Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2009, 06:00 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,062 times

Advertisements

Good morning, i have the day off. Cloudy, in the 30's, yuck. I have nothing exciting going on today but hope everyone has a GOOD day!

Old 10-12-2009, 06:17 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Morning Stoy and all-snowing here and 29-could get 3".

Old 10-12-2009, 06:26 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post

3 inches Lace??29 degrees?? Its 40 something here overnight and I was freezing!! I am getting an electric blanket soon! or a big ole downcomforter... OMG!! Now my kids would be screaming joyfully if they heard you say that one!! Too early. I remember in Buffalo we had 1 snowfall BEFORE Halloween. Actually there was a freak snow storm a few years ago that made national news there....before Nov..... Stay warm Lace!!
Quote:
Thanks Anne. I couldn't hear what you were saying in the garage...all I heard was you showed the pictures to the twins. I love that 2nd pic of him and Bella.
Shel- no worries Shel...I figured you were in the garage....and you did WARN me! I just keep gabbing on and on LOL>. I do love the one of Watsaboo and Bella. Frame it girl. That is awesome. Hope you had an ok night at work....Hopefully the one nurse wasn't a grumpus!

Joy- thinking of you.......We are here for you. Hope you got some rest and have something to eat.

Stoy- Columbus Day---everyone off! My kids are off from school today. 2 more weeks and it'll be NJ conference week! 1 whole week off. Like being home for Xmas!!break! Damn, I would like to be a teacher with the hours they work!

Barb- show us some pics of the wedding!I am sure you looked swingin!

Tambre or Stoy- did you guys mention on here that you had showings on the people who actually bought your homes??? I think I will refrain myself from mentioning these half asszed showings were getting. I cannot believe the one had nerve to be late 1 hr....and we still left the house for them with a house full of sick people here lol..

HI to everyone...
Jodyrose--is MIA. How are you doing???????

Old 10-12-2009, 06:55 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,149,836 times
Morning everyone,

When NJ said that she had Asian buyers looking at her house, thought maybe some feng shui tips for the front door might help. Copied these off the web.

The colours of the door should reflect the compass direction it faces according to the Five Elements and/or be in balance with the elemental properties of the energies of the sector where the door is located. I have listed associated colours below.

South (Fire) = Reds, pink, burgundy.
Southwest (Earth) = Yellows or browns.
West (Metal) = White, silver, copper or gold.
Northwest (Metal) = White, silver, copper or gold.
North (Water) = Blacks or blues.
Northeast (Earth) = Yellows or browns.
East (Wood) = Greens.
Southeast (Wood) = Greens.

Old 10-12-2009, 07:02 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,062 times
i didnt even know i was feng shui compliant. our south facing door is burgundy.
yeah, NJ, are think you are referring to how we got the offer but then the buyers wanted to come look again before they signed.
I can't wait for a few inches of snow! We had a big storm end of last October.
NJ, reg school teachers seem to have a nice schedule, but maybe they have to work those days? I don't have in-service days like at a regular school. We have our in-service time AFTER work. Cant complain, my next given days off are 5 for Thanksgiving!!

Old 10-12-2009, 07:46 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,398 times
Morning' out there, No news here but you folks were very talkative yesterday. The deck job started yesterday so I was placing boards and swung the hammer afew times, lol, it is gonna be pretty neat when done. Pretty sad when a person gets excited about someone elses deck, lol.

Lacey, Are you bundled up and settling in? Can't believe 3", thought you would have just a dusting. I didn't even look at the weather station till this a.m., of course we are suppose to get more rain.

Niki, Gal my heart goes out to you, I have been there and done that. You have alot of decisions to make and your faith will get you where you need to be. But as difficult as it is, you need to find a way to get an attorney. In some states the husband will be ordered to pay the fees especially in the case of abandonment which is what he has done. Please at least make some calls. You dont have to be filing for divorce if you are not ready but talk to them about a LEGAL seperation.

Joy, I am sorry to hear about Albert and I know how much you are missing him. It is rough to loose a pet and their uncondional love.

Dogmom, Grandbabies are down the road for you. My ds got married last Aug, a yr ago and here they are expecting. They find out in 2 weeks the sex but I am already asking about the little cowBOY which she doesn't find amusing, lol. Just another reason to find a new place with a couple of acres so I can buy a pony for the 4th birthday. Yep the grandbaby will learn to ride at 4, boy or girl, lol, and it doesn't matter what momma or daddy says.

Oh well have to go on with the day now----take care everyone!

Old 10-12-2009, 07:49 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,048,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Thanks Anne. I couldn't hear what you were saying in the garage...all I heard was you showed the pictures to the twins. I love that 2nd pic of him and Bella.
Morning Shel - sounds like me when it starts raining and since i have a metal roof, albiet with a drop down ceiling feel like that dang commercial 'can you hear me now'? I insisted my LL put in drop down ceiling, cause last little casita didn't have one and when it rained I swear I couldn't even hear myself think. the pics were adorable and my oh my Watson was a handsome lad - just watch out for the Bella girl lol we know she has the hots for him - but what little girl wouldn't XXOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
The wedding was fine...it was actually a reception, the couple are Mormon and got married earlier in the day in the temple, so it was just reception.

I work my black spanx slacks, very slinky and slimming, yes they really do work, and my sheer pink/black printed top with a black cami underneath and FLATS, black FLATS.. my fancy shoes are out in the garage somewhere. We had fun, of course no beer or wine, but we saw folks we had not seen for a while..it was a 2 hour drive each way, we left here a little after 4 and we got home about 11...

Dang girl, pics please! Bet you looked fab - and forgot Mormans don't drink do they? Bummer - being the bad girl I am, probably would have had a flask with cerveza in my purse.

Then today we drove to our friends for a bbq birthday for their family..they have several October birthdays and the past few years we have been out of state to it's always cool to be back 'home' even if we have to drive 70 miles each way...we found out my best girlfriends son, who grew up with my boys from birth, and his wife are expecting. Well they all knew, I just found out today..they forgot to tell me...I felt a little hurt at first, but she works and goes to college full time, we don't talk on the phone a lot, so I understand I was not the first to know lol..anyway we just seem to be having all these babies my sister's son and wife are expecting her first grandchild. I want one! LOL..I guess when my son and wife are ready...they just got married in April, but its true girls, I have baby fever right now. I want a grandbaby! In due time, I was happy for my friend...and her 50th birthday is this month too. Goodness.

Ah, that's great about the new baby and think that's why my DS is so, well, spoiled by his paternal relatives. He's the only grandchild of my former in-laws (they only had 2 kids themselves) and the daughter hasn't married and now DS dad is 57 so he won't be having anymore. Anyway, DS always had stuff sent to him from Texas where a lot of the family lives - his poor dad; boxes filled with stuff for DS and me, and maybe one thing for dad. Told him, sorry, but I'm the one that gave them the GS so . . . . lol

Well my Angels beat the Sox so we are happy over the moon about that, they play the Yanks and my son in Sac went online right after the win today and ordered 4 tix for the 2nd home game, which will be next Tuesday, so he and wife are coming down, and we will all go. We have always wanted to go to a playoff game, so that's going to be a blast. I told him to put it on my cc..you should have heard the smile in that kid's voice. Priceless!

Ok I am so tired..heading to bed soon, took my meds. I am thinking abou Joy and wishing I could give her a big ole hug..my heart is breaking

later campers~
Glad your team won and boo Yankees - never been a fan even though for so long the best team money could buy. Dont' watch baseball - used to watch it during playoffs and then the series, but . . . hockey is my fav sport and of course good football games but I only have a couple of teams that I've been following since i was a kid. Couldn't get the Steelers game cause dang it was on PPV and neither Fox Sports, ESPN or this other football channel had it. Wanted to see it, but wasn't going to do the NFL ticket like psuedo did 'cause I'm not like a die hard, watch EVERY team, fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Your wedding outfit sounds so pretty Barb. Please post some pics when you can.
My team won today too (Steelers)!!

Don't worry, you will be a grandma before you know it. And what a wonderful one you'll be!!
Yes they did! GO STEELERS! Bumbed that was only on PPV; never know which games will be on and which won't. Did get Monday night football, but think on Sundays when so many teams play that's where the NFL 'ticket' comes in cause it told me 'sorry, you're not signed up'. But I was rooting for them in spirit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki View Post
Joy,
I'm sorry
(((HUGS)))
Thanks Niki and hope you and your darling children are doing good today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Good morning, i have the day off. Cloudy, in the 30's, yuck. I have nothing exciting going on today but hope everyone has a GOOD day!
Same here but not in the 30's -feels like it but, will not use the big C word - let's just say overcast and very, very cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Dear God that's cold and they say 3" but there you never know. Stay warm. I just got colder after reading your's an Stoys post. Whoops - not cold; very, very, very 'cool'

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
3 inches Lace??29 degrees?? Its 40 something here overnight and I was freezing!! I am getting an electric blanket soon! or a big ole downcomforter... OMG!! Now my kids would be screaming joyfully if they heard you say that one!! Too early. I remember in Buffalo we had 1 snowfall BEFORE Halloween. Actually there was a freak snow storm a few years ago that made national news there....before Nov..... Stay warm Lace!!

Morning Annie and yeah kids love snow! They don't have to do the shoveling, scraping and all that. Had a neighbor who had one of those fancy SUV's where he could stand at his window and turn his car on to warm up so when he got in, windows defrosted, warm - I wanted to kill him. Fortunately for him I did not have a machete in CO lol 'cause I had to run through snowbanks and do it manually. Ugh.

Shel- no worries Shel...I figured you were in the garage....and you did WARN me! I just keep gabbing on and on LOL>. I do love the one of Watsaboo and Bella. Frame it girl. That is awesome. Hope you had an ok night at work....Hopefully the one nurse wasn't a grumpus!

Yeah, same here Shel - can't believe that male nurse was so unprofessional wouldn't give you any info. I mean my God you all work together and not like you just walked in off the street asking for confidential patient info!

Joy- thinking of you.......We are here for you. Hope you got some rest and have something to eat. Thanks annie - did sleep, working on eating next.

Stoy- Columbus Day---everyone off! My kids are off from school today. 2 more weeks and it'll be NJ conference week! 1 whole week off. Like being home for Xmas!!break! Damn, I would like to be a teacher with the hours they work!

Man I've been gone so long I forget all of the holidays there. And yeah, teachers get a lot of days off but 2 big downsides 1) they have to deal with children all day lol 2) a lot of parents expect the teacher's to be the parents and no corporal punishment allowed anymore. Let me tell ya, a couple good whacks with the paddle got my butt in line but of course now can't even look crossed eyed at kids or it's child abuse. I really admire Stoy and other teachers who can deal with it. I'm afraid, well - let's just say me with a bunch of kids would not be a good thing.

Tambre or Stoy- did you guys mention on here that you had showings on the people who actually bought your homes??? I think I will refrain myself from mentioning these half asszed showings were getting. I cannot believe the one had nerve to be late 1 hr....and we still left the house for them with a house full of sick people here lol..

HI to everyone...
Jodyrose--is MIA. How are you doing???????
Showed up an hour late? Do people not know how to schedule things well maybe you sent them with a little 'gift' that will keep giving for a week or so lol and Jody probably out selling a million houses. Too bad she's not licensed where you girls are or she'd sell those houses in a day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Morning everyone,

When NJ said that she had Asian buyers looking at her house, thought maybe some feng shui tips for the front door might help. Copied these off the web.

The colours of the door should reflect the compass direction it faces according to the Five Elements and/or be in balance with the elemental properties of the energies of the sector where the door is located. I have listed associated colours below.

East (Wood) = Greens.
I have a white front and back door and don't think either faces NW or West - hmmmm. Maybe i need to repaint them if only I could figure out which direction they face. Must find a compass 'cause no frickin clue. The country throws me off cause it runs east/west so I literally never know which way I'm facing. Like when I lived in Denver always knew which way was west 'cause of the mountains - then i moved to the mountains and never knew which direction I was facing.

Quote:

Well there ya have it! I love burgundy. Pretty color and feng shui complaint! and you did sell the house so . . . . maybe something to it.

yeah, NJ, are think you are referring to how we got the offer but then the buyers wanted to come look again before they signed.
NJ, reg school teachers seem to have a nice schedule, but maybe they have to work those days? I don't have in-service days like at a regular school. We have our in-service time AFTER work. Cant complain, my next given days off are 5 for Thanksgiving!!
That does kind of suck though that you have your in-serve time AFTER work esepcially with the kids you have to deal with. I'd be brain dead trying to do it after a full day. Glad you're at least getting 5 days off for Thanksgiving holidays. We have the never ending holidays starting in November too, but 2 independence days plus the day the first woman yelled the independence. Supposed to be one day holidays but here every holiday is like a week long celebration. Hard to do biz when both offices on main street Ugh. Then 8 December is mother's day, then Christmas and being a Catholic country all the stuff that comes before and after. Pretty much non-stop holidays until after Good Friday when is next year.

So girls gonna try and bang out some emails and you all stay warm! Just hearing temps is making me Brrrrrr. I'll see you all around the camp later. Just need to play some catch up. XXOO to everyone.

Old 10-12-2009, 08:16 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Tam no wonder I didn't sell-we face north and door is tan.

Joy-good to see you posting girl.

Damn snow is coming down heavy. What scares me is it only took my 1st 3 years here to eat my way up 60 lbs from depression and I never want that again as I have lost it and more and back to my Jersey bod. It looks like a long crap winter.

Old 10-12-2009, 08:17 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,659 times
Quote:
oh ,shat. I hope I didn't offend you. That was a blanket statement I made and should't put it that way! I am just jealous that teachers get the summers off... Sorry Stoy. They do deserve it.. I couldnt deal with 15-30 kids *whether it would be pre-k, k-12!) I commend you all for doing that with patience!

Quote:
Morning everyone,

East (Wood) = Greens.
AMY! Ok. Door is Black with gold door knocker. So water... Hm, I have a fountain out front....don't Asians like fountains alot? I am stereotyping now! but seriously............fountains are supposed to mean prosperity or something. Where did you find this ! This is great!!

Quote:
Man I've been gone so long I forget all of the holidays there. And yeah, teachers get a lot of days off but 2 big downsides 1) they have to deal with children all day lol 2) a lot of parents expect the teacher's to be the parents and no corporal punishment allowed anymore. Let me tell ya, a couple good whacks with the paddle got my butt in line but of course now can't even look crossed eyed at kids or it's child abuse. I really admire Stoy and other teachers who can deal with it. I'm afraid, well - let's just say me with a bunch of kids would not be a good thing
JOY, i REMEMBER occasionally getting the wooden spoon on my aszz lol when I was younger.. now yes, some parents are afraid of their kids! Scary! I was talking w/ one of the moms at my kids schools and she said the parents dont teach their kids anything..some are still trying to pass 7th grade after THREE TRIES!!!!!!!!!!!! omg!! This is in the Bronx. THe kids don't learn a damn thing because the parents arent home or are too lazy to help them! I was talking to another mom who said her son is now in Kindergarten and some of the kids dont know their alphabet or cannot write it out. My kids have it mastered writing it and saying it a while back..Not to brag but you have to work with your kids. Teachers can only do so much!
Quote:
Showed up an hour late? Do people not know how to schedule things well maybe you sent them with a little 'gift' that will keep giving for a week or so lol and Jody probably out selling a million houses. Too bad she's not licensed where you girls are or she'd sell those houses in a day!
I just lysoled all the counter tops with this lysol kitchen cleaner...and did all the door handles especially after all the people coming through our house! ick!...and will do them every day..I think the day off helped the kiddos with their colds............

Tex- forgot hospitals have to always work too!!!!!!!!!!!!! I should know I used to work in them quite abit!!
I hope Watsaboo and you are sleeping now!!! You need rest!

joy- I SWEAR DOnut man had a fat man suit on yesterday....It looked like he zipped a new set of fat up lol.........He looked bigger than normal. Must be the donuts catching up. Yikes. THought I would make you laugh girl.

Last edited by njsocks; 10-12-2009 at 08:26 AM..

Old 10-12-2009, 08:39 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,374,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post

Dogmom, Grandbabies are down the road for you. My ds got married last Aug, a yr ago and here they are expecting. They find out in 2 weeks the sex but I am already asking about the little cowBOY which she doesn't find amusing, lol. Just another reason to find a new place with a couple of acres so I can buy a pony for the 4th birthday. Yep the grandbaby will learn to ride at 4, boy or girl, lol, and it doesn't matter what momma or daddy says.
Your littlecowboy or cowgirl is going to love visiting grandma!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Morning Shel - sounds like me when it starts raining and since i have a metal roof, albiet with a drop down ceiling feel like that dang commercial 'can you hear me now'? I insisted my LL put in drop down ceiling, cause last little casita didn't have one and when it rained I swear I couldn't even hear myself think. the pics were adorable and my oh my Watson was a handsome lad - just watch out for the Bella girl lol we know she has the hots for him - but what little girl wouldn't XXOO

[b] Yes they did! GO STEELERS! Bumbed that was only on PPV; never know which games will be on and which won't. Did get Monday night football, but think on Sundays when so many teams play that's where the NFL 'ticket' comes in cause it told me 'sorry, you're not signed up'. But I was rooting for them in spirit!

Same here but not in the 30's -feels like it but, will not use the big C word - let's just say overcast and very, very cool!
I was in the parking garage of the hospital and it is a dead zone as far as cell phone service goes!

Thanks for the compliments on my boy. Yes, that Bella---she does have the hots for him! I think Watson is looking to launch a rocket soon--SNIP SNIP when we get home from vacation.

I knew you would be rooting for the Black & Gold!!

Well dang...I'll say the word--It's freakin' COLD today! It was 41 degrees when I came out to my car this morning! BRRRR.....I shouldn't complain because we don't have the white stuff yet. Stay warm, Lacey and Hammy....who else lives up that way??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate