Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 10:32 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,254,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
Was this really necessary? Why wouldn't you just not post in the thread at all?

Look I'm sorry some of you are so disappointed in me, but I enjoy coming here. It's an escape from my relationship. You don't have to give me advice if you don't want to, even though yes my questions are worded as just that, questions, a lot of the time more than anything I am looking to vent, and looking for other people's stories. I take a lot of comfort knowing I am not the only one out there.

If you don't want to give me advice or are sick of my threads, please just bypass them in future. These kind of comments help no one.
Don't worry sister, some of us are much-much worse and banged up as well. I slipped with a hole saw and sliced my palm now!LOL......... Keep your head up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 10:35 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,213,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
Don't worry sister, some of us are much-much worse and banged up as well. I slipped with a hole saw and sliced my palm now!LOL......... Keep your head up!
Ouch, hope you're ok!

Old 06-21-2010, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Ouch, hope you're ok!
It is all in a days work! I need a woman to bandage me up for work at least once a week! Any takers?LOL.........

Old 06-21-2010, 10:56 PM

751 posts, read 1,674,327 times
Quote:
Last night my bf and I got into a mini fight.

I told him my cousin was in town and I might catch up with him this weekend and my bf got the angry about me going out all the time. I probably go out one night every second weekend. Other than things like girls nights out, he is always invited to come with me but he ALWAYS declines! What am I supposed to do? Waste my youth sitting at home on the couch every Friday and Saturday night flicking through tv channels while he zones out on the computer and totally ignores me?

I am thinking of not going and suggesting that he and I actually do something instead, like go out to a nice dinner. I can see his point of view - if he was out every weekend without me I wouldn't be too happy, but the difference is when we get invited out by his friends I always come along no matter what, just so I can be with him. He gets whiney and doesn't want to come if he won't know anyone whereas that doesn't bother me, I love making new friends.

So am I in the wrong here??? Should I be staying at home with him more?? Have you experienced this in your relationship before?

P.S. please, spare me the "haven't you dumped this guy yet?" posts. Thank you.

I have the opposite situation.My b/f wants to go every place I go.Whenever I say I'm going say just for a walk he wants to go with me.I never have to ask him to go with me he just invites himself along.There are times that I just wish to be alone.We haven't been apart going on 3 yrs now.I love him to death but I feel like I'm being smothered or spied on.He was cheated on by a former lady and and acts like I'm going to do the very same thing.

Maybe you should consider yourself lucky that your b/f doesn't want to go out everytime you ask or want him to.

Old 06-21-2010, 10:58 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,213,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie Tebo View Post

Maybe you should consider yourself lucky that your b/f doesn't want to go out everytime you ask or want him to.
I don't consider myself lucky at all. I never thought it was possible to be in a relationship and still feel so damned lonely.

Sorry to hear you feel smothered though.

Old 06-21-2010, 11:05 PM

751 posts, read 1,674,327 times
Quote:
I don't consider myself lucky at all. I never thought it was possible to be in a relationship and still feel so damned lonely.

Sorry to hear you feel smothered though.

Like I said I love my b/f I just wish he'd quit being so clingy is all.If I say anything about that I wish to be alone sometimes he gets upset.I just need and would like alittle bit of space.

In your situation I guess your b/f is just a home body. LOL

Old 06-21-2010, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie Tebo View Post
I have the opposite situation.My b/f wants to go every place I go.Whenever I say I'm going say just for a walk he wants to go with me.I never have to ask him to go with me he just invites himself along.There are times that I just wish to be alone.We haven't been apart going on 3 yrs now.I love him to death but I feel like I'm being smothered or spied on.He was cheated on by a former lady and and acts like I'm going to do the very same thing.

Joined at the hip isn't cool either!

Old 06-22-2010, 05:44 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,388,478 times
Quote:
Was this really necessary? Why wouldn't you just not post in the thread at all?

Look I'm sorry some of you are so disappointed in me, but I enjoy coming here. It's an escape from my relationship. You don't have to give me advice if you don't want to, even though yes my questions are worded as just that, questions, a lot of the time more than anything I am looking to vent, and looking for other people's stories. I take a lot of comfort knowing I am not the only one out there.

If you don't want to give me advice or are sick of my threads, please just bypass them in future. These kind of comments help no one.
I'm not sick of your threads. I'm just sick of seeing you being emotionally abused by this loser boyfriend of yours. It's sickening to me.
If you notice, less and less people are responding because they feel the same way about it.
You are right though, I will bypass the "venting boyfriend" threads of yours in future. Why bother giving advice to a deaf ear.

Old 06-22-2010, 05:58 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times
Quote:
Haha! No, I doubt it. I went to a wedding a few weeks ago where there was going to be a massive feast! I was the only one at our table without my partner, which was quite embarassing because I had to deal with all the "where is he? why isn't he here?" questions all night.
I can't say I'd be any better. I really have no interest in socializing with my SO's friends and relations--I'd like her to stay home with me. It's not like there aren't enough things there to entertain us.

I might be a little annoyed that she wants to gallivant around town instead of sitting home with me, but I wouldn't deny it to her. Probably wouldn't say anything to her at all.

Old 06-22-2010, 06:00 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,557,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
I'm not sick of your threads. I'm just sick of seeing you being emotionally abused by this loser boyfriend of yours. It's sickening to me.
If you notice, less and less people are responding because they feel the same way about it.
You are right though, I will bypass the "venting boyfriend" threads of yours in future. Why bother giving advice to a deaf ear.
Amen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships