Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 06:48 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,343,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
If you do not like the way I debate, please do not debate with me. I believe this is the first debate we have had, so I find it fascinating that you would depict this dialogue as if we have a history of acrimonious disagreement. If you wish to think that, have it your way.

I am strident, but not insulting, not degrading or nasty. I say what I mean, and I mean what I say. When I do believe I have crossed the line, I readily apologize. I admit that I do not believe I have crossed the line that often, and I do not believe I have done so in this instance.

In any event, I continue to consider your latest posts insulting. If you do not agree with me, please feel free to put me on your ignore list, as I will do for you.

Exactly. No one is forcing these people to read opinions from posters they don't agree with. Put the posters you find distasteful on ignore and therefore you will not be subjected to our opinions. I find it really insulting that I am made to feel like I can't voice my opinion on something I am strongly against.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2010, 12:46 AM

396 posts, read 733,527 times
Quote:
If you do not like the way I debate, please do not debate with me. I believe this is the first debate we have had, so I find it fascinating that you would depict this dialogue as if we have a history of acrimonious disagreement. If you wish to think that, have it your way.
No, this is not the first debate we have had. In the last debate we had, you told me what a twisted individual I am. In the one before that, you made sure to let me know that you found my relationship dynamic nutty - though at least in that one you agreed you'd been insulting and said you weren't here to insult people.

So it has nothing to do with the "way" you debate - and has everything to do with the fact that you resort to insulting people directly when you don't agree with them.

Quote:
I am strident, but not insulting, not degrading or nasty. I say what I mean, and I mean what I say. When I do believe I have crossed the line, I readily apologize. I admit that I do not believe I have crossed the line that often, and I do not believe I have done so in this instance.

In any event, I continue to consider your latest posts insulting. If you do not agree with me, please feel free to put me on your ignore list, as I will do for you.
No, I don't put people on ignore... but I am glad to hear you've put me on ignore... at least now I don't have to deal with further insults from you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships