Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 05:35 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,212,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
apparently, though, he's just boring you now.
No, he's not boring me, I just want him to WANT to do more with me! We are very different in the way that I believe life is there to be LIVED, he is happier to spend time at home.

I guess this is where our 15 year age gap becomes a problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 05:38 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
I don't know how else to put it. You need different things to make you happy and fulfilled. You want to get out, he wants to stay home.

I don't know why women won't stay at home and play a nice game of chess...or Scrabble...or something.

Two words: Boggle night!

Old 06-21-2010, 05:39 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,664,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
No, he's not boring me, I just want him to WANT to do more with me! We are very different in the way that I believe life is there to be LIVED, he is happier to spend time at home.

I guess this is where our 15 year age gap becomes a problem.
LOL~ Gezzzz..

You have tried to talk to him about this same`ol story, right?
What was his reaction? Is he content to sit at home, while you go out?

Old 06-21-2010, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
You have tried to talk to him about this same`ol story, right?
What was his reaction? Is he content to sit at home, while you go out?
Whenever I go out I always make sure it is cool with him first. Honestly if he tells me he'd like me to stay home I'm happy to, but he never does. I always tell him "WE were invited" as if to say hey how bout it!!! But again he never does..

I just mentioned the age difference thing because the last time we were invited to a 21st he said "Oh yeah, me and a bunch of 21 year olds. It's ok for you, you're 30, I'm 45."

Old 06-21-2010, 05:56 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,346,533 times
Quote:
Last night my bf and I got into a mini fight.

I told him my cousin was in town and I might catch up with him this weekend and my bf got the angry about me going out all the time. I probably go out one night every second weekend. Other than things like girls nights out, he is always invited to come with me but he ALWAYS declines! What am I supposed to do? Waste my youth sitting at home on the couch every Friday and Saturday night flicking through tv channels while he zones out on the computer and totally ignores me?

I am thinking of not going and suggesting that he and I actually do something instead, like go out to a nice dinner. I can see his point of view - if he was out every weekend without me I wouldn't be too happy, but the difference is when we get invited out by his friends I always come along no matter what, just so I can be with him. He gets whiney and doesn't want to come if he won't know anyone whereas that doesn't bother me, I love making new friends.

So am I in the wrong here??? Should I be staying at home with him more?? Have you experienced this in your relationship before?

P.S. please, spare me the "haven't you dumped this guy yet?" posts. Thank you.
Only one night every two weeks?!

You need to get out more!

I go out once evry night now.

Hate to say it, but it sounds like your s/o is trying to own you and keep you locked away. That's not cool.

There is a saying. "If you love someone, let her be free, if she doesn't come back, then take a bath for God sakes!"

Last edited by TJenkins602; 06-21-2010 at 06:08 PM..

Old 06-21-2010, 05:58 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,664,027 times
Quote:
Whenever I go out I always make sure it is cool with him first. Honestly if he tells me he'd like me to stay home I'm happy to, but he never does. I always tell him "WE were invited" as if to say hey how bout it!!! But again he never does..

I just mentioned the age difference thing because the last time we were invited to a 21st he said "Oh yeah, me and a bunch of 21 year olds. It's ok for you, you're 30, I'm 45."

I don`t know sweetie..all I can tell you, is to talk to him about how you feel. Its obviously getting you down, and thats understandable.
You like to go out and meet new people..he is content sitting at home.
Thats tough, but let your feelings known to him.

Old 06-21-2010, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
There is a saying. "If you love someone, let him or her be free, if he or she doesn't come back, then take a bath for God sakes."
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
I don`t know sweetie..all I can tell you, is to talk to him about how you feel. Its obviously getting you down, and thats understandable.
You like to go out and meet new people..he is content sitting at home.
Thats tough, but let your feelings known to him.
Thanks, Yankee.

Old 06-21-2010, 06:09 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
Un-plug his computer. Many years ago there was a science fiction book about a device called the 'pleasure orb'. Once anyone in the book got one, all they did was spend time with it. It filled every idea and every fantasy. Back then there was no computers, it may have been a dream for some, but indeed today we have that device, and his needs to be un-plugged!

When you ask and he says no, either take his hand, and say your coming, or just leave. If you just leave stay out a long time and don't answer any questions about where and who. Maybe next time that pc will get un-plugged.

Old 06-21-2010, 06:15 PM

577 posts, read 1,758,977 times
You've had so many similiar threads... I think you just need to admit that you are growing apart and move on. Sometimes loving someone isnt enough anymore , you have to be happy and enjoying your life... not living one you will regret later.

Old 06-21-2010, 06:20 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,304,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine728 View Post
You've had so many similiar threads... I think you just need to admit that you are growing apart and move on. Sometimes loving someone isnt enough anymore , you have to be happy and enjoying your life... not living one you will regret later.
Yup. Short, sweet and to the point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships