Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2010, 02:01 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,407,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Chemistry goes beyond just sex, that doen't mean you have to join the convent. If your relationships move to fast, that could be a red flag and I'm sure there are exceptions. Theres an older thread here, "Relationships that move to fast" one of PasstheChoclates threads, give it a read.
Exactly. Chemistry is actually if you can know what the other is thinking and feeling. If you have that then Sexual chemistry is no problem. Actually I would think sexual chemistry is the easiest type of chemistry.

Old 07-21-2010, 02:09 PM

881 posts, read 1,112,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Chemistry goes beyond just sex, that doen't mean you have to join the convent. If your relationships move to fast, that could be a red flag and I'm sure there are exceptions. Theres an older thread here, "Relationships that move to fast" one of PasstheChocolates threads, give it a read.

Ok, I am going to go read that one.

Old 07-21-2010, 02:39 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misswee View Post
That was frigging hilarious.

I am telling my story exactly as I feel about, if it dosen't add up to some people, it dosen't add up to some people.

Sorry I might leave out some details here and there, but I am just looking for opinions on the situation at hand, plain and simple.

Sorry if that irks some people.

If you think I am an attention ***** or whatever that is, then just don't read my threads or reply to me.

Simple as that.
Eh, I haven't made up my mind whether or not you're for real. I just saw that this morning and laughed. There are only so many times an adult is allowed to say, "I'm going to change," "I'm going to change any minute now," "No, for serious you guys, I'm going to start doing things differently next time," and so on before people stop listening. And the sheltered life and the endless tears and wanting a man to tuck you in and kiss your forehead and all ... and yet you were in a music video and want to go topless in a movie and you get trashed on Jaeger ... it's like Little House on the Prairie meets Girls Gone Wild. And you're 37, older than I am. It's just weird, that's all. And if you don't like the comments you get, well, you don't have to read them either.

Old 07-21-2010, 02:56 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,866,369 times
In some circumstances I'd say you couldn't just rush into assuming he's a player. Dating isn't easy; even after a couple months, you don't know what's going to happen. Precious, magical, intimate moments as well as periods of coy, harmonious domestic bliss can all of a sudden stop dead when you're deleted from a Facebook and the calls and texts stop and go unanswered with absolutely no explanation, and you're left in the cold. Other people you were interested in from the onset may now be uninterested or have found someone else, meaning that your dating pool dried up for nothing. There's a natural tendency to want to protect yourself, and keeping in contact (and up with the flirtation) is a way of doing this.

Indeed, I've dated multiple women at the same time. I don't feel like there's any harm in this early on, nor would I feel like I'd been "played" if I found out she was doing the same. It's early on, you aren't committed, you don't really know one another.

Now, that said...

1) he was talking about you meeting his parents. This generally suggests more than "dating." I don't want to introduce my parents to a girl I met a week ago and may not talk to again in another week; they're conservative Catholics, and they already have "that feeling" about me, I don't need to validate it and make them go do a dozen rosaries for my soul.

From this, we can either infer that he was interested in you but not willing to give up his other prospects; this would be emotional infidelity if you were in a relationship together; or, he was not interested in you for a relationship, but was willing to make it look that way so he could have his cake and eat it too.

2) He logged into a dating site from your computer to check and send his messages to other women. Not classy. Not only that, but he also lacked the foresight to log out, delete the history, and close the browser, which to me, infers he doesn't give a crap. Not classy. I'm actually a pretty private person when it comes to real life, and wouldn't even pull up my email on their computer (that's why I have a PDA). If he's so blatant, he probably doesn't care enough about you to care about your feelings.

3) From this, I can guess that he's playing a game with you, and up to this point, you have been played the fool. Shame on him. I'd cut it with him, but first tell him why you're doing it: he left his online dating profile up and you saw he was sending messages to women who were evidently interested in him. If he makes any excuses, don't listen; just tell him your piece, tell him never to contact you again, and leave it at that. He deserves to have his pride dented, and know how his actions affect others.

Old 07-21-2010, 03:00 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,385,589 times
Quote:
He logged into a dating site from your computer to check and send his messages to other women. Not classy. Not only that, but he also lacked the foresight to log out, delete the history, and close the browser, which to me, infers he doesn't give a crap. Not classy. I'm actually a pretty private person when it comes to real life, and wouldn't even pull up my email on their computer (that's why I have a PDA). If he's so blatant, he probably doesn't care enough about you to care about your feelings.
That's what bugged me personally so much about this whole scenario. He simply showed that he doesn't give a damn whether or not she would find him flirting with other girls.
Yes, some suggested to talk to him and discuss the relationship like an adult, but sometimes actions just simply speak louder than words to me. The message would be loud and clear for me to even have any other discussions: "he just doesn't like me as much as I thought he did". What else is there to discuss?

Old 07-21-2010, 03:00 PM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misswee View Post
The guy I have been seeing on and off and then for the last month seen basically every day, forgot to log out of a dating site on my computer and is talking to all of these other girls as of yesterday as far as I can see....

Sending them messages, like "hey cutie, how are you?" etc....

Guys do NOT normally do this in the begining if they are interested in a new girl that they hang out with 4-5 days a week do they?

Should I confront him and get it overwith, or just pretend I don't know and dump him?

Guys, do you still flirt around a bit in the begining and I may be over reacting?

PLEASE give me the HARD HONEST answers to this.

I was starting to fall for him.... LAST NIGHT he was talking about meeting his parents in the next month or two.

He also said that he thought he would never want to get married, but now thinks he DOES want to get married and be a real family one day if things work out etc...

Am I being played big time?

is he some woman hater setting me up for some huge burn or something???

I am sooooo confused.

I don't want to over react, but I don't want to be played for a fool either....
You are dating someone, and he logs into a dating site on YOUR computer???? Oh my. And you are considering continuing to see him??? Seriously?

I'd be closing that door and locking it behind me.

Old 07-21-2010, 03:01 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,385,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Eh, I haven't made up my mind whether or not you're for real. I just saw that this morning and laughed. There are only so many times an adult is allowed to say, "I'm going to change," "I'm going to change any minute now," "No, for serious you guys, I'm going to start doing things differently next time," and so on before people stop listening. And the sheltered life and the endless tears and wanting a man to tuck you in and kiss your forehead and all ... and yet you were in a music video and want to go topless in a movie and you get trashed on Jaeger ... it's like Little House on the Prairie meets Girls Gone Wild. And you're 37, older than I am. It's just weird, that's all. And if you don't like the comments you get, well, you don't have to read them either.
This is not the first time OP throws something outthere just to get overly sensitive, defensive and emotional over responses and accuse everyone else in being insensitive.

Old 07-21-2010, 03:04 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Quote:
Remembering another posters threads, an exotic club dancer and Miamis gone wild cluber indignant bc she wanted to be treated like Mary Poppins and the men she met were only interested in sex....Hello.

Old 07-21-2010, 03:08 PM

Quote:
That is EXACTLY what it feels like too....

Like I have supressed myself for soooo long, that I am loosing it.

Old 07-21-2010, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
This is not the first time OP throws something outthere just to get overly sensitive, defensive and emotional over responses and accuse everyone else in being insensitive.

I am not being defensive, and you are just reading things as "emotional".

That is what sucks about typing, you can't hear a tone of voice, or sarcasim, or contemplation etc.

I am just being open.

Should I put a smiley after every sentence to show when I am happy and just casually having a conversation?

Then the smilies look sarcastic sometimes too...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.