Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 02:05 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,630,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
o well! men will always desire to be
with younger women. that's only
natural. bye.
LOL...it's true that I have older men approaching me all the time. Maybe I will just have to find a way to start liking them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 02:17 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,286,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
You can't put a number on who is "Old". It's all relative unless your Brad Pitt or someone else who is timeless and could date 20 year olds or 40 year olds without anyone batting an eye. 30 to me at 40 is Young and to a 20 yo it could be considered old?
If you feel young at 40, cool. Youth has been considered beautiful/attractive through the ages and something many women have a hard time coping with. Ever wondered why models, cheerleaders, beauty pageants, etc. are normally in their 20s? That is what sells, that is what the public/consumer finds attractive, and so on. The day women accept they will age no matter what will be the day we will see Maybelline, Revlon, Lancôme, plastic surgeons, etc. go bankrupt.

Old 04-10-2012, 02:57 PM

773 posts, read 1,260,951 times
Mod cut: Orphaned.

As far as the old fart/young hot thing relationship goes ... I witnessed one of these transpire last summer. Friend of a friend was a seriously hot blonde in her early 40s. He had to be in his early 60s, if not older. When I first saw them sitting at the restaurant table, I thought they were father and daughter, because she also looked far younger than her chronological age.

Predictably, he was Very Rich. Predictably, he spoiled her rotten with expensive European sports cars and ad-hoc trips to exotic locales. Predictably, this whole thing ended in disaster after a year, when she filed for divorce. But before that, there was a lot of messy business and accusations of verbal abuse and all sorts of nasty this-n-that.

So that's that. He wanted arm candy, she wanted Mr. Moneybags. I think they both sort of deserved each other in the end ...

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-10-2012 at 03:40 PM..

Old 04-10-2012, 03:04 PM

102,235 posts, read 108,110,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa78703 View Post
I used to think that by the time guys reached their 40s, they'd be more realistic. But it never ends.

Why do men do this? Why can't they be happy with someone their own age?
I've had the opposite experience. I have a "baby face", so I look much younger than I am. Guys my age ignore me, I've been followed around by teenagers most of my adult life, well into my 40's. Psychologically healthy guys want to be around mature women in their age-range with whom they can have an interesting conversation. They're not interested in women who look like children or college students, unless they're pedophiles, that's my experience. Those 60-somethings probably are just looking for a nurse to take care of them.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:06 PM

44,376 posts, read 20,094,272 times
The thread has been cleaned up and reopened. People, please refrain from personal attacks, bickering and derailing the thread. Stick to the topic. Thanks!
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-10-2012 at 03:42 PM..

Old 04-10-2012, 03:48 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,073,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
they will always want the younger women, the younger they can get them the better b/c it boosts their ego and they feel they can run all over some really young girl. Most grown women wouldn't allow it.
No it's because not many women over 35 still have SEX APPEAL. And if they do they are already attached. So that can be one reason.

Old 04-14-2012, 04:30 AM

178 posts, read 376,500 times
So let me state the obvious, at least from my perspective. Older men have more money, career stability, leisure time, and have a depth of experience that can be attractive to a younger woman who sees her youth, beauty, and body as an asset she can bring to the table in exchange for enjoying the ride with an older guy. Once you accept the reality of what each other has to offer, what's left is trying to figure out emotional compatibility and depth of love and commitment. It may involve friendship, companionship, sex, or maybe even marriage... who knows until you try. But, no doubt, there are women who can't deal with dating an older guy. I read once that 40% of women won't go for it, 30% are open to idea with the right guy or at least willing to explore, and 30% have no problem with dating an older guy --this one can also be cultural, i.e., foreign women.

I mention the cultural variation for a reason that may not be so obvious: the issues many women have with dating older guys are societal norms and rules, i.e., your attitudes reflect how you were raised and American values. In many cultures, and anthropologically speaking, the alpha males also include older guys with economic and social power. Look at Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes.... ewww??? Nah, there is something more acceptable about that arrangement, right? Yes, older alpha males don't get the same scrutiny. And, I get it that older beta males can be very unattractive to younger women. Just like beta women over 35 can be very unattractive to men for various reasons. It's the sad reality of attraction, mating, and being human.

Old 04-15-2012, 06:25 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,743,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
No it's because not many women over 35 still have SEX APPEAL. And if they do they are already attached. So that can be one reason.
whatever you say. I stand by what I said.

Old 04-16-2012, 04:49 AM

404 posts, read 702,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I'm afraid this is the real deal here.

Yes, there ARE some women which are still attractive at 45 or 50, but how many? How many women at 50 do you know that can even reach a minimum of physical attractiveness? Men, on the other hand, tend to lose much less attractiveness comparatively if they keep a minimum physical dondition.

One thing is getting married and growing old together, but I have a hard time believing that, when I get 50, I will find women my own age attractive enough, save some exception (sorry gals)

Old 04-16-2012, 07:05 AM

1,818 posts, read 2,688,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carra View Post
I'm afraid this is the real deal here.

Yes, there ARE some women which are still attractive at 45 or 50, but how many? How many women at 50 do you know that can even reach a minimum of physical attractiveness? Men, on the other hand, tend to lose much less attractiveness comparatively if they keep a minimum physical dondition.

One thing is getting married and growing old together, but I have a hard time believing that, when I get 50, I will find women my own age attractive enough, save some exception (sorry gals)
Where I live, it's the other way around. The women look great (the ones that are not over 200 lbs) and the men have let themselves go. Most of the men are bald and have big guts. Yet they list themselves as attractive with an "athletic" build -- LMAO!

And you will be surprised how your "attractive meter" will change as you get older.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships