Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 05:10 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,639,977 times

Advertisements

Amanda makes a good point, If a person is IN the friend zone, and they try to cross the line, and are denied.
They can STAY friends, and be done. or they can leave and try with someone new.

We have all heard "Can't we just be friends?" which means "DO NOT CROSS"

Harry and Sally don't exist

(and it sucks)

Jonathan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2010, 05:11 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,143,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
Amanda makes a good point, If a person is IN the friend zone, and they try to cross the line, and are denied.
They can STAY friends, and be done. or they can leave and try with someone new.

We have all heard "Can't we just be friends?" which means "DO NOT CROSS"

Harry and Sally don't exist

(and it sucks)

Jonathan
It's all about respect. Trying to repeatedly cross the friend zone after being told not to is a breach of this respect.

Old 12-06-2010, 05:14 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,305,724 times
IMO, only people who have interest that isn't being returned call it "the friend zone". Others just call it a friendship.

Old 12-06-2010, 05:14 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,399,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I don't know you, so I have no reason to doubt what you say...much. For 99% of women, a guy who is constantly in the presence of attractive women will become attractive. The exceptions to this rule , in my experience, are rare.
While that is possibly true. I have to wonder, if he is 'constantly in the presence of attractive women' why is he obsessing over the one girl who isn't interested?

Old 12-06-2010, 05:15 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,815,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I doubt she'd even have to do that. Unless she's a walrus, all she has to say is "Your place or mine?" and it's on. Guys generally won't balk at the opportunity for sex. Just because you want a billion dollars doesn't mean you wouldn't take a $20 bill if someone handed it to you.

I don't know you, so I have no reason to doubt what you say...much. For 99% of women, a guy who is constantly in the presence of attractive women will become attractive. The exceptions to this rule , in my experience, are rare.
Put it together: "99% of women in my experience". To generalize the entire gender by pulling an outrageous statistic out of the air is, well...outrageous.

Old 12-06-2010, 05:17 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,399,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
It's all about respect. Trying to repeatedly cross the friend zone after being told not to is a breach of this respect.
That's the point at which the one who is stuck in the friendzone needs to grow a set and end the pseudo-friendship.

Old 12-06-2010, 05:19 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,143,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
That's the point at which the one who is stuck in the friendzone needs to grow a set and end the pseudo-friendship.
Either that, or be a man and respect the fact that a friendship is the most he'll get out of me.

Old 12-06-2010, 05:21 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,595,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy View Post
Put it together: "99% of women in my experience". To generalize the entire gender by pulling an outrageous statistic out of the air is, well...outrageous.
I think it's silly to think that someone who is in the friend zone can get out by learning new rules or "game". Seriously...if they are your friend don't you think they will know what you are up to? And that you started acting differently all of the sudden?

Old 12-06-2010, 05:24 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,305,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
I agree! End all pseudo-friendships!

Old 12-06-2010, 05:25 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,815,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
I think it's silly to think that someone who is in the friend zone can get out by learning new rules or "game". Seriously...if they are your friend don't you think they will know what you are up to? And that you started acting differently all of the sudden?
Exactly. Game-playing doesn't work with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships