didn't put up with nothing in the 70's at school and, well, my mouth always got me in trouble. Won the championship at school for most licks in one year - 13 not that my folks were proud of that. And you're so right about how kids just not learning things 'cause some parents don't help the kids at al and expect the schools to do everything - when in some schools teachers have to pull money out of their own pocket for supplies

So I'm gonna brag too about DS 'cause he hadn't even turned 2 yet and knew his alphabet (thank you Vanna White lol). Even his Dad's family thought he only knew them 'cause of the alphabet song, so they'd try to fake him out and randomly point at letters and DS always got it right. Finally he got tired of the 'game' and said, see I told you I knew my alphabet. He was born an old soul and an IQ that makes me look like a dirt clod.

I just lysoled all the counter tops with this lysol kitchen cleaner...and did all the door handles especially after all the people coming through our house! ick!...and will do them every day..I think the day off helped the kiddos with their colds............

Oh, I was hoping since they showed up an hour late that maybe you'd sent them out with a little 'gift' like a cold - but guess it's better they didn't pick up germs. But dang, showing up an hour late. Glad the day off is helping kiddos (and hopefully you too) feel better.

joy- I SWEAR DOnut man had a fat man suit on yesterday....It looked like he zipped a new set of fat up lol.........He looked bigger than normal. Must be the donuts catching up. Yikes. THought I would make you laugh girl.
Did he look like this on his scooter? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post

Thanks for the compliments on my boy. Yes, that Bella---she does have the hots for him! I think Watson is looking to launch a rocket soon--SNIP SNIP when we get home from vacation.

I knew you would be rooting for the Black & Gold!!

Well dang...I'll say the word--It's freakin' COLD today! It was 41 degrees when I came out to my car this morning! BRRRR.....I shouldn't complain because we don't have the white stuff yet. Stay warm, Lacey and Hammy....who else lives up that way??
Of course I'd be rooting for them; just P'od it was on PPV so couldn't watch it. and yeah watch out for that Bella; tramp lol and YOU can say the big C word, but I can't 'cause C here is not C there. Everyone stay warm. It is though very, very, very cool here today and getting ready to rain. Course flowers blooming like crazy so that's the upside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
NJ, no offense taken!!! i know i have it pretty good. Yes, Cold, but can't complain since I'm moving to Co. Cold and sunny is fine, cold, cloudy, depressing, for days on end, uh-huh.
Yeah Stoy, plus you're moving to the Western Slope which doesn't get as cold or snowy as the other parts of CO. Good choice to move to

Old 10-12-2009, 10:15 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,275,534 times
Good Morning campers, greetings from the Nuthouse. Carl has already been on a tear looking for things, he is doing a repair on the jeep and couldnt find the WD 40..told him it's wherever he last left it..our garage is such a mess..I just walk through there and close my eyes or I will get really wigged out..ugh..

I really didn't take any pictures at the wedding reception, sorry girls..there are some pictures someone took yesterday at the bbq, but not me. I guess I was not in the camera operator mood. But if I can get some emailed to me I will post them..

When I went to Target on Saturday with my mom to shop for wedding gift, I found the valance for my bathroom I have been looking for. You know how you have an idea of what you want, but don't 'see' it. Well they jumped out at me..they go nice with my comforter set, now all this house needs, sort of, is paint..
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3842.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	50788

Name:	100_3844.jpg
Views:	503
Size:	217.9 KB
ID:	50789

Name:	100_3847.jpg
Views:	458
Size:	449.9 KB
ID:	50790

the last pic is my comforter..what do you all think??

Ok going to lay down for a bit..all the travel and frivolity this weekend kind of hit me like a brick...tired and having some pain..will feel better later..

Hugs to you all..

Old 10-12-2009, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
I can't believe that these people answering this thread can't see this person is a troll first class!

Not sure a troll but a delusional seller - comps selling for at least $200k less and he wants that price for major fixer upper? He needs to get a grip on reality.

Old 10-12-2009, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post

No kidding..maybe we are the only ones on here who can spot a troll??

Old 10-12-2009, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Good Morning campers, greetings from the Nuthouse. Carl has already been on a tear looking for things, he is doing a repair on the jeep and couldnt find the WD 40..told him it's wherever he last left it..our garage is such a mess..I just walk through there and close my eyes or I will get really wigged out..ugh..

I really didn't take any pictures at the wedding reception, sorry girls..there are some pictures someone took yesterday at the bbq, but not me. I guess I was not in the camera operator mood. But if I can get some emailed to me I will post them..

When I went to Target on Saturday with my mom to shop for wedding gift, I found the valance for my bathroom I have been looking for. You know how you have an idea of what you want, but don't 'see' it. Well they jumped out at me..they go nice with my comforter set, now all this house needs, sort of, is paint..
Attachment 50788

Attachment 50789

Attachment 50790

the last pic is my comforter..what do you all think??

Ok going to lay down for a bit..all the travel and frivolity this weekend kind of hit me like a brick...tired and having some pain..will feel better later..

Hugs to you all..
Looks beautiful barb and love the tassles on the valance! Your comforter looks so pretty too. Good job, girl! Hope Carl finds that WD40 lol

Old 10-12-2009, 10:41 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,034 times
Default Tambra

Tambre-leaving was horrid for me. Leaving my kids and especially grands tore my guts out. The pain is less now and I make sure I get there at least 2x a year. Quote......

I was reading camp 5 and went to reply on this post by Lacey when i found out there was no more camp 5 but had to add I feel the same as Lacey this move was such a mistake for us after being so close to our daughter, hubby and grandkids when they came along. We go 2 -3 times a year to CA but that really is not enough since the youngest is only 8 and we moved when she was 3 or 4.

Old 10-12-2009, 10:43 AM

well i put my jammas on..its cloudy and cool here this morning..good sleeping weather. Halo could not wait for me to get back to bed, i think the big dogs were stressing himout.he is sound asleep...snore..snore..

I just keep thinking about all you girls..you are my friends..most of us are suffering in some way, houses, kids, pets, hubbys..I was thinking what a diverse gang we are but still such a bond here. Niki I am glad you are here to chat with us. I honestly don't know what I would do without you all. Honest.

Ok here is a swanky picture of me, its a little old though:
I was really dressed up this day

Name:	Copy of 6-6-2008_231.JPG
Views:	441
Size:	354.8 KB
ID:	50807
Ok there is our chuckle for today, hugs and love
xoxoxox
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate