Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 05:23 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by samra101 View Post
Well , we all know since the online dating issue started we all tried our luck see if we met same one and then met them in person.It all looks a great idea i must say , if their weren't same people abusing it.
I tried online dating so many times it ended up in bad.For me , i am not intersted on online kind of staff coz their are lots of duds who play the dumest game which i dont know what they are getting out of it.
I perfer to meet sameone in real life, which makes it real.
My advice is KEEP IT REAL
Well, considering your post, I can imagine what kind of men you'd attract, so I can believe it ends badly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2010, 05:43 PM

37,624 posts, read 46,016,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Well, considering your post, I can imagine what kind of men you'd attract, so I can believe it ends badly.
My thoughts exactly.

Old 08-22-2010, 06:22 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,199,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
This afternoon, I was at the Bass Pro Shop buying some hooks and bait and the cashier was a pretty little thing. Very nice girl and I thought about asking for her number but she could be way too young. Also, I figured she probably gets hit on a lot by all the rednecks that go through that store
Damn, that lucky girl will never know the bullet she dodged.

Old 09-10-2010, 07:45 AM

2,013 posts, read 3,548,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Umm...when I use an online "dating" site, I do meet the people in real life.
I don't consider having an online communication as anything more than just that. The whole point is, to actually MEET them face to face. Online dating sites are simply one method to find prospective dates. Really not much difference to me...just that online suits my lifestyle better.
I believe it was meant to say that at least with online dating, you have the access to all the details you need to know before you actually meet your date in person. There was a lot of unknowns with the girl at the shop he went to.

Old 09-10-2010, 12:09 PM

93 posts, read 169,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
This afternoon, I was at the Bass Pro Shop buying some hooks and bait and the cashier was a pretty little thing. Very nice girl and I thought about asking for her number but she could be way too young. Also, I figured she probably gets hit on a lot by all the rednecks that go through that store

I guess, I am used to meeting people through online dating and I much prefer to meet people in real life but what if I asked for her number and she was 18? At least online, you can search people by age. Do you prefer to meet people online, real life or a combination of both?
I would just try to get her talking and that might indicate her age.

example, "so are you really into fishing" Just keep dropping the questions or statements that keep her mouth moving. she should express where she's at in life. If she's not very talkative and it's not shyness then she's not interested. you will never need to ask her for her phone number. There's a fairly good chance she will indicate highschool, college, ect.

Old 09-10-2010, 12:34 PM

44,369 posts, read 20,070,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
My thoughts exactly.
Mine, too.

Old 09-10-2010, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samra101 View Post
Well , we all know since the online dating issue started we all tried our luck see if we met same one and then met them in person.It all looks a great idea i must say , if their weren't same people abusing it.
I tried online dating so many times it ended up in bad.For me , i am not intersted on online kind of staff coz their are lots of duds who play the dumest game which i dont know what they are getting out of it.
I perfer to meet sameone in real life, which makes it real.
My advice is KEEP IT REAL
I'm not really sure what the game is.

Old 09-10-2010, 01:33 PM

732 posts, read 1,046,363 times
I'm a 51 year old man, divorced 2 years now and meet women through on-line sites. It's an interesting experience. I tried the "fish" site and got nowhere fast. I posted my profile and pic and waited for the flood of responses, LOL. Of course, I got none.

I then perused the listings and sent out about 50 inquiries. I limited my search to all women within a few years of my age and similiar in work background as I'm a blue collar guy. In other words, I targeted secretaries, store clerks, factory workers, etc. I also picked ladies that were about average in the looks department, just like myself. I'm decent looking but certainly no movie star. I tried to personalize each e-mail with something from their profile so it wouldn't seem like a canned inquiry. BTW, I was amazed at how young most of these 50 year old women looked. Most of them looked in their mid-30's. Gee, I wonder if those were recent pictures?

Anyway, I only got 3 tepid, disinterested responses. None of them responded to my follow-up e-mail. Frankly, I was a little surprised. I'm a fit man, 5'11", 180 lbs with an athletic build as I work out a lot. Still have most of my hair, all of my teeth, which are straight and white. Don't smoke or drink, varied interests, financially stable homeowner, etc. I can't help but think most of the women were looking for George Clooney or Brad Pitt. Guess I can't blame them as I wouldn't mind finding Shania Twain but ain't gonna happen.

Anyway, I've had a lot more luck on Craigslist. I actually had a serious relationship with a woman I met there last year but it ended recently. I ran an ad again and am in correspondence with several seemingly nice women. It will be interesting to see if any of them work out. Even if nothing works out for a long-term thing, I'm having fun in the process. So put me down very much in favor of on-line meetings.

Old 09-10-2010, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandavaran View Post
I can't help but think most of the women were looking for George Clooney or Brad Pitt.
Welcome to online dating. The more impatient men get, the more women they click, the more choices women get, the higher their standards go, the more pointless it becomes for men.

I've sent a click to about 30 women that live near me in the last 3 weeks and i've been lucky enough to have one click back. But even if i actually chatted with her. i'd have to asume shes going to chat with 5 other guys at once. which is....gheY! ending my subscription.

Old 09-18-2012, 09:07 AM

1 posts, read 1,061 times
the internet people and phobias i see in today's america is over paranoid, and comes off an extremely ungrounded perspective. this is a fact! I approach people all the time, who say omg i may be afraid if that guy/girl is a serial killer, murderer, rapist, etc. i say "Ok" while rolling my eyes, "in your life and interactions so far how many of the people YOU DESCRIBE DID YOU RUN INTO"? and they draw a blank stare, and all of them say "well no one so far", and i say "BINGO, THERE'S YOUR ANSWER." I was reminding those ungrounded people that 99.9% of people are good people, the only crazy few are the ones you hear about in the news media, and that too some of those stories are fake and full of lies, because they are only doing so to get higher ratings, they are also a corporate organization, and have no obligation to tell the truth. how many gullible people out there don't know this? i have a friend who worked in news media so i know.

and speaking of "omg that Blank person is so creepy", let's take a look at myself. I grew up in brooklyn new york, and i got beat up by youth gang members and got into a bloody mess. I was outnumbered and my face was almost covered in blood. and OMG I WAS 11. I wish i could have gotten away with pussyitis syndrome in the 90's but we didn't believe in that back then, because it would make you fragile in real life to rely on male security guards to protect you, that is very clingy and dependent.

i always notice that very spoiled girls who never faced any hardships use words like creepy, because no girl i ever came across in the hood, (in areas which is 10 times more violent and more likely for rape to occur), use such words. they judge each person as an individual, not as a group, and are only violent if that person tries to physically or verbally assault them. you online, and suburbian girls can learn a thing or two from hood girls, about how to live life, they are far more grounded than the spoiled girls i see sometimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships