Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2010, 10:26 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,299,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
http://deadspin.com/5652280/the-full-duke-university-****-list-thesis-from-a-former-female-student/gallery/#

Good for her. Even though it was never meant to go further than her friends, it’s about time women stopped hiding. Men brag about their sexual conquests all the time.

You go girl!!!
I'm sorry but this is just disgusting. If this were a man I would be saying the same thing. What was that girl possibly thinking???? She must have the IQ of a fruit fly, and no class either.

Gross, gross, gross .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2010, 10:47 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,682,126 times
Lightbulb Let's Try This Again, Shall We?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
Men are absolutely THRILLING creatures: particularly athletes in their prime.

That's all the motivation anyone needs. That girl has experienced some fabulously beautiful men. She's made memories that will be with her for the rest of her life. Having sex with magnificent men is not a symptom of some sort of defect. It is a sign of someone who makes their own opportunities.

While certain people are withering away, putting barriers between themselves and Life, she's living life. The most successful people I know, the ones who actually made their money, rather than growing up in a privileged milieu, tend to have very active sex lives, as only one facet of very active lives.

And assertions that sleeping around is somehow "low class" amaze me. Surely, I'm not the only person who knows about the dalliances of the English and French Nobility. Hasn't anyone else read anything other than Family Circle and People?

There are plenty of women who see men as nothing but a means to an end (the money and/or status that being attached to one will bring). What a pity. I see them mistreat and discard the most amazing men, oblivious to the fact that they had something more wonderful than all the money in the world, and were too busy being (whatever) to enjoy what they had.

Basically, this gal was grazing the orchard, tasting the produce. She's gotten ahold of a couple of Lemons: but she's also found some real Peaches...and some Plums. And I hope she finds a tree that's just right. In fact, I know she will. The fact that this got leaked onto the Net is unfortunate. But I admire her for going out and getting some of the best of what Life has to offer.

I will add that with the ongoing genocide of whites, worldwide, none of this will matter within a quarter-century. It is best to enjoy the remaining good years, before things start getting really bad. There may not be many more chances for happiness.

And by the way: for a few of those stallions, this was great publicity. Some of those guys got their bona fides (yeah...I know...) from her write-up, and will have horny gals after them until they're sixty-something (in the unlikely event Western Civilization persists for that long).
1) People running around screwing everything with two legs and a heartbeat, does NOT make them candidates for the Medal Of Honor and a spot on Entertainment Tonight...trying to make that woman sound like anything except Eva Von Slutsky is like trying to give a razorback hog a makeover---no matter how dizzy you get trying to spin it otherwise...

2) What French and English nobility did back in the day means absolutely jack-nothing in the here and now...and yes Miss Upsnoot, people do indeed read stuff beyond Family Circle and People---stereotyping people who are different than you will get you absolutely nothing besides stale crackers and warm milk at recess...

3) 'Having sex with magnificent men is not a symptom of some sort of defect'...true...but broadcasting that s**t across the Internet is annoying...everybody doesn't want to read or see some narcissistic, self-serving braggadocio and---newsflash---the act of not wanting to be bothered with that stuff doesn't make anyone 'defective' either

4) Living life, my dog's furry a**...here's what's up, reduced to its' base elements...she let a bunch of jabronis (stallions are horses, not humans) play 'hide the salami roll' with her, and then turned around and did a f***ing Power Point presentation, complete with a rating system, and now expects to be treated like the greatest thing since 2-ply toilet paper...NOT!!! People have better things to do with their time than to hear someone carry on about some college-campus 'bone-a-thon'

5) Yep---in certain portions of the civilized world, 'sleeping around' IS low class...and spreading the word about what you and your various meat-monkeys did online is wrong as hell too...quit trying to make this (and I use the term VERY loosely here) woman out to be the Queen Mother Of Pass-Around Goodies...frankly, I hope she DOES get a book and/or movie deal, so people can truly experience the coal-mine deep stupidity and waste of time that is sexuallly-oriented narcissism...give me a break with this, already

Old 10-08-2010, 11:06 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Do people still say "not" ?

I'm getting a late 80s Anthrax flashback. "I'm on your case, I'm in your face..."

Old 10-08-2010, 11:08 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,554,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post

I'm getting a late 80s Anthrax flashback.
Ummmmm hellooo? Borat? Yes. Not.

Old 10-09-2010, 01:09 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post

I'm getting a late 80s Anthrax flashback. "I'm on your case, I'm in your face..."
Bulldozer.

Last edited by virgode; 10-09-2010 at 01:35 AM..

Old 10-09-2010, 06:35 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,014,468 times
It's the last I'll bother to speak on this topic because seriously, how much is there to possibly say? People say things in these threads, it spurs observation and thought on the part of others and "conversation", albeit via electronic media, rolls away down myriad tangents according to individual perceptions and/or sore points.

For Avienne:

Yes, everybody lies -- if you want to base your perception of reality on a work of fiction revolving around a character whose personal drive involves a superior intellect combined with condescending, narcissistic misanthropy; don't get me wrong, House rocks, but according to that reasoning religion is ONLY a tool because Frank Herbert said so in his Dune books. Everybody lies, I'll agree -- at least until (assuming they ever do) they wake up and realize two things:

1. They no longer care about impressing others with imaginary things or about setting up imaginary scenarios involving some form of manipulation because it's much easier to simply cope with reality and impress those who matter

2. They realize it's so damnably much easier to just remember what happened as opposed to attempting to juggle things about by trying to remember what they've been telling people in order to make the lies all coincide just in case heads ever get together.

Still, for the record, I'm WITH you: I don't answer those questions unless I'm really involved with someone and they push for the answers, in which case I'm not going to lie, not to impress them nor to spare their sensitivities. Don't go asking questions to which you might not really want the answers, and don't ask questions that will potentially bother YOU and harm what is an otherwise perfectly good relationship.

Kudos for your stance on that.

For some of the other women in here (most assuredly NOT all):

It's been my observation that humans (without the capital H, which is to suggest monkeys with clothes and some modicum of potty training) are generally predictable. Sometimes they surprise you, even if only a little; but mostly they can be relied on to exhibit three basic emotions:

1. Greed
2. Lust
3. Greed

I've noticed that justification is a powerful tool in this life and various forms of "social enlightenment" really amount to nothing more than coming up with various reasons they should be allowed to conduct themselves in any way they please in order to maximize personal gratification.

Now, don't get me wrong; gratification is NICE and I enjoy it as much as the next guy! For all that I might enter a relationship I feel is based on love and consideration it's still pretty awesome to have a nooner and unload Mr. Happy in the hot, velvety depths of the willing participant with whom I'm involved... repeatedly.

Nevertheless...

Watch people sometime, listen to the things they say, see how those words coincide (or pointedly FAIL to coincide) with the things they actually do. Watch how those statements shift and change over time, whether from personal growth or from failing abilities or from shifting perspectives.

Listen to young "wiccans", for example, speak of their rituals with an aggrandizing approach, filled to the brim with self-righteousness when explaining why it's necessary to be "sky-clad" during as many ceremonies as possible... and look at the numbers of young men versus young women seeking these things out. A few may be "seeking" but the majority, for all their words, are hoping to see naked women -- period. Listen to them speak of it and take note of the sheer lengths to which they'll go in their explanations, then hunt them up ten years later, see if their dedication to "the Goddess" is just as strong as it was when they were 17-20.

Listen to young women who sleep around and brag openly about it, pay attention as they speak of their reasons for it. Like I said in an earlier post, the line between women you F*** and women you marry has NOTHING to do with sex and EVERYTHING to do with conduct. I've known women who have had a LOT of sex and I've not touched them OR looked at them as relationship material, and I've known women who have had a LOT of sex -- and I never knew until we were together, after which it didn't really matter so much unless they began to conduct themselves badly.

Listen to women who respond to the topic of sexuality with blunt aggression, assuming anyone who says anything is challenging them, pay attention to their answers and what those answers mean:

If you're part of the "so what, I can do what I want" crowd -- hey, I can respect that, I really can, at least you're independent about it; and just as you're free to do what you want sexually, I'm free to accept or disdain it as I feel accordingly. See my note above regarding both varieties of women I've known who have had a LOT of sex for that one.

If you're part of the "Oh yeah? Well MEN do it, so why shouldn't we?" crowd, then it tells me Men really DO rule your life, that your thinking revolves around RE-action rather than ACTION, that your so-called "decisions" are actually based on how others conduct themselves. You're just part of a bad crowd and if I recognize you early enough then I wouldn't touch you with someone else's d***, not if I was drunk, desperate and mad at him.

Newsflash: If a pig farm next door reeks to high Heaven and disgusts you, spreading sh** around your place doesn't get back at the pigs or the farmer; his place and his pigs already stink so much they're all accustomed to it. Instead, it just makes your place stink too.

I'm not going to call the girl who did this a sl ut for all the action she got. Her numbers mean nothing to me.

I WILL say her conduct suggests some severe esteem problems and her writing of this piece suggests some idiotic decision-making on her part, and I WILL say that sure, when I was a kid I'd have slept with her just like those other kids did -- why not? She was clearly a girl who put out.

But I wouldn't marry her, not for all the diamonds in Africa, all the tea in China and all the green cheese on the Moon; and were my son in her age group I'd warn him to wear two condoms if he ever went there AND I'd tell him to avoid any and all emotional attachment to her. I'd tell him, you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas. Blunt and to the point.

Old 10-09-2010, 09:31 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,270,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
It's the last I'll bother to speak on this topic because seriously, how much is there to possibly say? People say things in these threads, it spurs observation and thought on the part of others and "conversation", albeit via electronic media, rolls away down myriad tangents according to individual perceptions and/or sore points.

For Avienne:

Yes, everybody lies -- if you want to base your perception of reality on a work of fiction revolving around a character whose personal drive involves a superior intellect combined with condescending, narcissistic misanthropy; don't get me wrong, House rocks, but according to that reasoning religion is ONLY a tool because Frank Herbert said so in his Dune books.
Aight.

Last edited by Yzette; 10-09-2010 at 10:04 AM..

Old 10-09-2010, 09:35 AM

3,261 posts, read 5,305,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Do you feel the same way about men who have casual sex like that? Even though it's more difficult for them to get it, there are men that can do that.
Casual as in, I know nothing about you nor do I really care to, yes I do, although not for the same reasons. For me any person who minimizes themselves to simply satisfying their immediate pleasure and gratification, has nothing to brag about. When a man's little head, yanno... the non-judgmental one, rules a man's actions... that says something about him too. Bragging rights... meh, what's to brag about? That girl has likely done the same to dozens of other guys before you and likely more after you too. Lastly, without any thought a man that goes for drunken casual sex has potentially exposed himself to disease and/or the possibility that he will be bound to this practical stranger for the next 18 years and 9 months, at the minimum. Stupid is what it is.

I also see some hypocrisy from those that make the argument, "Women have needs and urges too". Those same people would look down at those that don't control their urge to eat to the point of obesity, be lazy to the point of being non-productive and cheat because it's not natural to be mongamous.

Control, discretion, judgment and foresight, those are qualities I respect in both men and women.

Last edited by robee70; 10-09-2010 at 09:51 AM..

Old 10-09-2010, 09:39 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,270,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
You are operating under a logical fallacy that (1) a misogynist is someone who says he hates women; and (2) if a man expresses hatred for women without actually saying that he hates women, then he's not a misogynist. In fact, however, a misogynist is someone who does hate women, whether he formally declares it or not. Every comment about women that I have ever seen you make on CD was extremely disparaging and filled to the brim with resentment. I don't recall you making a single statement about any woman, ever, that can be characterized as even remotely positive. (And no, saying some women have ****able bodies doesn't count.) Your comments, while not containing a formal declaration of hatred, nevertheless clearly support a logical inference that you hate women. Therefore, you are a misogynist.

Thank you. I wasn't on C-D last night and you saved me a few keystrokes.

Old 10-09-2010, 09:45 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,014,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post

Urb, I think you're groovy, but if that video prompted you to write that huge-arse post, you need to lighten up.

Of course, feel free to write all the theses you like, but if you've aimed that post at me, I'm afraid I don't have time to go through all of it right now. Maybe later, when I've had some caffeine.

Yous do the chillax, bayyyy-beee -- just the part I referred directly to you, up to and including my agreement with your stance, was directed at you.

The rest was directed at the self-delusional types in the thread who can't see anything resembling consequence for their actions and/or decisions coming down the road and was spurred by watching them repeat things I've often heard elsewhere with regard to justification for the sake of what amounts to nothing more than instant gratification.

That's why the line "for some of the rest of the women in here" existed: Delineator!

We coo', we coo'...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships